Ativan vs Valium for a female patient aged 39
Summary: 7,420 female patients aged 39 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Ativan vs Valium for a female aged 39. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,243 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Valium (latest outcomes from 21,840 users) has active ingredients of diazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
What is the symptom
Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 36,389 Disorientation patients)
On Apr, 24, 2015: 7,420 female patients aged 35 who take the same drugs are studied in Ativan vs Valium
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
|Female||35||Post Concussion Syndrome|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 35 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
|Ativan (Biovail)||Valium (Roche)|
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Ativan (Biovail)||Valium (Roche)|
|Headache||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Valium (diazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Ativan is used in:
- Valium is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Ativan alternatives:
- Valium alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ritalin, Celexa, Lorazepam for a 17-year old girl who has Petit Mal Seizure
- Comparions of Ambien, Valium for a 30-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Mesalamine, Lorazepam for a 69-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Esgic-plus, Ativan for a 56-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a 31-year old man who has Been Prescribed For 10 Years
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Diazepam, Meclizine for a 63-year old woman who has Dizziness
- Comparions of Diazepam Intensol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide for a 67-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Valium, Corgard for a 31-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Effexor, Lorazepam for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Ativan, Buspirone Hcl for a 39-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Methscopolamine Bromide, Lorazepam, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Morphine for a 85-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Dalmane, Restoril, Valium for a 49-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, Ativan for a 88-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Valium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Ativan, Fioricet W/ Codeine for a 36-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Invega, Diazepam for a 27-year old man who has Esquizofrenia
- Comparions of Adderall Xr 20, Ativan, Topamax for a 27-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Klonopin, Valium for a 44-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Lyrica, Promethazine, Diazepam, , Subutex for a 29-year old woman who has Syringomyelia
- Comparions of Acamprosate Calcium, Lorazepam for a 61-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Lyrica, Lorazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Oxycontin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Nuropathy, Major Depressive Syndrom, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Reflective Sympathetic Dystophy
- Comparions of Xanax, Valium for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lorazepam for a 78-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 29-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Nortriptyline
- Comparions of Ativan, Xanax for a 35-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Valium, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 20-year old woman who has Substance Abuse
- Comparions of Carisoprodol, Ativan for a 54-year old woman who has Stress
- Comparions of Diazepam, Xanax Xr for a 39-year old man who has Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia
- Comparions of Buspirone Hcl, Ativan for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Gabapentin for a 31-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Ativan, Lexapro, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gemcitabine, Taxotere for a 60-year old woman who has Sarcoma Uterus
- Comparions of Xanax, Valium for a 57-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Valium, Oxycodone for a 40-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Trazodone Hydrochloride, Diazepam for a 50-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Xanax, VALIUM for a 53-year old woman who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Oxazepam, Diazepam for a 64-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Valium, Xanax for a 62-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Valium, Flaxedil for a 79-year old man who has Sciatica
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Lexapro for a 34-year old woman who has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Valium, Abilify for a 32-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Xarelto, Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate for a 87-year old man who has Bloodpressure, Cholesteral
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Ativan for a 76-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Acyclovir, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Suboxone, Ativan for a 34-year old woman who has PTSD
- Comparions of Promethazine, Ativan for a 51-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Toradol, Valium for a 49-year old man who has Surgery
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.