A study for a 81-year old man who takes Combigan, Lisinopril
Summary: 13 male patients aged 81 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 81 year old male patient who has Glaucoma, High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Personalized health information: on eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA and social media since 1977. Our tools are free and anonymous. 66 million people have used us. 200+ peer-reviewed medical journals have referenced our original studies. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Combigan has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma. (latest outcomes from 1,288 Combigan users)
Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 99,333 Lisinopril users)
What are the conditions
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z, Latanoprost, Cosopt. (latest reports from 19,187 Glaucoma patients)
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Diovan. (latest reports from 330,147 High Blood Pressure patients)
What is the symptom
Vision Blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,528 Vision Blurred patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 13 males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan, Lisinopril are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Glaucoma, High blood pressure
- Combigan - 0.2%;0.5% (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Lisinopril - 10MG (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
Drug interactions have: severe vision blurred
Comments from or about the patient: treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred||4 (30.77% of males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred in Glaucoma||40 (3.66% of males aged 76 (±5) who have Glaucoma)|
|Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure||137 (0.73% of males aged 76 (±5) who have High blood pressure)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred in Combigan||9 (7.96% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan)|
|Vision Blurred in Lisinopril||115 (1.23% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Lisinopril)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Corneal Epithelium Defect||Vision Blurred||Eye Swelling||n/a||Vision Blurred||n/a||n/a||Headache|
|Intraocular Pressure Increased||Lacrimation Increased||General Physical Health Deterioration|
|Corneal Pigmentation||Drug Ineffective||Hyperhidrosis|
|Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome||Pruritus|
|Keratitis Bacterial||Visual Impairment|
|Urine Colour Abnormal|
|Urine Output Decreased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
You are not alone! Join a related support group:
- support group for people who take Combigan and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred and Glaucoma
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Combigan
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Glaucoma
"I noticed an increase in the frequency of headaches and also a noticeable increase in vision loss after I had botox injections for what I thought were migraine headache but now think are headaches from glaucoma. I also noticed a worsening of the symptoms of bipolar affective disorder in that I have ... "
- Support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
"Developing thinning hair in the crown area, have been taking Benicar HCT for a long time. And there zero history of baldness on either side of my family... Wondering if I should change medications?"
- Support group for people who have Vision Blurred
"Just stared stelara....blurred vision."
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril
"I'm taking Crestor, Lisinopril, Omeprazole, Bystolic and Vitamin D and am experiencing loss of taste and extremely dry skin. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to determine which if any particular drug is causing?"
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can taking lisinopril and terazosin cause under arm lymph nodes
I also take cronditin and Glucosamine 1200mg
- Why my systolic and diatstolic bp decease to 100/50 in the evening after taking lisinopril 5mg+ isosorbide30mg + aspirin 160mg/day in the morning by evening to 100/50?
My doctor has prescribed lisinopril 5mg+isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+aspiring 160mg/day in the morning. I have been taking these drugs every day in the morning for controlling my BP for the last 3months. By evening my SBP and DBP dropped down to 100/50. After exercise the BP is further dropped to 98/ ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Clindamycin side effects blured vision
Lower back pain/pressure. Tired/weakness. Stomach cramps, headaches, chest hurt when swallowing food or drinking liquid. Vision blured in left eye. Its been two months off medication, all side effects gone, except blured vision in left eye.
- Excessive nose bleeding
I am experiencing excessive nose bleeds since taking xarelto. How common is this and is there a problem taking lisinopril and this drug?
- Ramipril apple cider vinegar and pvc's
I was taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar every morning for about 2 weeks and I had started getting what my doctor told me was PVC's (premature ventricular contracts) it felt like I was getting all choked up in my throat my heart would feel like it skips a beat and then my heart would race ri ...
- Vivid dreams caused severe depression
Horrible vivid dreams that were hard to decide if they were real or not when I work up. With recently getting divorced I was certainy husband was holding me taking care of me and everything was going to be all right. Reality hit hard once I realized it wasn't true and depression took me over in wa ...
- Lisinopril causes nerve damage (1 response)
I was taking lisinopril for high blood pressure and ended up with nerve damage to my toes and feet. These medications are extremely dangerous and doctors do not properly advise you of the side effects. When I informed my doctor about the side effects I was having from the lisinopril (numbness, sen ...
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 years ago):
From this study (5 years ago):
I was on 10 prescriptions. Doctor now wants me to start 11th Catapres
treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Related drug interaction studies:
- Lisinopril and Combigan drug interactions (59 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Combigan for Glaucoma reported by 39 people (updated 5 days ago)
- Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure reported by 4,272 people (updated 12 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Vision Blurred in Combigan reported by 82 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Vision Blurred in Lisinopril reported by 1,438 people (updated 1 day ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Vision Blurred in Glaucoma reported by 484 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure reported by 2,359 people (updated 12 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Glaucoma (23 drugs in 585 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
- High Blood Pressure (250 drugs in 23,557 reports) (updated 1 day ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.