Review: what could cause Blurred vision for a 80-year old man?
This is a personalized study of taking Combigan, Lisinopril for a 80 year old male patient who has Glaucoma, High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 13 male patients aged 80 (±5) who take the drugs from FDA and social media.
On Apr, 16, 2014: 13 males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan, Lisinopril are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Glaucoma, High blood pressure
- Combigan - 0.2%;0.5% (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Lisinopril - 10MG (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
Drug interactions have: severe vision blurred
Comments from or about the patient: treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs
|Vision Blurred||4 (30.77%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Vision Blurred in Glaucoma||40 (3.68%)|
|Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure||146 (0.75%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who take the drug
|Vision Blurred in Combigan||9 (7.96%)|
|Vision Blurred in Lisinopril||115 (1.24%)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Corneal Epithelium Defect|
Intraocular Pressure Increased
Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome
General Physical Health Deterioration
Urine Colour Abnormal
Urine Output Decreased
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
- Lisinopril and Combigan drug interactions (56 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Combigan for Glaucoma reported by 43 people (updated 8 hours ago)
- Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure reported by 4,048 people (updated 3 minutes ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Vision Blurred in Combigan reported by 81 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Vision Blurred in Lisinopril reported by 1,436 people (updated 2 days ago)
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Vision Blurred in Glaucoma reported by 448 people (updated 4 weeks ago)
- Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure reported by 2,591 people (updated 4 weeks ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Glaucoma (20 drugs in 509 reports) (updated 2 days ago)
- High Blood Pressure (238 drugs in 22,334 reports) (updated 18 hours ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
I was on 10 prescriptions. Doctor now wants me to start 11th Catapres
treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Why my systolic and diatstolic bp decease to 100/50 in the evening after taking lisinopril 5mg+ isosorbide30mg + aspirin 160mg/day in the morning by evening to 100/50?
My doctor has prescribed lisinopril 5mg+isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+aspiring 160mg/day in the morning. I have been taking these drugs every day in the morning for controlling my BP for the last 3months. By evening my SBP and DBP dropped down to 100/50. After exercise the BP is further dropped to 98/ ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- Fibroids and prednizone
I have asthma and about once a year it needs to be treated with prednisone. I am 55 years old and my periods had stopped until I started prednizone. I have very large fibroids and also had a embolization. Once I started taking prednisone my periods returned once I stop taking it my period stop ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin Hydrochloride, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Combigan, Catapres for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Adhd, High Blood Pressure, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Glaucoma, High Arch.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Carvedilol for a 56-year old man who has Cardiac Disorder
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Lexapro, Activella for a 54-year old woman who has Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Comparions of L-theanine, Lisinopril for a 39-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.