What could cause Blurred vision for a 80-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 80 year old male patient who has Glaucoma, High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13 male patients aged 80 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Combigan (latest outcomes from 1,285 users) has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma.
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,102 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
What are the conditions
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) (latest reports from 64,247 patients) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol Maleate, Travatan Z, Cosopt, Travatan.
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,150,351 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc, Diovan.
What is the symptom
Vision Blurred (latest reports from 311,095 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 13 males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan, Lisinopril are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Glaucoma, High blood pressure
- Combigan - 0.2%;0.5% (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Lisinopril - 10MG (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
Drug interactions have: severe vision blurred
Comments from or about the patient: treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred||4 (30.77% of males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred in Glaucoma||40 (3.66% of males aged 76 (±5) who have Glaucoma)|
|Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure||146 (0.75% of males aged 76 (±5) who have High blood pressure)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Vision Blurred in Combigan||9 (7.96% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan)|
|Vision Blurred in Lisinopril||115 (1.23% of males aged 76 (±5) who take Lisinopril)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Corneal Epithelium Defect||Vision Blurred||Eye Swelling||n/a||Vision Blurred||n/a||n/a||Headache|
|Intraocular Pressure Increased||Lacrimation Increased||General Physical Health Deterioration|
|Corneal Pigmentation||Drug Ineffective||Hyperhidrosis|
|Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome||Pruritus|
|Keratitis Bacterial||Visual Impairment|
|Urine Colour Abnormal|
|Urine Output Decreased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Combigan and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred and Glaucoma
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred and High blood pressure
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Combigan
- support group for people who take Lisinopril
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why my systolic and diatstolic bp decease to 100/50 in the evening after taking lisinopril 5mg+ isosorbide30mg + aspirin 160mg/day in the morning by evening to 100/50?
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Zocor, Aspirin, Lisinopril)
My doctor has prescribed lisinopril 5mg+isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+aspiring 160mg/day in the morning. I have been taking these drugs every day in the morning for controlling my BP for the last 3months. By evening my SBP and DBP dropped down to 100/50. After exercise the BP is further dropped to 98/ ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
Related drug interaction studies:
- Lisinopril and Combigan drug interactions (59 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Combigan for Glaucoma reported by 38 people (updated 1 hour ago)
- Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure reported by 4,105 people (updated 3 hours ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Vision Blurred in Combigan reported by 82 people (updated 1 day ago)
- Vision Blurred in Lisinopril reported by 1,438 people (updated 1 day ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Vision Blurred in Glaucoma reported by 484 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure reported by 2,599 people (updated 2 days ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Glaucoma (22 drugs in 562 reports) (updated 1 hour ago)
- High Blood Pressure (243 drugs in 22,760 reports) (updated 10 hours ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Lantus for a patient with Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes. The patient has Auricular Swelling
Comments: Retinitis started shortly after starting Humulin in addition to the Lantus(approx. 5 years ago.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Lisinopril for a patient with Nephropathy - Iga. The patient has Toothache
Comments: My tooth is aching and I want to know if it has to do with my high blood pressure or my medications
Common symptoms:Men of age 60+ with Glaucoma:
- Intraocular pressure increased (241 reports)
- Eye irritation (194 reports)
- Visual acuity reduced (157 reports)
- Headache (149 reports)
- Dizziness (141 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (125 reports)
- Weakness (124 reports)
- Ocular hyperaemia (124 reports)
- Vision blurred (123 reports)
- Eye pain (120 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.