What could cause Blurred vision for a 80-year old man?
This is a personalized study for a 80 year old male patient who has Glaucoma, High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13 male patients aged 80 (±5) who take the same drugs from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Combigan (latest outcomes from 1,283 users) has active ingredients of brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate. It is often used in glaucoma.
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 99,013 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
What are the conditions
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) (latest reports from 63,876 patients) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol Maleate, Cosopt, Travatan Z, Travatan.
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,163,649 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc.
What is the symptom
Vision blurred (latest reports from 310,811 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Jul, 23, 2014: 13 males aged 76 (±5) who take Combigan, Lisinopril are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Glaucoma, High blood pressure
- Combigan - 0.2%;0.5% (brimonidine tartrate; timolol maleate): used for 1 - 6 months
- Lisinopril - 10MG (lisinopril): used for 2 - 5 years
Drug interactions have: severe vision blurred
Comments from or about the patient: treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Reply the comment
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who take the drugs
|Vision Blurred||4 (30.77%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom (click a symptom for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Vision Blurred in Glaucoma||40 (3.67%)|
|Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure||146 (0.75%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Side effect (click a side effect for in-depth analysis)||Number of reports |
among males aged 76 (±5) who take the same drug
|Vision Blurred in Combigan||9 (7.96%)|
|Vision Blurred in Lisinopril||115 (1.24%)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Corneal Epithelium Defect||Vision Blurred||Eye Swelling||n/a||Vision Blurred||n/a||n/a||Headache|
|Intraocular Pressure Increased||Lacrimation Increased||General Physical Health Deterioration|
|Corneal Pigmentation||Drug Ineffective||Hyperhidrosis|
|Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome||Pruritus|
|Keratitis Bacterial||Visual Impairment|
|Urine Colour Abnormal|
|Urine Output Decreased|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Combigan and have Vision Blurred
- group for people who take Lisinopril and have Vision Blurred
- group for people who have Vision Blurred and Glaucoma
- group for people who have Vision Blurred and High blood pressure
- group for people who have Glaucoma
- group for people who have High Blood Pressure
- group for people who have Vision Blurred
- group for people who take Combigan
- group for people who take Lisinopril
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (4 years ago):
I was on 10 prescriptions. Doctor now wants me to start 11th Catapres
treatment by eye drops for uncontrolled glaucoma vision increasingly blured sine taking combigan 2 months ago
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Why my systolic and diatstolic bp decease to 100/50 in the evening after taking lisinopril 5mg+ isosorbide30mg + aspirin 160mg/day in the morning by evening to 100/50?
My doctor has prescribed lisinopril 5mg+isosorbide mononitrate 30mg+aspiring 160mg/day in the morning. I have been taking these drugs every day in the morning for controlling my BP for the last 3months. By evening my SBP and DBP dropped down to 100/50. After exercise the BP is further dropped to 98/ ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lisinopril and eyelid irritation
I have been taking Lisinopril for over 1 year. My eyelids started swelling and became very red, itching and swollen. I tried home remedies for allergies but nothing helped. My physician thinks I was having a reaction from Lisinopril. She changed my blood pressure medicine for the next 6 weeks. ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Lisinopril and Combigan drug interactions (59 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Combigan for Glaucoma reported by 37 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Lisinopril for High Blood Pressure reported by 4,237 people (updated 16 minutes ago)
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Vision Blurred in Combigan reported by 82 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
- Vision Blurred in Lisinopril reported by 1,437 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
In-depth study of symptoms:
- Vision Blurred in Glaucoma reported by 484 people (updated 3 weeks ago)
- Vision Blurred in High Blood Pressure reported by 2,597 people (updated 2 weeks ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Glaucoma (21 drugs in 545 reports) (updated 6 days ago)
- High Blood Pressure (243 drugs in 23,482 reports) (updated 18 hours ago)
Drugs associated with:
Conditions associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.