Focalin Xr, Neurontin for a 27-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 27 year old female patient who has ADHD, Fibromyalgia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Focalin xr (latest outcomes from 877 users) has active ingredients of dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,761 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
What are the conditions
Adhd (adhd-mental disorders that develop in children) can be treated by Vyvanse, Concerta, Adderall 20, Adderall 30, Ritalin, Adderall Xr 30. (view latest reports from 34,511 patients)
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Flexeril, Neurontin. (view latest reports from 24,072 patients)
On Nov, 15, 2014: 0 female aged 24 (±5) who take Focalin Xr, Neurontin is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: ADHD, Fibromyalgia
- Focalin Xr - 20MG (dexmethylphenidate hydrochloride): used for 1 - 6 months
- Neurontin - 400MG (gabapentin): used for 1 - 6 months
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have ADHD
- support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
- support group for people who take Focalin Xr
- support group for people who take Neurontin
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Fibromyalgia
Welcome Gigi and everyone! Anyone have any input on what makes living with Fibromyalgia more bearable?
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can left side flank pain be caused by endometriosis?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Endometriosis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Interstitial Cystitis, and takes Gabapentin, Naproxen, Cymbalta, Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Lorazepam, Lidoderm)
I was treated for cyst fluid removal & my appendix removal with surgery two years ago. That's when stage 2 endometriosis was found & removed. I am experiencing horrible pain in my back left flank area & in my lower stomach. I was treated for a kidney infection 1 month ago, but symptoms increased whi ...
- Can gabenpentin induce lupus
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who takes Gabapentin, Morphine Sulfate, Oxycodone)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Cough and gabapentin
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Chronic Cough, and takes Gabapentin)
Have chronic cough for 6 yr's at least.3 yr's ago it got bad enough to seek doc. Help. Took all the tests . Tried to tell me I had asthma,copd, ect. Put me on sprivia, symbicort, singular, helped a little for awhile. Long story short. Went to one doc. He asked me some questions about my cough. Figu ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Oral Candidiasis, and takes Fluoxetine, Baclofen, Gabapentin)
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
Related drug interaction studies:
- Focalin Xr and Neurontin drug interactions (20 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Focalin Xr for ADHD reported by 267 people (updated 20 hours ago)
- Neurontin for Fibromyalgia reported by 91 people (updated 1 week ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- Adhd (72 drugs in 10,954 reports) (updated 20 hours ago)
- Fibromyalgia (95 drugs in 2,780 reports) (updated 10 hours ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Back Pain - Low
Comments: I have been taking gabapentin for 11months and the dose has been gradually increased to 3 x 300mg 4 times a day. Over the last month I have started to get pain in my upper left side of my back which radiates to the left side. I am concerned this may be causing harm to my pancreas.
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Baclofen for a patient with Nerve Injury, Pain - Back. The patient has Inability To Speak, Tongue Spasm
Comments: Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a patient with Nerve Pain. The patient has Seizure - Generalized (a seizure involving the entire body)
Comments: My husband has started having this crazy symptoms since they used his medicine. It started with just these seizures only at night now he has tics and outbursts. It's like his brain stops and restarts what's going on?
Common symptoms:Women of age 20-29 with Adhd:
- Stress and anxiety (146 reports)
- Fatigue (137 reports)
- Nausea (129 reports)
- Headache (126 reports)
- Dizziness (96 reports)
- Depression (92 reports)
- Insomnia (87 reports)
- Pain (70 reports)
- Drowsiness (69 reports)
- Feeling abnormal (66 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.