Side effects of Losartan - 50MG for a Female patient aged 87
This is a personalized study of Losartan - 50MG side effects for a 87 year old female patient who has High blood pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 2,720 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What is the drug
Losartan - 50mg has active ingredients of losartan potassium.
On Apr, 28, 2013: 2,720 females aged 85 (±5) who reported to have side effects when taking Losartan - 50MG are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: High blood pressure
- Losartan - 50MG (losartan potassium)
Side effects have: severe short term memory
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Side effect||Number of reports |
among females aged 85 (±5) who take the drug
|Short Term Memory||0 (0.00%)|
(as an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea)
|Symptom||Number of reports |
among females aged 85 (±5) who have the condition, regardless of which drug is taken
|Short Term Memory in High Blood Pressure||0 (0.00%)|
Most common side effects experienced by females aged 85 (±5) in the use of Losartan - 50MG:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Side effect||Number of reports|
|10||Cardiac Failure Congestive||101|
Most common side effects experienced by females aged 85 (±5) in long term use of Losartan - 50MG:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Side effect||Number of reports|
|10||Renal Failure Acute||6|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: study your drugs
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment or see what 326 people said
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
- High Blood Pressure (228 drugs) (updated 7 hours ago)
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
From this study (3 days ago):
From this study (4 days ago):
From this study (5 days ago):
From this study (6 days ago):
I have had larnygitis now for almost two months now and since two of my meds are new. The atorvast and the amlodipine are the newest, I am curious of one or both of these two medications could be a contrubuting factor for the larnygitis since nothing has cleared it up and I have seen a ENT how performed the scope test where she went into my nose and found nothing
don't feel well, urinate infrequently
About once a week or every two weeks, I have had a severe case of diarrhea after going on Losartan. This appears to be a side effect. Can I attribute this to the drug?
Does any of the drugs mentioned above cause nasal congestion?
I'm still having shortness of breath and was wondering could I be having long term reaction to the diprivan? I had a severe a bad reaction after a colonscopy. A bad asthma attack,my throat swelled shut, hives> I aspirated during surgery and inned up in hospital for 8 days with bacterial pneumonia. Didn't if the breathing problems Im having going up and down the stairs or any thing strengthous could be related?
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
- Cozaar (Merck) - 25MG, Benicar Hct drug interactions for Blood Pressure. The patient has Conpare Outcome For Giving Cozaar To Benicar
- Hazol, Diatex, Crestor, Femara, Cozaar, Aspirin drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal, Myalgia
- Amaryl, Aspirin, Isosorbide, Nexium, Cozaar drug interactions for Hypertension. The patient has Asthenia, Headache, Heart Rate Decreased, Hyperchlorhydria, Inappropriate Schedule Of Drug Administration, Nausea
- Lucentis, Warfarin Sodium, Cozaar, Norvasc, Metoprolol, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide drug interactions for Macular Degeneration, Product Used For Unknown Indication. The patient has Cholecystitis, Headache, Thrombosis
- Losartan Potassium (Lek Pharms) - 25MG side effects for High Blood Pressure. The patient has Vulval Lichen Sclerosis Et Atrophicus
- Ferrous Sulfate, Crestor, Cozaar, Lialda, Winrho Sdf Liquid drug interactions for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Arthralgia, Chills, Infusion Related Reaction, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Pain In Extremity, Pyrexia
- Aspirin, Crestor (Ipr) - 20MG, Metformin Hydrochloride (Andrx Pharms) - 500MG, Losartan (Teva Pharms) - 50MG, Victoza (Novo Nordisk Inc) - 18MG/3ML (6MG/ML) drug interactions for Coronary Artery Disease, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
- Crestor, Boniva, Norvasc, Cozaar drug interactions for Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Myalgia, Pain In Extremity
- Hyzaar, Cozaar, Evista, Crestor drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Blood Cholesterol Increased, Drug Dose Omission
- Crestor, Toprol-xl, Plavix, Norvasc, Cozaar, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Tenormin, Water Pill drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Incorrect Dose Administered, Increased Tendency To Bruise
- Retinavites, Cozaar, Spironolactone, Sotalol, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lecithin, Centrum Silver, Vitamin D, Pravastatin, Vytorin, Zetia, Aspirin, Vitamins, Crestor drug interactions for Macular Degeneration, Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Fatigue, Feeling Abnormal, Hepatic Cyst, Mobility Decreased, Muscular Weakness, Myalgia, Pain
- M.v.i., Crestor, Citracal With Vitamin D, Cozaar, Potassium Chloride, Furosemide, Sertraline, Levoxyl, Sotalol, Symbicort, Alprazolam drug interactions for Hypertension, Mineral Supplementation, Oedema, Depression, Thyroid Disorder, Heart Rate Irregular, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Anxiety. The patient has Abdominal Distension, Diarrhoea, Eye Pain, Nausea
- Actemra, Plaquenil, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E, Lasix, Cozaar, Voltaren drug interactions for Swelling, Blood Pressure, Inflammation, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Asthenia, Back Pain, Blood Pressure Increased, Fall, Lower Limb Fracture, Neuralgia, Oedema Peripheral, Weight Increased
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Fosamax, Risedronate Sodium, Losartan Potassium drug interactions for Product Used For Unknown Indication, Hypertension. The patient has Arthralgia, Balance Disorder, Condition Aggravated, Dizziness, Dyspnoea, Fear, Heart Rate Increased, Heart Rate Irregular, Hypertension, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Judgement Impaired, Palpitations, Panic Attack, Reflexes Abnormal, Syncope
- Atenolol (Mylan) - 25MG, Simvastatin, Hytrin (Abbott) - EQ 10MG BASE, Losartan (Teva Pharms) - 25MG, Omeprazole (Andrx Pharms) - 40MG, HCTZ, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG drug interactions for Hypertension, Cholesterol, Hypertrophy, Reflux Gastritis, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Oral Lichen Planus
- Aromasin, Peridex, Premarin, Celexa, Neurontin, Erythromycin, Sinequan, Prilosec, Aspirin, Nexium, Cymbalta, Aricept, Levothyroxine, Cardizem, Clonazepam, Pepcid, Lovenox, Zofran, Vasotec, Restoril, Procardia, Ceftin, Anzemet, Adalat, Zometa, Aredia drug interactions for Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Abscess Drainage, Abscess Jaw, Angina Pectoris, Anxiety, Arthralgia, Asthenia, Back Pain, Benign Colonic Neoplasm, Bladder Cancer Recurrent, Bladder Catheterisation, Blood Pressure Increased, Bone Debridement, Bone Disorder, Bone Operation, Breast Lump Removal, Bronchitis, Bursitis, Cardiomegaly, Carotid Artery Stenosis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cataract, Cataract Operation, Chest Pain, Chills, Confusional State, Deformity, Diabetes Mellitus, Diarrhoea, Disorientation, Diverticulum Intestinal, Dizziness, Dyspnoea Exertional, Emotional Distress, Eyelid Ptosis, Fall, Fatigue, Femur Fracture, Gait Disturbance, Gingival Bleeding, Glaucoma, Hip Fracture, Hypercalcaemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Hyperparathyroidism, Hypophagia, Impaired Healing, Injury, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Malaise, Mental Status Changes, Neoplasm Malignant, Osteomyelitis, Osteonecrosis Of Jaw, Osteopenia, Pain, Pain In Extremity, Pollakiuria, Poor Quality Sleep, Purulent Discharge, Pyrexia, Radiculopathy, Rectal Haemorrhage, Rotator Cuff Syndrome, Sequestrectomy, Speech Disorder, Spinal Column Stenosis, Spinal Haemangioma, Spinal Osteoarthritis, Swelling, Tooth Extraction, Transient Ischaemic Attack, Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infection, Urine Odour Abnormal, Urosepsis, Uterine Cancer
- K-tab, Dexamethasone, Glipizide, Finasteride, Gemfibrozil, Pravastatin, Lantus, Cozaar, Revlimid drug interactions for Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Malignant Neoplasm Progression
- Dexamethasone, Arixtra, Xeloda, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Ranitidine, Revlimid drug interactions for Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Anxiety, Compression Fracture, Diarrhoea, Diastolic Dysfunction, Pneumonitis, Venous Thrombosis
- Cozaar, Norvasc, Furosemide, Metformin, Plavix, Pravastatin, Metoprolol, Glipizide, Aspirin, Multi-vitamin, Cymbalta drug interactions for Anxiety. The patient has Carotid Artery Occlusion, Cerebrovascular Accident, Hemiplegia
- Revlimid, Decadron, Procrit, Losartan Potassium, Zofran, Hydrochlorothiazide, Aspirin, Flonase drug interactions for Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Diverticulitis, No Therapeutic Response, Pancytopenia, Refusal Of Treatment By Patient
- Losartan Potassium 100 Mg Tab side effects for Hypertension. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Drug Ineffective, Product Substitution Issue
- Victoza, Gabapentin, Cozaar, Aspirin, Flomax drug interactions for Product Used For Unknown Indication, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Cholelithiasis, Nausea, Pancreatitis Acute, Weight Decreased
- Cellcept, Prednisone, Cozaar, Protonix, Aspirin, Carafate, Prograf drug interactions for Renal Transplant. The patient has Bile Duct Stone, Hepatitis, Liver Injury
- Forteo, Prednisone, Folic Acid, Allopurinol, Maxzide, Cozaar, Gabapentin, Thyroid Therapy, Vitamin D, Centrum Silver, Aspirin, Calcium 600 Plus Vitamin D, Imodium A-d, Tramadol drug interactions for Osteoporosis, Antidiarrhoeal Supportive Care, Pain. The patient has Fracture Nonunion, Intentional Drug Misuse, Medication Error, Off Label Use
- Effexor, Cozaar, Dabigatran Etexilate drug interactions for Depression, Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Embolism Arterial
- Platelets, Blood Transfusion, Glimepiride, Atenolol, Hyzaar, Losartan Potassium, Tricor, Lipitor, Lantus, Promacta drug interactions for Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Anaemia, Chronic Gastrointestinal Bleeding, Drug Ineffective, Gastrointestinal Disorder, Haematochezia
- Coumadin, Questran, Vancomycin Hcl, Cozaar, Lipitor drug interactions for Product Used For Unknown Indication, Clostridium Difficile Colitis. The patient has Drug Interaction, International Normalised Ratio Increased
- Aldactazine, Lormetazepam, Paracetamol, Macrogol, Allopurinol, Ranitidine, Amiodarone, Losartan Potassium, Ol-amine, Diclofenac, Codeine Phosphate And Acetaminophen, Zoledronic Acid, Bisacodyl, Zolpidem, Sunitinib Malate drug interactions for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. The patient has Blood Fibrinogen Decreased, Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation, Hyperbilirubinaemia, Hypercreatininaemia, Hyperuricaemia, International Normalised Ratio Increased, Oliguria, Renal Failure, Thrombocytopenia
- Spiriva, Cozaar, Bumetanide, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Omeprazole, Paxil, Carvedilol drug interactions for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Cardiac Failure Congestive, Fluid Retention, Prophylaxis, Gastric Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Blood Cholesterol Increased, Cardiac Disorder, Dyspnoea
- Cozaar, Losartan Potassium, Synthroid drug interactions for Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Drug Ineffective
- Klonopin, Omeprazole, Byetta, Glucophage, Celexa, Lopid, Enteric Aspirin, Vytorin, Cozaar, Lorcet-hd, Neurontin, Skelaxin, Lasix, Claritin, Buspar, Ultram, Coreg, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Allopurinol, Paxil, Zetia, Zocor, Albuterol, Maxzide drug interactions for Pain, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypertension, Anxiety, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Fluid Retention, Seasonal Allergy, Gout, Depression, Asthma. The patient has Acquired Diaphragmatic Eventration, Anaemia, Cardiac Disorder, Cholecystitis Chronic, Flank Pain, Nausea, Nephrolithiasis, Pancreatitis, Renal Colic, Renal Failure, Vomiting
- Etizolam, Sennoside, Mecobalamin, Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate, Digoxin, Isosorbide Dinitrate, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Gentamicin Sulfate, Triamcinolone Acetonide, Acetaminophen, Famvir drug interactions for Herpes Zoster. The patient has Anaemia, Atrial Natriuretic Peptide Increased, Brain Natriuretic Peptide Increased, Cardio-respiratory Arrest, Haemodialysis, Nausea, Platelet Count Decreased, Pyrexia, Red Blood Cell Count Decreased, Renal Failure Acute, Resuscitation, Scleroderma, White Blood Cell Count Decreased
- Calgrate, Pradaxa, Losartan Potassium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Omeprazole, Carvedilol, Digoxin, Lipitor, Furosemide drug interactions for Prophylaxis, Atrial Fibrillation, Hypertension, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Cardiac Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Dizziness
- Dinalproex Sod, Spiriva, Tenormin, Aldactone, Cozaar, Depakote, Lexapro, Ranitidine, Mirapex, Aspirin, Albuterol drug interactions for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Emphysema, Hypertension, Bipolar Disorder, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Restless Legs Syndrome, Prophylaxis. The patient has Choking, Cough, Dry Mouth, Dysphonia
- Kardegic, Ikorel, Procoralan, Tahor, Amlor, Clopidogrel Besylate, Metoprolol, Cozaar, Zetia drug interactions for Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension. The patient has Diabetic Complication, Pancreatitis Acute
- Metoprolol Succinate, Dianeal, Allopurinol, Amlodipine, Calcium Carbonate, Cellcept, Cozaar, Epogen, Gentamicin, Lisinopril, Magnesium, Omeprazole, Prednisone, Protein Supplements, Sensipar, Warfarin Sodium, Feraheme drug interactions for Peritoneal Dialysis, Product Used For Unknown Indication, Prophylaxis Against Transplant Rejection. The patient has Abdominal Distension, Chest Pain, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Dyspnoea, Pain, Pulmonary Embolism, Wound Infection
- Allopurinol, Cozaar, Crestor, Neurontin, Zometa, Diltiazem Hcl, Coumadin, Treanda, Bortezomib, Dexamethasone drug interactions for Prophylaxis, Hypertension, Hypercholesterolaemia, Neuropathy Peripheral, Osteoporosis, Atrial Fibrillation, Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Cardiac Arrest
- Bufferin, Glucophage, Monopril, Atenolol, Procardia, Singulair, Cozaar, Klonopin, Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin B-12, Coq10, Qvar 40, Pravachol drug interactions for Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Weight Decreased
- Euro-fer, Percocet, Avapro, Folic Acid, Leflunomide, Prednisone, Cozaar, Vitamin D, C-vitamin, Calcium, Multi-vitamin, Forteo drug interactions for Osteoporosis. The patient has Arthralgia, Blood Potassium Decreased, Device Issue, Diarrhoea, Fatigue, Gait Disturbance, Knee Arthroplasty, Nausea, Oedema Peripheral, Pain In Extremity, Vomiting, Weight Decreased
- Glibenclamide, Metoprolol, Losartan Potassium, Acetylsalicyilic Acid, Benicar Hct, Lipitor drug interactions for Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia. The patient has Abdominal Distension, Acute Abdomen, Appendicitis, Cardiomegaly, Hyperhidrosis, Ischaemic Cardiomyopathy
- Copaxone, Flexeril, Losartan Potassium, Furosemide, Nexium, Baclofen, Oxycodone, Terazosin, Hydroxyzine, Ambien, Lyrica drug interactions for Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Hydrochlorothiazide, Cozaar, Salagen, Lacrisert, Fosamax, Provera, Premarin, Medroxyprogesterone drug interactions for Hypertension, Sjogren's Syndrome, Dry Eye, Osteoporosis, Hormone Replacement Therapy. The patient has Breast Cancer, Oestrogen Receptor Assay Positive, Progesterone Receptor Assay Positive
- Ventolin, Combivent, Albuterol, Bumetanide, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Vitamins, Advair, Digoxin, Amiodarone, Cozaar, Nitroglycerin drug interactions for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Product Used For Unknown Indication, Heart Rate Increased. The patient has Dyspnoea, Heart Rate Increased, Ill-defined Disorder, Overdose
- Cozaar (Merck) - 50MG side effects for Blood Pressure. The patient has Benztropine Mesylate
- Corzem, Tropocer, Daflom, Sulodexide, Aclasta, Rostal, Cozaar, Cilostazol drug interactions for Osteoporosis, Anxiety. The patient has Hypertension, Medical Device Removal, Oedema Peripheral, Surgery
- Frontal, Tylex, Miosan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Cozaar, Simvastatin, Alendronate Sodium drug interactions for Sleep Disorder, Pain, Muscle Disorder, Bone Pain, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol, Osteopenia. The patient has Hip Fracture, Hypertension, Insomnia, Lumbar Spine Flattening, Medical Device Change, Medical Device Implantation, Muscle Contracture, Myalgia, Off Label Use, Osteoporosis, Spinal Column Injury, Stress
- Oxcarbazepine (Glenmark Generics) - 150MG, Simvastatin (Ivax Pharms) - 10MG, Nexium (Astrazeneca) - EQ 40MG BASE, Cymbalta (Lilly) - EQ 60MG BASE, Losartan (Teva Pharms) - 100MG, Lunesta (Sepracor) - 3MG, Alprazolam (Dava Intl Inc) - 0.25MG, Ibuprofen (Par Pharm) - 600MG, Fentanyl-25 (Watson Labs) - 25UGM/HR, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen (Vintage Pharms) - 500MG;5MG drug interactions for Neuropathic Pain, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Hypertension, Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Sciatica
- Coumadin (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 5MG, Lipitor (Pfizer) - EQ 20MG BASE, Urocit-k (Mission Pharma) - 10MEQ, Cozaar (Merck) - 100MG, Niaspan (Abbott) - 1GM, Metoprolol Succinate (Sandoz) - EQ 100MG TARTRATE, Colcrys (Mutual Pharma) - 0.6MG, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Vitamins drug interactions for Aortic Valve Replacement, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Stones - Kidney, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Pericarditis, Aortic Valve Stenosis, Nutritional Support. The patient has Hdl/cholesterol Ratio Decreased, Blood Triglycerides Increased, Blood Glucose Increased, Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Vitamin D
- Altace, Cozaar drug interactions for Hypertension. The patient has Cough, Headache
- Zarator, Losartan Potassium drug interactions for Cerebrovascular Accident Prophylaxis, Hypertension. The patient has Ecchymosis, Spontaneous Haematoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Could Fibromyalgia cause Hepatic vein obstruction?
- Could Cancer pain cause Hepatic vein obstruction?
- Latest Acetaminophen outcomes in real world
- Could Pain cause Iron metabolism disorder?
- Is my drug associated with Pneumonitis?
- Could Levaquin cause Blood Urea Increased?
- Could Pneumonitis cause Blood Urea Increased?
- Is my drug associated with Blood Urea Increased?
- Could Levaquin cause Blood Creatinine Increased?
- Could Pneumonitis cause Blood Creatinine Increased?