5 HTP vs Melatonin for a male patient aged 16
Summary: 112 male patients aged 16 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of 5 HTP vs Melatonin for a male aged 16. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
5 htp (latest outcomes from 89 users) has active ingredients of 5 - htp. It is often used in depression.
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,696 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
On Apr, 28, 2015: 114 male patients aged 14 who take the same drugs are studied in 5 HTP vs Melatonin
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|5 HTP||5 - htp||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 14 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Anion Gap Increased|
|Multiple Drug Overdose|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Anion Gap Increased|
|Low Blood Pressure|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- 5 Htp for Sleeplessness reported by 3 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Melatonin for Sleeplessness reported by 279 people (updated 22 hours ago)
- Sleeplessness (102 drugs in 7,112 reports) (updated 12 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, 5 Htp (5 - htp) is often used to treat depression. Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- 5 htp is used in:
- Melatonin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- 5 htp alternatives:
- Melatonin alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Melatonin, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a 85-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Klonopin for a 48-year old woman who has Heart Pounding Or Racing
- Comparions of Melatonin for a 68-year old woman who has Confusional State
- Comparions of Melatonin, Adderall 20 for a 29-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Abilify, Melatonin for a 60-year old man who has Insomnia
- Comparions of Marijuana, Melatonin for a 20-year old man who has Needed To See For Myself
- Comparions of Melatonin, Rebif for a 44-year old woman who has MS
- Comparions of Melatonin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zopiclone for a 78-year old man who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of 5-Hydroxy Tryptophan, Tri-sprintec for a 27-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of L-tyrosine, 5 HTP, GABA for a 30-year old woman who has Wellbutrin
- Comparions of Melatonin, Pradaxa for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Melatonin, Advil for a 62-year old woman who has Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- Comparions of Concerta, Melatonin for a 12-year old boy who has Insomnia Concerns
- Comparions of Metformin, Coreg, Pravastatin Sodium, Melatonin, Omeprazole Magnesium for a 51-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Claritin-d 24 Hour, Doxylamine Succinate, Melatonin, Ibuprofen for a 14-year old girl who has ART
- Comparions of Melatonin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression - Chronic
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Melatonin, Baclofen, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a 44-year old man who has Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Melatonin, Concerta for a 23-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Melatonin, Tysabri for a 40-year old man who has Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Comparions of Melatonin, Zyrtec, Lexapro, Intuniv, Concerta for a 11-year old boy who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Melatonin, Rituxan for a 42-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type
- Comparions of Buspar (Bristol Myers Squibb) - 15MG, 5-hydroxy L-tryptophan, Gabapentin (Actavis Elizabeth) - 800MG, Celexa (Forest Labs) - EQ 20MG BASE for a 53-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Benadryl (Mcneil Cons) - 12.5MG/5ML, Remeron, Ambien, Melatonin, Temazepam for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Indole 3 Carbinol, Gamma Oryzanol, Chasteberry, Advil for a 54-year old woman who has Menopause
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate (Roxane) - 0.05MG/SPRAY, Melatonin for a 60-year old man who has Sleep Issues
- Comparions of Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy (Contract Pharma) - 10MG, Melatonin, Remeron (Organon Usa Inc) - 30MG, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride (Osmotica Pharm) - EQ 37.5MG BASE, Cannabis for a 19-year old boy who has Depression
- Comparions of Cialis (Lilly) - 20MG, Melatonin for a 76-year old man who has ED
- Comparions of Melatonin, Benadryl (Mcneil Cons) - 50MG, Minipress (Pfizer) - EQ 5MG BASE for a 21-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Melatonin, Rosuvastatin Calcium (Mylan Pharma) - 10MG, Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG for a 64-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Melatonin, Warfarin Sodium (Barr) - 10MG for a 57-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Melatonin, Mirtazapine (Roxane) - 30MG, Trazodone Hydrochloride (Usl Pharma) - 50MG, Zopiclone for a 63-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of 5 HTP, Lamotrigine (Teva) - 200MG for a 23-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Magnesium Oxide, Melatonin, Allegra Allergy (Sanofi Aventis Us) - 180MG, Pantoprazole Sodium (Torrent Pharms) - 40MG, Singulair (Merck) - EQ 10MG BASE for a 58-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride (Sandoz) - 10MG, 5 - Htp for a 53-year old woman who has Arthritis Enteropathic
- Comparions of EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester, 5 - Htp, Propranolol Hydrochloride (Mutual Pharm) - 40MG for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Sprintec, Melatonin, Phentermine, Synthroid (Abbott) - 0.2MG for a 25-year old woman who has Curious
- Comparions of Concerta (Ortho Mcneil Janssen) - 36MG, Melatonin for a 10-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Clonazepam (Teva) - 0.5MG, Melatonin, Mirapex (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 1.5MG for a 63-year old woman who has Sleep Disorder
- Comparions of Cymbalta (Eli Lilly) - 60MG, 5-hydroxytryptophan for a 49-year old woman who has Depression - Major
- Comparions of Lamictal (Glaxosmithkline) - 100MG, Melatonin for a 12-year old girl who has Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Comparions of Lithium Carbonate (Pfizer) - 300MG, 5HTP for a 35-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Lamictal (Glaxosmithkline) - 200MG, 5 HTP for a 70-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of 5-hydroxytryptophan, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine for a 38-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.