Methimazole, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 46-year old womanTwitter Facebook Print
This is a personalized study for a 46 year old female patient who has Graves disease. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Methimazole (latest outcomes from 1,676 users) has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism.
Doxycycline hyclate (latest outcomes from 2,398 users) has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne.
What are the conditions
Graves disease (disease of the thyroid enlargement twice or more) (latest reports from 306 patients) can be treated by Methimazole, Synthroid, Levothyroxine Sodium, Tapazole, Propylthiouracil, Propranolol Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 17, 2014: 0 female aged 42 (±5) who take Methimazole, Doxycycline Hyclate is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Graves disease
- Methimazole - 5MG (methimazole): used for 1 - 6 months
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports on eHealthMe|
|Doxycycline Hyclate||0 (0% of females aged 42 (±5) who take the drugs)|
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Graves Disease
- support group for people who take Doxycycline Hyclate
- support group for people who take Methimazole
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, Depression, Graves Disease, and takes Wellbutrin Xl, Diovan, Adderall 15, Estradiol, Vitamin D, Levoxyl)
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Why is my left ankle swelling? my doctor says it is from the graves disease
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Graves Disease, and takes Methimazole, Atenolol)
HELP! my doctor took me off of my beta blockers and now my left ankle is swelling again? She says it is just my thyroid receptors. I don't think its that clear cut
- I was treated for overactive thyroid with methimazole, thyroid levels now lowered was directed to stop methimazole, have been off methimazole now for 3 weeks, but my blood pressure is still 224/117
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Hyperthyroidism, Hypertension, and takes Methimazole, Inderal, Lisinopril, Clonidine, Ativan, Celexa)
I was recently diagnosed with overactive thyroid, no nodules or cancer, I had all the symptoms that you could have. Heart palpitations, high blood pressure,hand tremors, anxiety, wgt loss, muscle aches, weak legs and diarrhea. I was treated with methimazole for the overactive thyroid and inderal for ...
- Are graves disease and ankle swelling/pain related
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Graves Disease)
Severe ankle pain, ankle swelling, difficulty standing for long periods, worse at night. Both ankles, 2nd knee pain
- Quality of life with graves' disease
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Graves' Disease, Type 1 Diabetes, GERD, and takes Apidra, Methimazole, Dexilant, Vitamin D, Selenium)
After contracting a virus I experienced a "shut down" of my entire GI tract for greater than 4 months, then converted to Type 1 Diabetes (GAD-65 positive), also was found to be positive for Lyme Disease and was treated, then December 2012 was dx'd with Graves' Disease and most recently, my gall blad ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Synthroid diuretic effect
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Graves Disease, and takes Vitamin A Solubilized)
When I take my one pill I wait one hr. before eating and befoe time is up I'm in the bathroom voiding. The amount is large.
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Methimazole for Graves Disease reported by 66 people (updated 15 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
Methimazole side effects reported by 1,478 people (updated 3 weeks ago)
Methimazole side effects reported by 1,478 people (updated 3 weeks ago)
- Graves Disease (8 drugs in 183 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Vitamin D, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Alprazolam for a patient with Hyperthyroidism, Low Vit D, Tinea Capitis, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: HAIRLOSS BEGAN AFTER 4 MONTHS ON TREATMENT FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM, EVEN THOUGH HYPERTHYROIDISM WAS UNDER CONTROL (NORMAL LEVELS) STILL HAIR LOSS,IT HAS BEEN 10 MONTHS OF HAIR LOSS AND IN THE MEANTIME ALSO GOT TINEA CAPITIS WHICH WAS TREATED
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of side effects of Tapazole for a patient with Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: joint pain in heel and knees
- A study of side effects of Tapazole for a patient with Graves Disease. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: having tingling burning and numbness also hands seem to swollen at joints knee pain in joints
- A study of side effects of Methimazole for a patient with Graves Disease. The patient has Pain In Jaw
Comments: Pain is helped by Tylenol or Ibrofen
Common symptoms:Women of age 40-49 with Graves Disease:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.