Pantoprazole vs Nexium for a female patient aged 36
Summary: 3,394 female patients aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Pantoprazole vs Nexium for a female aged 36. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Pantoprazole (latest outcomes from 29,756 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Nexium (latest outcomes from 73,196 users) has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Apr, 27, 2015: 3,410 female patients aged 34 who take the same drugs are studied in Pantoprazole vs Nexium
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Pantoprazole||pantoprazole sodium||not specified|
|Nexium||esomeprazole magnesium||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 34 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Abdominal Pain Upper||Headache|
|Short-term Memory Loss||Hair Loss|
|Long-term Memory Loss||Abdominal Distension|
|Mood Swings||Muscle Aches|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Gerd (51 drugs in 8,701 reports) (updated 17 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Pantoprazole (pantoprazole sodium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pantoprazole is used in:
- Nexium is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Pantoprazole alternatives:
- Nexium alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Nexium, Rabeprazole, Famotidine for a 65-year old man who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of PROTONIX, DEXILANT for a 37-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole Sodium for a 70-year old man who has Acid Reducer
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Protonix for a 41-year old woman who has Preven
- Comparions of Tamsulosin, Pantoprazole for a 74-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Diflucan, Protonix for a 68-year old woman who has Yeast Infections And Yogurt
- Comparions of Sudafed, Nexium for a 67-year old woman who has Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 49-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Protonix, Folic Acid for a 50-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Dexilant, Nexium for a 50-year old man who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 36-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Nexium, Protonix for a 67-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Nexium, Ursodiol for a 58-year old woman who has Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Comparions of Nexium, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tramadol, Certirizine Hydrochloride for a 55-year old man who has Methocarbamol
- Comparions of Clarithromycin, Aspirin, Pantoprazole for a 32-year old man who has Gastroduodenal Ulcer
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Pantoprazole for a 63-year old woman who has GE Reflux
- Comparions of Dexilant, Omeprazole, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Ppi
- Comparions of Prilosec Otc, Lansoprazole, Pantoprazole for a 60-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole Sodium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 48-year old man who has Dariusz
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Pantoprazole, Aldactone, Lasix, Remodulin for a 70-year old woman who has Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Montelukast Sodium for a 33-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Zantac 300, Nexium for a 44-year old woman who has Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- Comparions of Adderall 30, Nexium, Propranolol Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Requip Xl, Fluoxetine for a 52-year old woman who has Depression And Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Protonix, Baby Aspirin, Prograf for a 33-year old man who has Liver Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of Protonix, Gleevec for a 76-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Ambien, Nexium, Carafate, Dilaudid for a 41-year old woman who has Hip Pain
- Comparions of Esomeprazole Sodium, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole for a 28-year old man who has Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Lansoprazole for a 78-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Carafate, Protonix for a 54-year old woman who has Bleeding
- Comparions of Nexium, Prilosec Otc for a 53-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Nexium, Pantoprazole, Omeprazole, Benicar Hct for a 55-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Nexium, Zantac for a 62-year old woman who has Helicobacter Pylori
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Nexium for a 67-year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus
- Comparions of Solodyn, Pantoprazole for a 20-year old man who has Pantoprazole
- Comparions of Nexium, Dexilant for a 21-year old woman who has Gastroparesis
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Gaviscon, Sucralfate for a 56-year old woman who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Protonix, Liothyronine Sodium for a 68-year old woman who has Abnormal T3 Results
- Comparions of Dexilant, Nexium, Protonix for a 77-year old man who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Aciphex, Dexilant, Nexium for a 65-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole for a 53-year old man who has Gastrointestinal Candidiasis
- Comparions of Protonix, Amlodipine Besylate for a 54-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Nexium, Dexilant for a 74-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Nexium, Prilosec for a 71-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Furosemide, Gabapentin, Plaquenil, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium for a 53-year old woman who has Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Comparions of Dexilant, Celebrex, Synthroid, Univasc, Nexium for a 64-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Nexium, Diovan, Ampyra, Tecfidera, Ritalin for a 62-year old woman who has Cholestasis
- Comparions of Nexium, Flomax, Crestor, Atacand for a 78-year old man who has Surviving Prostate Cancer Victim, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, High Gastric Acid, Chronich Bronchitus
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Nabumetone for a 60-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Aciphex, Sucralfate, Nexium for a 65-year old man who has Pyloric Stenosis
- Comparions of Namenda Xr, Celexa, Nexium for a 88-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.