From FDA reports: drug interactions between Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole for a Male patient aged 45
This is a personalized study for a 45 year old male patient. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44 people who take the same drugs and have drug interactionsfrom FDA.
On Nov, 17, 2014: 44 people who reported to have interactions when taking Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole are studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Enbrel: used for 1 - 6 months
Drug interactions have: Somnolence, Fatigue, Dizziness, Disturbance In Attention, Altered Visual Depth Perception
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes among males aged 45 (±5):
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||2 (66.67%)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||2 (66.67%)|
|Disturbance In Attention||2 (66.67%)|
|Altered Visual Depth Perception||2 (66.67%)|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 45 (±5) in the use of Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction)||2|
|Altered Visual Depth Perception||2|
|Disturbance In Attention||2|
|Immobile (not moving)||2|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||2|
|Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints)||2|
|Septic Arthritis Nos||2|
|Skin Hypertrophy (skin cells enlarges)||2|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||2|
Most common interactions experienced by males aged 45 (±5) in long term use of Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole:
For people in general (regardless of gender or age):
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||2 (4.55%)|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||2 (4.55%)|
|Disturbance In Attention||2 (4.55%)|
|Altered Visual Depth Perception||2 (4.55%)|
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||16|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||14|
|Intestinal Perforation (complete penetration of the wall of the intestine)||14|
|Lymphopenia (an abnormally low level of lymphocytes in the blood)||14|
|Cytomegalovirus Colitis (an inflammation of the colon from virus)||14|
|Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs)||12|
|Optic Neuritis (optic nerve inflammation)||12|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Enbrel, Piroxicam, Omeprazole:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a mobile peer support group:
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Somnolence
- group for people who take Piroxicam and have Somnolence
- group for people who take Omeprazole and have Somnolence
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Fatigue
- group for people who take Piroxicam and have Fatigue
- group for people who take Omeprazole and have Fatigue
- group for people who take Piroxicam and have Dizziness
- group for people who take Omeprazole and have Dizziness
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Disturbance In Attention
- group for people who take Piroxicam and have Disturbance In Attention
- group for people who take Omeprazole and have Disturbance In Attention
- group for people who take Enbrel and have Altered Visual Depth Perception
- group for people who take Piroxicam and have Altered Visual Depth Perception
- group for people who take Omeprazole and have Altered Visual Depth Perception
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
Symptoms began 4 days ago with left flank pain and now I have burning, itching, and sensitivity to touch over the area which began 1 day ago.
I recently quit taking all meds due to loss of insurance coverage. I have been having symptoms for a week that seem to only get worse
I have been on Enbrel 50 mg per wk for just over 1 yr. In April 2014, I was awaiting my shipment of meds via UPS, when they arrived I was in the restroom and was unable to get to the door in time. The UPS driver left a note that they would return tomorrow with my box. The next day the UPS driver arrived with my shipment and I met him outside, my first question was, "Where was this box kept last night" he responded "In our Camp Verde wharehouse" I asked if it was refrigerated? The driver responded, "No, UPS does not have that ability". Yet the top of the box has a picture of a penguin on it that says "MUST BE REFRIGERATED!" I pointed to it and said "Do you not see this - this is medication that has to be refrigerated!" Again the driver said, "UPS does not have that ability so we had to put it in our warehouse" I asked is it a refrigerated warehouse?" He said "OH no, it gets about 120 degrees in there". I brought the box in and called Obriova (the pharmacy I get it from) and told them what had happened and they told me to open the box and feel the actual clickpens and check the ice bags placed on top and bottom. The ice bag on top was totally melted and the ice bag on botton had one tiny piece of ice left in it and the clickpens felt room temperature. The pharmacy told me "It should be fine - go ahead and accept it." So I did. I used the first clickpen from this shipment on 4/21/2014. On 4/22/2014 I have severe diarrhea. I returned the remaining 3 clickpens to the pharmacy (due to the diarrhea) and they sent me a new box. Problem is, I still have chronic diarrhea - today is 7/5/2014. My Rheumatologist told me over the phone, "It has nothing to do with the Enbrel". I had a colonoscopy on 6/13/2014, they found multiple small ulcers in my stomach, did 3 biopsies and those came back normal. Actually the diarrhea has gotten worse, to the point where I have to wear Depends to even go out of the house. My bottom is RAW and there is only one gastroenterologist in this town and she can't see me until Sept. I am down to 100 lbs and no one seems to think this is a problem - Could it be the Enbrel? I find it strange that this started the day after I took that shot when it was left in 120 degrees in a warehouse in Arizona......helpless in Arizona.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the time space for taking l-thyroxine and pantoprazole am dose
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Reflux Gastritis, Tiredness)
also taking Panioprazole in am forty-five minutes before breakfast,
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Etanercept and irritability
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Irritability, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthropathy For 55years., and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Etanercept for 8 years for Psoriasis. Previous to this I was on Methotrexate, Cyclosporine, Retinodes and ACTH injections.Since being on 25mg twice a week I have been 98% clear.The only side effect to date is "Irritability" which lasts about 24hrs. This Drug has been my saving grac ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Fatigue, Nausea, Dizzy, and takes Mirena)
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
Complete side effects:
In-depth study of side effects (who have it, when it happens and how):
- Somnolence (Drowsiness) in Enbrel (567 reports)
- Somnolence (Drowsiness) in Piroxicam (58 reports)
- Somnolence (Drowsiness) in Omeprazole (1,503 reports)
- Fatigue in Enbrel (5,766 reports)
- Fatigue in Piroxicam (151 reports)
- Fatigue in Omeprazole (3,920 reports)
- Dizziness in Enbrel (3,049 reports)
- Dizziness in Piroxicam (137 reports)
- Dizziness in Omeprazole (3,274 reports)
- Disturbance In Attention in Enbrel (171 reports)
- Disturbance In Attention in Piroxicam (25 reports)
- Disturbance In Attention in Omeprazole (285 reports)
- Altered Visual Depth Perception in Omeprazole (6 reports)
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Somnolence (Drowsiness) in Ankylosing Spondylitis (98 reports)
- Fatigue in Ankylosing Spondylitis (825 reports)
- Dizziness in Ankylosing Spondylitis (596 reports)
- Disturbance In Attention in Ankylosing Spondylitis (51 reports)
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Enbrel for Ankylosing Spondylitis reported by 77 people (updated 3 days ago)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (15 drugs in 335 reports) (updated 2 weeks ago)
Related drug interactions:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.