Prednisone vs Hydrocortisone for a female patient aged 61
Summary: 15,272 female patients aged 61 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Prednisone vs Hydrocortisone for a female aged 61. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Prednisone (latest outcomes from 150,124 users) has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
Hydrocortisone (latest outcomes from 13,794 users) has active ingredients of hydrocortisone. It is often used in addison's disease.
On Mar, 28, 2015: 15,272 female patients aged 57 who take the same drugs are studied in Prednisone vs Hydrocortisone
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
eHealthMe real world results:
For females aged 57 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Prednisone (Roxane)||Hydrocortisone (Panray)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis reported by 319 people (updated 16 hours ago)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (55 drugs in 2,517 reports) (updated 21 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Hydrocortisone (hydrocortisone) is often used to treat addison's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prednisone is used in:
- Hydrocortisone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Prednisone alternatives:
- Hydrocortisone alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone for a 72-year old man who has Dry Eyes
- Comparions of Prednisone, Armour Thyroid, Lisinopril, Glipizide, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 64-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Levaquin for a 68-year old woman who has Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Comparions of Viagra, Prednisone for a 53-year old man who has Infection - Inner Ear
- Comparions of Celebrex, Prednisone for a 54-year old woman who has Calcification
- Comparions of Prednisone, Meloxicam for a 54-year old woman who has Bursitis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 64-year old man who has Tenosynovitis
- Comparions of Evista, Prednisone, Atacand for a 80-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Postmenopausal
- Comparions of Symbicort, Doxycycline, Dapsone, Prednisone for a 57-year old man who has Bullous Pemphigoid
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Prednisone for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Garcinia Cambogia for a 19-year old girl who has Weight Loss - Intentional
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omeprazole, Linzess, Ambien for a 22-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Cefdinir, Prednisone for a 50-year old woman who has Cefdinir
- Comparions of Prednisone, Tamiflu for a 9-year old boy who has Jet Lag Prevention
- Comparions of Prednisone, Uceris for a 61-year old woman who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Lyrica, PREDNISONE for a 59-year old woman who has Nerve Compression
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Single Strength, Prednisone, Myfortic for a 66-year old man who has Benylin
- Comparions of Lamotrigine, Prednisone for a 43-year old man who has Shortness Of Breath
- Comparions of Prednisone, Omnicef for a 9-year old girl who has Mononucleosis Syndrome
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Lumigan, Alphagan, Prednisone, Methotrexate, Diamox for a 24-year old woman who has Glaucoma
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 53-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Revlimid for a 85-year old man who has Myeloma - Multiple
- Comparions of Labetalol Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 52-year old man who has Milk Thistle
- Comparions of Prednisone, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 87-year old man who has Benzonatate
- Comparions of Tagamet, Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 62-year old man who has Kidney Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of Baclofen, Prednisone for a 65-year old woman who has Temporal Arteritis
- Comparions of Mobic, Diovan Hct, Prednisone, Sulfadiazine for a 67-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 47-year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Myfortic, Prograf for a 63-year old man who has Gogu
- Comparions of Plant Estrogen, Prednisone for a 49-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Prednisone, Atripla for a 51-year old man who has Hiv Infection Cdc Category B3
- Comparions of Prednisone, Pradaxa for a 73-year old woman who has To Keep From Getting Blood Clots And Arthritis
- Comparions of Prednisone, Kaletra for a 43-year old man who has Transplant
- Comparions of Methadone Hydrochloride, Prednisone, Lyrica for a 45-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Testim, Uloric, Prednisone for a 59-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Tacrolimus, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone, Azathioprine, Cyclosporine for a 27-year old woman who has Heart Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone for a 25-year old man who has Eczema
- Comparions of Prednisone, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman who has Swelling Face
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Naprosyn for a 78-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Carbamazepine, Hydrocortisone for a 29-year old woman who has Addison's Disease
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Methylprednisolone for a 42-year old woman who has Rash
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Cortisone Acetate (West Ward) - 25MG for a 73-year old man who has Adrenalectomy
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Vicodin for a 60-year old woman who has Hip Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Vicodin (Abbott) - 500MG;5MG, Hydrocortone (Merck) - 10MG for a 33-year old woman who has C-section
- Comparions of Hydrocortone (Merck) - 20MG, Clonazepam (Sandoz) - 2MG, Soma (Meda Pharms) - 350MG, Oxycontin (Purdue Pharma Lp) - 40MG for a 43-year old man who has Spinal Fusion
- Comparions of Tramadol, Hydrocortisone (Stiefel) - 5MG for a 53-year old woman who has Chronic Renal Insufficiency
- Comparions of Hydrocortone (Merck) - 10MG, Robaxin-750 (Schwarz Pharma) - 750MG for a 21-year old woman who has Accident
- Comparions of Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.1%, Hydrocortisone (Taro) - 2.5% for a 20-year old man who has Allergies
- Comparions of Hydrocortone (Merck) - 10MG, Methadone Hydrochloride for a 69-year old man who has Pain Management
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.