Somatuline Depot vs Sandostatin Lar for a male patient aged 81
Summary: 314 male patients aged 81 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied.
This is personalized comparison of Somatuline Depot vs Sandostatin Lar for a male aged 81. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Somatuline depot (latest outcomes from 353 users) has active ingredients of lanreotide acetate. It is often used in acromegaly.
Sandostatin lar (latest outcomes from 9,420 users) has active ingredients of octreotide acetate. It is often used in acromegaly.
On Mar, 26, 2015: 314 male patients aged 77 who take the same drugs are studied in Somatuline Depot vs Sandostatin Lar
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Somatuline Depot||lanreotide acetate||Beaufour Ipsen|
|Sandostatin Lar||octreotide acetate||Novartis|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 77 (±5):
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Somatuline Depot (Beaufour Ipsen)||Sandostatin Lar (Novartis)|
|Blood Pressure Decreased|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Somatuline Depot for Acromegaly reported by 5 people (updated 1 week ago)
- Sandostatin Lar for Acromegaly reported by 4 people (updated 2 days ago)
- Acromegaly (2 drugs in 9 reports) (updated 12 months ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Somatuline Depot (lanreotide acetate) is often used to treat acromegaly. Sandostatin Lar (octreotide acetate) is often used to treat acromegaly. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Somatuline depot alternatives:
- Sandostatin lar alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Sandostatin Lar for a 55-year old woman who has Cancer - Liver
- Comparions of Lomotil, Sandostatin LAR for a 39-year old woman who has Cancer
- Comparions of Sandostatin Lar, Somatuline Depot for a 44-year old woman who has Sandostatin Lar
- Comparions of Zometa (Novartis) - EQ 4MG BASE/5ML, Sandostatin Lar (Novartis) - EQ 20MG BASE/VIAL for a 55-year old man who has Carcinoid Tumor Wiz Metastasis Into The Liver As Two Tumor Masses ,, And Involvment Of Pelvic And Hip Bones Wiz Vertebrea
- Comparions of Nefazodone Hydrochloride, Chantix, Octreotide Acetate, Viagra (Pfizer Ireland) - EQ 100MG BASE for a 37-year old man who has Fun
- Comparions of Sandostatin, Protonix, Vicodin for a 49-year old man who has Pancreatitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.