Pradaxa vs Eliquis vs Xarelto, a side effect and effectiveness comparison for a male patient aged 50
This is personalized comparison of Pradaxa vs Eliquis vs Xarelto for a male aged 50. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 351 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What are the drugs
Pradaxa (latest outcomes from 27,241 users) has active ingredients of dabigatran etexilate mesylate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Eliquis (latest outcomes) has active ingredients of apixaban.
Xarelto (latest outcomes from 4,638 users) has active ingredients of rivaroxaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
What is the symptom
Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) (latest reports from 338,141 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, high blood pressure, premenstrual syndrome, acne.
On Jun, 20, 2014: 75 male patients aged 49 who take the same drugs are studied in Pradaxa vs Eliquis vs Xarelto
Information of patient in study:
|Gender||Age||Reason for the drug|
Drugs to compare:
|Pradaxa||dabigatran etexilate mesylate||not specified|
eHealthMe real world results:
For males aged 49 (±5):
Comparison with the specified adverse outcomes:
(outcome and its % of total reports)
Most common side effects:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs||Visual Disturbance|
|Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint)||Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)|
|Shortness Of Breath||Eye Floaters (dark specks or lines in eyes)|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||Erection Problems|
|Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage)||Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop)|
|Antiphospholipid Syndrome (disorder that manifests clinically as recurrent venous or arterial thrombosis and/or fetal loss)||Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)|
|Behcet's Syndrome (involves inflammation of the blood vessels)||Headache (pain in head)|
|Lung Cancer Metastatic (lung cancer spreads to other parts)|
Most common side effects experienced by people in long term use:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Lightheadedness - Fainting (a common and often unpleasant sensation feeling that one may be about to faint)|
|Shortness Of Breath|
|Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs|
|Sexual Dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity)|
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
How to use the study:
1. print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2. start a mobile support group with people like you or your health teams to improve treatment outcomes together.
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Dvt (12 drugs in 605 reports) (updated 8 hours ago)
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Pradaxa (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Xarelto (rivaroxaban) is often used to treat atrial fibrillation/flutter. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pradaxa is used in:
- Xarelto is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Pradaxa alternatives:
- Xarelto alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 68-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Pradaxa for a 60-year old man who has Arrhythmia
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 73-year old man who has Blood Clotting
- Comparions of Eliquis, Coumadin, Xarelto, Pradaxa for a 76-year old man who has Blood Clots
- Comparions of Xarelto, Plavix for a 81-year old man who has Stroke Symptom
- Comparions of Lorazepam, Pravastatin Sodium, Xarelto, Losartan, Amlodipine Besylate for a 87-year old man who has Bloodpressure, Cholesteral
- Comparions of Xarelto, Tiazac for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Indomethacin, Xarelto for a 68-year old woman who has Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- Comparions of Allopurinol, Flomax, Diovan, Xarelto, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 58-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Omeprazole, Neurontin, Metformin for a 55-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Prednisone, Pradaxa for a 73-year old woman who has To Keep From Getting Blood Clots And Arthritis
- Comparions of Primidone, Xarelto for a 76-year old woman who has Blood Thinner
- Comparions of Furosemide, Eliquis, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Flomax for a 80-year old man who has A/f
- Comparions of Synthroid, Simvastatin, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Propafenone Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Eliquis for a 63-year old woman who has Xarelto
- Comparions of Melatonin, Pradaxa for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 64-year old woman who has A-fib
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Xarelto, Moxifloxacin for a 70-year old woman who has Sinus Infection
- Comparions of Vitamin C, Xarelto for a 62-year old man who has DVT
- Comparions of HCG, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Pradaxa for a 52-year old man who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Xarelto for a 52-year old woman who has DVT
- Comparions of PRADAXA, Warfarin Sodium for a 68-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Pradaxa, Eliquis for a 48-year old man who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Xarelto for a 66-year old woman who has Traction
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Xarelto for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Flutter
- Comparions of Prednisone, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Remeron, Xarelto, Mycophenolate Mofetil for a 54-year old man who has Polymyositis - Adult
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Atenolol, Simvastatin, Xarelto for a 84-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Eliquis, Pradaxa, Warfarin Sodium for a 87-year old man who has Pacemaker
- Comparions of Malarone, ASA, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Pradaxa for a 65-year old man who has Heart Rate Abnormal
- Comparions of Pradaxa, Warfarin Sodium for a 68-year old woman who has Blood Clot In The Legs
- Comparions of Levofloxacin, Xarelto for a 95-year old man who has Promotion Of Wound Healing
- Comparions of Xarelto, Effient, Brilinta, Pradaxa for a 53-year old man who has Antithrombin Iii
- Comparions of Xarelto, Pradaxa for a 83-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of XARELTO, PRADAXA for a 74-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Xarelto, Pradaxa for a 58-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Prednisone, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Tacrolimus, Verapamil Hcl, Xarelto for a 67-year old man who has Transplant - Kidney
- Comparions of Vitamin D, Omeprazole, Lipitor, Synthroid, Xarelto for a 66-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Xarelto for a 48-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of B Complex Vitamin, Xarelto for a 69-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Milk Of Magnesia, Xarelto for a 48-year old woman who has DVT
- Comparions of Crataegus Oxyacantha, for a 73-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Xarelto for a 46-year old man who has Psoriasis
- Comparions of Xarelto, Warfarin Sodium for a 69-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation
- Comparions of Integrilin, Reopro, Pradaxa for a 63-year old woman who has Anticoagulant Therapy
- Comparions of Xarelto, Coumadin for a 68-year old woman who has DVT
- Comparions of Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG, Androgel (Unimed Pharms) - 1% (5GM/PACKET) for a 70-year old man who has Testosterone
- Comparions of Enoxaparin Sodium (preservative Free) (Sandoz) - 30MG/0.3ML (100MG/ML), Xarelto (Janssen Pharms) - 15MG for a 66-year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Comparions of Xarelto (Janssen Pharms) - 20MG, Lovenox for a 51-year old man who has Mono
- Comparions of Flexeril (Mcneil Ped) - 5MG, Pradaxa (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 150MG for a 65-year old man who has Congenital Afibrinogenemia
- Comparions of PRADAXA, KEPPRA for a 83-year old man who has Stroke
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.