Review: Atelvia side effects
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 6, 2014)
Overall severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
This is a review of Atelvia side effects by studying 83 people who take Atelvia. We analyze Atelvia side effects by the time on the drug, gender and age (0-60+) of the users. The review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What is Atelvia
Atelvia (latest outcomes from 119 users) has active ingredients of risedronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (risedronate sodium): Actonel, Risedronate Sodium.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 111 people who reported to have side effects when taking Atelvia are studied
Most common Atelvia side effects*:
If people were to have side effects while taking Atelvia, what are they:
(1) Arthralgia (joint pain): 62 reports. It's more common among females aged 60+ years old
(2) Diarrhoea: 30 reports. It's more common among females aged 60+ years old
(3) Myalgia (muscle pain): 28 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
(4) Pyrexia (fever): 22 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
(5) Abdominal Pain: 17 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old, and can be severe
(6) Back Pain: 16 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old, and can be severe
(7) Headache (pain in head): 15 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
(8) Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 12 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
(9) Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 11 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
(10) Influenza Like Illness: 11 reports. It's more common among females aged 50-59 years old
If people were to have side effects after taking Atelvia for a long term (> 1 year), what are they:
(1) Arteriosclerosis (thickening and hardening of arteries): 2 reports.
(2) Back Pain: 1 report.
(3) Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 report.
(4) Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons): 1 report.
(5) Death: 1 report.
(6) Weight Increased: 1 report.
Atelvia side effects by gender*:
Atelvia side effects in women:
(1) Arthralgia: 28 reports.
(2) Diarrhoea: 15 reports.
(3) Abdominal pain: 13 reports.
(4) Back pain: 13 reports.
(5) Headache: 12 reports.
(6) Myalgia: 12 reports.
(7) Abdominal pain upper: 11 reports.
(8) Chest pain: 10 reports.
(9) Pain: 10 reports.
(10) Muscle spasms: 10 reports.
Atelvia side effects in men:
(1) Constipation: 2 reports.
(2) Unevaluable event: 2 reports.
(3) Dysuria: 2 reports.
(4) Autonomic neuropathy: 2 reports.
(5) Abdominal pain: 2 reports.
(6) Hypertension: 1 report.
(7) Muscular weakness: 1 report.
(8) Interstitial lung disease: 1 report.
(9) Asthenia: 1 report.
(10) Dizziness: 1 report.
Atelvia side effects by age*:
Atelvia side effects in children aged 0-1:
Atelvia side effects in children aged 2-9:
Atelvia side effects in people aged 10-19:
Atelvia side effects in people aged 20-29:
Atelvia side effects in people aged 30-39:
Atelvia side effects in people aged 40-49:
(1) Nausea: 3 reports.
(2) Abdominal pain: 2 reports.
(3) Bone pain: 1 report.
(4) Migraine: 1 report.
(5) Vomiting: 1 report.
(6) Fatigue: 1 report.
(7) Diarrhoea: 1 report.
(8) Application site pruritus: 1 report.
(9) Application site erythema: 1 report.
(10) Pruritus generalised: 1 report.
Atelvia side effects in people aged 50-59:
(1) Back pain: 10 reports.
(2) Headache: 10 reports.
(3) Arthralgia: 9 reports.
(4) Pyrexia: 8 reports.
(5) Myalgia: 8 reports.
(6) Abdominal pain: 8 reports.
(7) Chest pain: 8 reports.
(8) Influenza like illness: 7 reports.
(9) Paraesthesia: 7 reports.
(10) Chest discomfort: 7 reports.
Atelvia side effects in people aged 60+:
(1) Arthralgia: 20 reports.
(2) Diarrhoea: 8 reports.
(3) Dyspepsia: 7 reports.
(4) Muscle spasms: 6 reports.
(5) Gait disturbance: 6 reports.
(6) Pain: 6 reports.
(7) Abdominal pain: 6 reports.
(8) Myalgia: 6 reports.
(9) Pain in extremity: 5 reports.
(10) Vomiting: 5 reports.
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Browse Atelvia side effects from A to Z:
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Atelvia
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Atelvia (risedronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Atelvia is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Atelvia used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Studies of common Atelvia drug interactions:
Browse Atelvia drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
most important is Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), which your search engine does not recognize. This is a very common over the counter treatment for depression in the U.S. and is often prescribed medically.
From this study (3 months ago):
I feel that taking Actonel is the cause of this happening to me.
From this study (4 months ago):
After taking the 150 mg for the first time IN THE MORNING I began to feel hip and leg slight camping after 12 hours. The next evening I experienced a heavy feeling under my right rib, after reclining an upon standing . The feeling was so uncomfortable I went to the ER where they said the found a gallstone. The next 4 nights I could not turn my head in bed without lifting it with my two hands, the neck muscles were completely gone. The gallbladder surgeon checked me and although I had no gallbladder symptoms suggested I have it removed.
I've never had any previous gallbladder attacks and after a week I've been eating everything normal and have no symptoms ,this is why I believe the pill caused the attack. Now I have to decide wether to remove the gallbladder or cancel next weeks appointment . If you have other people with the same gallbladder symptoms could you let me know . THANKS A. H.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Atelvia
More reviews for: Atelvia
Recent Atelvia related drug studies:
More related studies for: Atelvia
Recent Atelvia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Atelvia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.