Benicar, Black Cohosh for a 55-year old woman
This is a personalized study for a 55 year old female patient who has High blood pressure, Menopause. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media.
What are the drugs
Benicar (latest outcomes from 13,743 users) has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Black cohosh (latest outcomes from 272 users) has active ingredients of black cohosh. It is often used in menopause.
What are the conditions
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,150,351 patients) can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate, Atenolol, Metoprolol Tartrate, Norvasc, Diovan.
Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women) (latest reports from 13,813 patients) can be treated by Estradiol, Premarin, Prempro, Progesterone, Prometrium, Femhrt.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 0 female aged 52 (±5) who take Benicar, Black Cohosh is studied
Information of the patient in this study:
Conditions: High blood pressure, Menopause
- Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil): used for 6 - 12 months
- Black Cohosh (black cohosh)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
You can also:
- Check your drugs or symptoms
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related mobile support group
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who have Menopause
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who take Black Cohosh
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take black cohosh and atenolol together
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who takes Black Cohosh, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone)
can these two to be taken together atenolol and black cohosh
- Does simvastin give your dry skin a white fish scale look on your face?
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Hypercholesterolemia, and takes Simvastatin, Baclofen, Coenzyme Q10, Black Cohosh, L-acetylcarnitine, Red Chickweed, Iodine, Vitamin D)
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
Related drug interaction studies:
Drug effectiveness in real world:
- Benicar for High Blood Pressure reported by 571 people (updated 6 hours ago)
- Black Cohosh for Menopause reported by 14 people (updated 2 hours ago)
Complete drug side effects:
- High Blood Pressure (243 drugs in 22,829 reports) (updated 6 hours ago)
- Menopause (35 drugs in 447 reports) (updated 4 days ago)
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Comments: started having severe muscle twitching after being on 40 mg Benicar for five days.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Escitalopram, Diazepam, Theophylline, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Simvastatin for a patient with Gout - Acute, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Asthma, Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Cold Sweat, Vomiting Aggravated, Epigastric Hernia
Comments: Also treated gout with etoricoxib
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Loss
Comments: After eating would get severe intestinal pain and had constant diarrhea. This went on for months, I lost a lot of weight during this time.
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Arch. The patient has Uloric 40 Mg
Comments: Been on these meds for 2-3 years have started itching
- A study of drug interactions between Elestrin, Benicar, Amlodipine, Fenofibrate, Bystolic for a patient with Hormone Level Abnormal, Hbp, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Impaired Memory, Musculoskeletal Discomfort
Comments: I have noticed a brain fog and lack of concentration.
Common symptoms:Women of age 50-59 with High Blood Pressure:
- Blood pressure management (2,727 reports)
- Nausea (1,973 reports)
- Dizziness (1,824 reports)
- Headache (1,767 reports)
- Breathing difficulty (1,608 reports)
- Fatigue (1,550 reports)
- Weakness (1,428 reports)
- Stress and anxiety (1,379 reports)
- Pain (1,324 reports)
- Chest pain (1,295 reports)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.