Question: Can i take garcinia cambogia while taking paxil and synthroid?
Age: 52 Gender: female
Conditions: Depression - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism - Thyroid Nodules, Menopause
Medications: Paxil, Synthroid, Calcitriol, Calcium, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Garcinia Cambogia
Number of patients like Eloise A. on eHealthMe: 7,453
I've suffered from depression and generalized anxiety most of my life never understanding what was wrong with me.! 10 years ago an internist doctor prescribed -Effexor-. It helped a little, not much
Two years ago after a -Parathyroid surgery- and ovary surgery, started menopause.
Different doctors gave me medications, didn't know they all were for depression
It's a miracle that I'm still alive -literally-. Currently taking Paxil and Synthroid. Can I start taking Garcinia Cambogia and Royal Jelly without drug interaction? I put on about 40 lb. in the 2 years of "Literally Hell that I went through.
Even with medication, still struggling with anxiety and depression.!
Thank you for all your help!!!.- Eloise
Replies (subscribe to this Q&A):
You can also ask your question in a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who have Depression - Chronic
- support group for people who have Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- support group for people who have Menopause
- support group for people who take Calcitriol
- support group for people who take Calcium
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who take Garcinia Cambogia
- support group for people who take Paxil
- support group for people who take Synthroid
- support group for people who take Vitamin D
Related topics: Calcium and Depression - Chronic, Calcium and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Calcium and Menopause, Fish Oil and Depression - Chronic, Fish Oil and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Fish Oil and Menopause, Paxil and Menopause, Synthroid and Depression - Chronic, Synthroid and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Synthroid and Menopause, Vitamin D and Depression - Chronic, Vitamin D and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression - Chronic and Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression - Chronic and Menopause, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Depression - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Menopause
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Have been taking synthroid for graves disease since 2004. over the years the amount has been increase and i now take 150mg per day. have just this year developed photo senseitivity to the sun. ten min (2 answers)
HELP have developed Photosensitivity!! Have been taking synthroid since 2004 for Graves disease and the amount has been increased to 150mg over the years. Ten Minutes out in the sun and I trun completely red and itchy where the sun has been exposed. We are an outdoors/beachy family. Any suggestions? ...
- I have an under active thyroid, have been on levothyroxine,,50-75mg, since april 2014, i have terrible tremors all throught my whole body all day and all night what can be used to stop these ? (2 answers)
I am 52 and have also been diagnosed as menopusal, but i had an underactive thyroid, that has now become auto immune, i started to take 50 mg and was very
ill, so i asked the gp if upping it to 75 would help, he agreed, but i have now developed these inside tremmors through my legs and torso ...
- Can a person with parkinson's take garcinia cambogia?
looking to lose some wait around my stomach area to releave my lower back pain. i wantedto try garcinia cambogia but since I have Parkinson's not sure if it's safe.
- Could acromegaly cause temporal arteritis?i (1 answer)
I was diagnosed with acromegaly '08. I have had transphenoidal tumor removal and radiation.
New onset of severe pain temples, nausea, neck pain
I don't want to call my doctor and sound like a hypochondriac
Does anyone have experience with having acromegaly and ending up with t ...
- Is it safe to take garcinia cambogia if i suffer from hypothyroidism
is it safe to start taking the weight loss pill garcinia cambogia while taking levothyroid medidcine
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also (2 answers)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- Can horse chestnut seed extract be used with hydrochlorothiazide?
I've taken hydrochlorothiazide for about 2 months, seemed to help with swelling at first, but now not so much. I've suffered with this severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet since my early twenties. I've been told it was lymphedema, circulation problems; but still no concrete diagnosis. I often wo ...
- Does anyone have primary biliary cirrhosis due to prescription medications and if so has anyone detoxed from all mecications and received a decline in their enzyme levels but some form of dementia? (1 answer)
I was treated for simple depression 10 years ago which through additional and multiple prescription medication use as directed by my family doctor and pyschiatrist turned into to PBC, Hyertension, Hyperthyrodism, Bi-Polar. Once informed of the diagnosis Primary Biliary Cirrohis I choose to detox fro ...
- Has anyone had side effects from taking blood pressure medication and garcinia cambodgia formula
I am currently on paxil and zebeta, I want to take garcinia cambogia formula, but I want to know what if any side effects or drug interactions there are.
- Long term synthroid replacement and ovarian cancer risk
I have ovarian cancer. My genetic test all negative
I take Synthroid replacement therapy for 20 years
I want to know my cancer have any relationship with this drug
- Will my voice ever be restored having suffered from allergic rhinitis for these past years? (1 answer)
I am a singer with a very high pitch, but now I can barely speak loud talk less of singing. I cough often and sneeze a lot. My nose to the right upper side of my head seems blocked. All medications prescribed by the ENT After 4 X-rays have not helped at all. I am concerned about the loss of voic ...
- Can viibryd cause a itchy rash or stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
I have had mild anxiety and depression for several years, but in the last 4 months, they became severe. I started getting small rashes (or hives), which on different parts of my body and last about 30 -45 minutes (sometimes less). My family doctor thinks could be a result of anxiety. My family docto ...
- What is causing my symptoms. (1 answer)
I have pain in my back and down my leg, pain under my ribs, sharp groin pain occasionally and daily loose stools.
- What are side effects of taking green coffee beans and levothyroxine?
I had thyroid cancer so i had my thyroid taken out in 2000 in 2008 i had a total hysterectomy so I'm putting on weight i join a gym and i lost some weight and then put back on that's why i want to try the green coffee beans, if u have any information please help me. Thank you.
- Is pityriasis rosea common in hypothyroid disease
I was just diagnosed as being hypothyroid(July). Back in April I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea coincidence or part of thyroid disease?
- Alternative treatment options for vitiligo and hashimoto's disease
generalized Vitiligo condition over 25 years spreading slowly till last 2 years
Routine check-up discover Hashimoto's thyroiditis (TPO-AB >1000, TSH 18) and microcytic anemia (iron 2, ferin 1, UIBC, TIBC high)
- Can premarin cause dizziness?
I have been on the blood pressure drugs for a few years, so I doubt my dizziness is a result of those. Ive been on premarin cream for just a week or two and I have marked dizziness, especially during and after activity. Its sometimes accompanied by shortness of breath and tachycardia. Can this be t ...
- Is it possible to get shingles because i'm on lamictal
I have been taking Lamictal for 6 years and I have shingles often with severe pain even after the lesions are gone. Could it be shingles came on because of the limit though. Is it true limit fell is used to help the pain from shingles
- Does methotrexate cause hot flashes
I feel I am 200 degrees at times. I already take estradiol patches for hot flashes for 5 years and they work really well! but since I started on methotrexate [6 months ago] I started getting hot flashes again!
- What anxiety medications are advisable? (1 answer)
I'm perimenopaussl 49 year old teacher with ADHD and Hypothyroidism.I suffer from hot flashes at night, brain fog, fight or flight response in stressful situations, and generalized depression/fear of failure plus currently my waistline is 38 inches. What anxiety medication can be taken because my d ...
- Anyone having pain in muscles two weeks or more after injection of avonex? does avonex do damage to the muscles into which it is injected?
15+ yrs dx with RRMS has progressed to SPMS. Been on Avonex entire time and my condition has progressed slowly. I am still able to walk, do stairs (though slowly), cook, do housework (unfortunately!:-)) and generally take care of myself and family for the most part. Depression has been a problem ...
- What problems should i expect when i stop taking premarin?
- Am having a major herpes breakout 2 weeks after actemra infusion even though i have been on a daily regimen of acylocyovir for 5 years. has anyone else had this happen?
Contracted herpes 2 from my ex husband 6 yrs ago. Was on Remicade infusions at the time so my immune system was already compromised. Have been on a daily regimen of 400 Mg of acyclovir since then. Sometimes taking an additional 1600 Mg when I feel the onset of a breakout. I am a high strung person & ...
- Levothyroxine or synthroid makes me dizzy (1 answer)
I stopped taking synthroid and levothyroxine because I couldn't tolerate dizzy spells even when I was driving the car or in class and in the middle of the night holding on the wall to go to the bathroom. I couldn't tolerate nauseous which cause me fainting or dizzy spells. Too frightened to continue ...
- Quality of life with graves' disease
After contracting a virus I experienced a "shut down" of my entire GI tract for greater than 4 months, then converted to Type 1 Diabetes (GAD-65 positive), also was found to be positive for Lyme Disease and was treated, then December 2012 was dx'd with Graves' Disease and most recently, my gall blad ...
- Does orencia cause weight loss
- I had a throidectomy and now take levothyroxine daily, i'm wondering if there is a negative impact if i start taking green bean coffee extract as well?
I took 2 green coffee bean extract tablets 1/2 hour before eating breakfast and noticed I became very shaky, with hand tremors about an hour later. I was wondering if I CAN take this extract? Maybe I need to wait 4 or more hours after taking my levothyroxine? Will this green coffee bean extract inte ...
- Is garcinia cambogia safe?
I want to use the garcinia cambogia, I was treated for hepatitis c in 2002. My The virus load is normal now . can I take the garcinia cambogia??
- How long does it take to get rid of high triglycerides levels from cortisone shots
Hello, five months ago I went to my Cardiologist and my cholesterol levels were very good, today I got my lab test results and my Doctor said my LDL is 265 and need to bring it down. I went home and I started research on it and found out that taking shots of cortisone could raise your LDL levels, no ...
- Is severe acid reflux normal
wake up choking on acidic bile and can't breathe