Home > Acid reflux > Dexilant > Dexilant for Acid reflux
How effective is Dexilant for Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Dexilant (dexlansoprazole) is for Acid reflux. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 243 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Dexilant for Acid reflux >>>
What is Dexilant
Dexilant (latest outcomes from 1,528 users) has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 45,637 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc.
On Sep, 30, 2014: 243 people are studied for taking Dexilant in Acid reflux
Dexilant effectiveness for Acid reflux (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Dexilant for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||72.02%||27.98% |
Age of people who take Dexilant for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.41%||7.41%||11.93%||24.69%||22.22%||33.33% |
Who find Dexilant more effective for Acid reflux?
Gender of people who find Dexilant more effective * :
|Acid reflux||75.57%||24.43% |
Age of people who find Dexilant more effective * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.87%||12.21%||18.32%||25.95%||36.64% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
After one pill of Dexilant 60 mg, I experienced bad abdominal cramps. I took it for a week and had bad cramps every day. I stopped taking it and the cramps disappeared within one day.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I started on Bupropion, three weeks after I developed a severe rash. I stopped for two weeks, back on burpropion, two days after I started rash came back, very severe. I have liver disease in one month my enzymes went double. I don't know if that happened because of the rash or has nothing to due because of the medication.
From this study (2 months ago):
I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exercise heart rate in 70%-90% of maximum range. My resting heart rate is 50-55 beats per minute, my cholesterol and triglyceride levels are well controlled with exercise and zocor. My blood pressure is well controlled by Hyzaar 100/25. I have never tried medications such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra for this problem. Perhaps they would help, but I feel the main reasons for my problems are my age (64) and the side effects of the combinations of drugs I take. Also, last year I had my testosterone level checked it was 399 (normal range 400-1200).Perhaps this is also part of my problem?? Thank you for any advice.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Dexilant, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
More reviews for: Dexilant, Acid reflux
Recent studies of taking Dexilant in Acid Reflux on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin E, Milk Thistle, Dexilant, Losartan Potassium, Hydroxyzine, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Acid Reflux, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attack, Depression. The patient has Hives Rash Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction (Drugs that may cause impotence)
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Remeron, Lexapro, Tylenol, Suboxone, Aleve, Aspirin, Dexilant, Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Pain - Back, Heart Disease - Aging, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Methotrexate, Zetia, Livalo, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Multivitamin, Folic Acid, Ranitidine, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypothyroidism, Supplement, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Depression. The patient has Sweating Fever, Fever, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Joint Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Swelling Of A Joint (Joint swelling), Intractable Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Simvastatin, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Aspirin, Dexilant, Remeron, Prograf, Rapamune for a patient with Neuropathy, Dyslipidemia, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Gerd, Depression, Renal Transplant. The patient has Fever And Sepsis Like Condition
More related studies for: Dexilant, Acid reflux
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.