How effective is Pantoprazole for Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.6/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Pantoprazole (pantoprazole sodium) is for Acid reflux. The study is based on 252 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What is Pantoprazole
Pantoprazole (latest outcomes from 29,670 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 45,639 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix, Prilosec Otc.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 252 people are studied for taking Pantoprazole in Acid reflux
Pantoprazole effectiveness for Acid reflux (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Pantoprazole for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||57.94%||42.06% |
Age of people who take Pantoprazole for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.40%||0.00%||0.79%||7.14%||13.49%||18.25%||28.57%||31.35% |
Who find Pantoprazole more effective for Acid reflux?
Gender of people who find Pantoprazole more effective * :
|Acid reflux||55.63%||44.37% |
Age of people who find Pantoprazole more effective * :
|Acid reflux||0.70%||0.00%||0.00%||8.45%||11.97%||15.49%||32.39%||30.99% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
Is there any side affects with the conbination of all these, after i take the pantoprazole, i feel sick, and dizzy, hot, and want to throw up, and feel like my heart is racing.
From this study (1 week ago):
pain and heaviness in arms and legs, comes and goes. relieved by heat but gets worse immediately once heat is removed.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Have questionable diagnosis of Sjogrens
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
More reviews for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
Recent studies of taking Pantoprazole in Acid Reflux on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Endep, Pantoprazole, Lyrica, Seroquel Xr, Avapro for a patient with Depression, Heartburn, Nerve Pain, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Dry Eyes Aggravated, Heartburn (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Ativan, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Garcinia Cambogia for a patient with Acid Reflux, Anxiety, Depression, Weight Loss - Intentional. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Pantoprazole for a patient with Nerve Pain, Acid Reflux. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting)
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin-d, Celexa, Melatonin, Klonopin, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Protonix, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Mirapex, Zantac 150, Allopurinol for a patient with Hay Fever, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder, Depression, Gerd, Gouty Arthritis - Chronic. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Neurontin, Protonix, Estrace for a patient with Health, Cramps - Leg, Pain, Gerd, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (Mixed tension migraine)
More related studies for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.