Home > Acid reflux > Pantoprazole > Pantoprazole for Acid reflux
How effective is Pantoprazole for Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.6/5
Long term ratings: 3.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Pantoprazole (pantoprazole sodium) is for Acid reflux. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 261 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Pantoprazole for Acid reflux >>>
What is Pantoprazole
Pantoprazole (latest outcomes from 29,684 users) has active ingredients of pantoprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 45,960 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Prilosec Otc.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 261 people are studied for taking Pantoprazole in Acid reflux
Pantoprazole effectiveness for Acid reflux (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Pantoprazole for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||58.24%||41.76% |
Age of people who take Pantoprazole for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.38%||0.00%||0.77%||7.66%||13.41%||18.01%||29.50%||30.27% |
Who find Pantoprazole more effective for Acid reflux?
Gender of people who find Pantoprazole more effective * :
|Acid reflux||56.85%||43.15% |
Age of people who find Pantoprazole more effective * :
|Acid reflux||0.68%||0.00%||0.00%||8.22%||12.33%||15.75%||32.88%||30.14% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can you get chills with multiple myeloma?
Do multiple myeloma patients have the chills without fever? My husband was diagnosed 2 months ago and has had 2 months of chemo 2x weekly for 3 weeks. He has Velacade and a steroid Decadron. He has also had 3 rounds of cytoxan. Why is he getting chills?
- How should i take metozolv odt (to help empty my stomach and omeprazole - bicarb 40-1,10 (for reflux). one says on empty stomach, the other 1 hour brfore meals
Had cancer of the esophagus and stomach (tumor at the junction. Did chemo and radiation, had surgery, more chemo, clean pet scan. Now I cannot empty my stomach, and I suffer vomiting and acid reflux at night. I was given the Omepazole for the acid reflux and vomiting, then they discovered it was cau ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Phentermine topamax and depo provera
I'm am wondering if th phentermine, the topamax (25 mg x2 a day ) will interfer will the depo provera?
- Is there a connection between prolia injections and transient global amnesia
I was given an injection of Prolia for osteoporsis 7 days before a necessary ER visit due to transient global amnesia. That day is a total blank. The three previous days are very sketchy. Is there anyone who has experienced a correlation between Prolia and amnesia?
- I am taking omeprazole and ranitidine for acid reflux both seem to be giving me side effects fatigue, dizziness
I took esomoprazole ( nexium ) 20 mg for acid reflux for thirteen days but felt so unwell side effects fatigue and feeling very unsteady and disoriented , not all the time but enough to make me want to stop taking it. It had however diminished my cough and sore throat caused by the reflux. My gastro ...
More questions for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Skyrocketing cholesterol 6 mo on pantoprazole
My primary care physician prescribed pantoprazole 40 mg per day in mid November 2013 and at the same time gave me results of my lipid panel telling me I should improve my cholesterol and tryglyceride numbers. He also prescribed Omega 3 supplements 2000 mg/day, along with dietary modifications. In Ju ...
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
- Pantopraz sod 40mg,retaining alot of fluids
I am retaining a lot of fluids from my hips and down to my feet and believe its from taking pantoprazole,and I mean everything,its scary,has anyone been down this road?
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Mirena and iritis connection??
Was healthy 31yrway old with 3mothe baby when iritis began. It lasted nearly 15moas never fully healing before flaring again. Otho considered Methotrexate it was so bad and life altering buying was breast feeding. Maybe could have treated differently if not nursing but with my baby's GI issues breas ...
More reviews for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
Recent studies of taking Pantoprazole in Acid Reflux on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Protonix for a patient with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Acid Reflux. The patient has Swelling, Redness And Numbness On Foot And Toes
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Vitamin D, Ferrous Fumarate, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pantoprazole, Carvedilol, Nifedipine for a patient with Low Blood Potassium, Vitamin B-12 Level, Anemia, Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Dizziness, Palpitations (Heart palpitations), Blood Glucose, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr, Trileptal, Pantoprazole for a patient with Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Reflux Esophagitis. The patient has Vision Blurred, Muscle Spasms, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Pantoprazole for a patient with GERD. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
More related studies for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Pepcid Ac, Prilosec Otc for a 30-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Esomeprazole Sodium, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole for a 28-year old man who has Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Comparions of Pantoprazole, Lansoprazole for a 78-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Prilosec, Ranitidine for a 68-year old man who has GERD
- Comparions of Prilosec, Zantac 150 for a 39-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Omeprazole Magnesium, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol for a 19-year old girl who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Nexium, Prilosec Otc for a 53-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Zantac 150 for a 65-year old woman who has GERD
- Comparions of Pepcid, Omeprazole for a 56-year old man who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Microgestin Fe 1/20, Sodium Bicarbonate for a 31-year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic
More related comparison studies for: Pantoprazole, Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.