Home > Acid reflux > Zantac 150 > Zantac 150 for Acid reflux
How effective is Zantac 150 for Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Zantac 150 (ranitidine hydrochloride) is for Acid reflux. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 266 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Zantac 150 for Acid reflux >>>
What is Zantac 150
Zantac 150 (latest outcomes from 3,880 users) has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 46,017 patients) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid, Prilosec Otc.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 266 people are studied for taking Zantac 150 in Acid reflux
Zantac 150 effectiveness for Acid reflux (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Zantac 150 for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||62.41%||37.59% |
Age of people who take Zantac 150 for Acid reflux * :
|Acid reflux||0.38%||0.00%||1.88%||16.17%||22.18%||21.43%||19.17%||18.80% |
Who find Zantac 150 more effective for Acid reflux?
Gender of people who find Zantac 150 more effective * :
|Acid reflux||64.81%||35.19% |
Age of people who find Zantac 150 more effective * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||1.85%||15.74%||23.15%||18.52%||22.22%||18.52% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
the pain is sporadic but when I have it, it's very debilitating. Sometimes it comes with nausea and vomit
From this study (2 weeks ago):
This list of symptoms is endless
Nausea vomiting sleep disorders anxiety disorders
So many symptoms with such little relief :(
From this study (3 months ago):
General fatigue, knee pain from arthritis,chronic insomnia, scalp psoriasis. One recent episode of bedwetting.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Zantac 150, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Zantac 150, Acid reflux
Recent studies of taking Zantac 150 in Acid Reflux on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Zantac 150, Lo/ovral, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Gerd, Hormonal Contraceptive, Tremor, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine (Mixed tension migraine), Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome), Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Clobex, Zantac 150, Welchol, Micardis, Zoloft, Vicodin, Ativan, Ambien, Soma for a patient with Plaque Psoriasis, Heartburn, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension, Depression, Tmj Disorders, Stress And Anxiety, Insomnia. The patient has Fatigue, Bedwetting
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin-d, Celexa, Melatonin, Klonopin, Bupropion Hydrobromide, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Protonix, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Mirapex, Zantac 150, Allopurinol for a patient with Hay Fever, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder, Depression, Gerd, Gouty Arthritis - Chronic. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Zantac 300, Indapamide, Calcitriol, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container for a patient with Itching, Gerd, Parathyroid Disorder, Aat Deficiency, Parathyroid Hormone. The patient has Hives, Itching, Cough
- A study of side effects of Zantac 150 for a patient with GERD. The patient has Purpura Non-thrombocytopenic (type of purpura (red or purple skin discoloration))
More related studies for: Zantac 150, Acid reflux
Recent Acid Reflux related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Zantac 150, Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.