How effective is Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Biotin (biotin) is for Aging changes in hair and nails. The study is based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails >>>
What is Biotin
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,637 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Aging changes in hair and nails
Aging changes in hair and nails (latest reports from 28 patients) can be treated by Biotin.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Biotin in Aging changes in hair and nails
Biotin effectiveness for Aging changes in hair and nails (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails * :
|Aging changes in hair and nails||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||9.09%||63.64%||18.18%||0.00% |
Who find Biotin more effective for Aging changes in hair and nails?
Age of people who find Biotin more effective * :
|Aging changes in hair and nails||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
At the first month of taking biotin is started to notice that my left eye was aching...so i waited to see what would happen next, and assure it was a stye. i started putting warm water on the stye also started squeezing it, not knowing that my eye would get worst, it did. i soon went to the E.R. after the stye left but continued to itch severely. they priscibed me a antibiotic eyedrops. i started taking it right away, the itching went away.
now im starting on my third stye......and i am still taking biotin.
From this study (12 months ago):
Treated Hep C for 72 weeks w/Peg alpha Interferon & Ribavirin protocol 2007-2009. Tinnitus worsened after treatment. Fibromyalgia started during treatment & did not improve after. Tried different pills to help the fibromyalgia with no luck until 10mg Amitriptyline pm/10mg Celexa am - helped. Weened off celexa 3 months ago in effort to decrease weight & stop tinnitus to no avail. Recently stopped Amitriptyline due to elevated liver functions. One month later - liver functions are now normal but tinnitus seemed to worsen & unable to sleep so I am now trying Amitriptyline every other day which is helping sleep but not so much the tinnitus!
From this study (1 year ago):
Extreme fatique when started using Luvox. Recently removed clonazepam and replaced it with diazepam. Tried Adderall for fatigue but caused high anxiety issues.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
Recent studies of taking Biotin in Aging Changes In Hair And Nails on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a patient with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails. The patient has Stye
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Calcium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Synthroid for a patient with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Preventative For Age Related Bone Loss, Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism Postoperative. The patient has Hepatitis C Rna Positive, Fibromyalgia, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Diazepam, Synthroid, Lansoprazole, Luvox CR, Fentanyl-25, Biotin, Soluble Fiber, Loratadine, Vitamin D for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism, Stomach Pain, Anxiety, Chronic Pain, Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Constipation, Allergies, Deficiency Anaemia. The patient has Luvox Cr
- A study of drug interactions between Requip, Stalevo 100, Zelapar, Wellbutrin Xl, Provigil, Synthroid, CoQ10, Folic Acid, Biotin, Calcium for a patient with Parkinson's Disease, Adhd, Fatigue, Hashimoto's Disease, Health, Aging Changes In Hair And Nails, Bone Density Decreased. The patient has Pulmonary Embolism
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a patient with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Weight Loss, Constipation, Blurred Vision, Abdominal Bloating, Insomnia, Anxiety, Tingling In Fingers, Mouth & Feet, Always Cold
More related studies for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
Related comparison studies for: Aging changes in hair and nails
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.