Home > Aging changes in hair and nails > Biotin > Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails
How effective is Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Biotin (biotin) is for Aging changes in hair and nails. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 13 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails >>>
What is Biotin
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,657 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Aging changes in hair and nails
Aging changes in hair and nails (latest reports from 30 patients) can be treated by Biotin.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 13 people are studied for taking Biotin in Aging changes in hair and nails
Biotin effectiveness for Aging changes in hair and nails (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Biotin for Aging changes in hair and nails * :
|Aging changes in hair and nails||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||7.69%||61.54%||15.38%||0.00% |
Who find Biotin more effective for Aging changes in hair and nails?
Age of people who find Biotin more effective * :
|Aging changes in hair and nails||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can biotin 5000mg cause a mass on your breast
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Lump On Breast, and takes Biotin)
I started taken the biotin 5000mg 2 days ago and now I have a lump on my left breast
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Did diarrhea eventually stop after stopping the biotin and if so, how long after?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Diarrhea , and takes Biotin)
I have colitis and recently had a flare up! Due to prednisone I lost a lot of my hair. I started to take biotin, I started with one pill a day and has no diarrhea until I started taking 3 pills a day! I'm also on remicade infusions every 2 months!
- What shoul i do to reverse the watering eye side effect caused by biotin?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Watery Eyes, and takes Biotin)
I took a Biotin 5000 mcg capsule about 5 months ago. Ever since I took it my left eye has been watering uncontrollably every day! I have been to the optometrist and multiple eye places and they all say I have dry eyes. Problem is my eye doesn't burn, hurt, or anything. It SIMPLY waters. All and ever ...
More questions for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Buspirone and biotin
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Vomiting, Abdominal Pain Lower, and takes Biotin, Buspirone Hydrochloride)
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
Recent studies of taking Biotin in Aging Changes In Hair And Nails (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a patient with Hair Growth Abnormal. The patient has Menstruation Delayed (late menstruation cycle)
Comments: Started taking biotin and my period is late. Have symptoms of period like sore breasts tired bloated
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, Hdd, Artery Blockage
Comments: I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and have started losing a lot of hair.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
More related studies for: Biotin, Aging changes in hair and nails
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.