Home > Agitation > Gabapentin > Gabapentin for Agitation
How effective is Gabapentin for Agitation?
Overall ratings: 2.6/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Gabapentin (gabapentin) is for Agitation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 8 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Gabapentin for Agitation >>>
What is Gabapentin
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,456 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement) (latest reports from 315,656 patients) can be treated by Mirapex, Requip, Ativan, Clonazepam, Seroquel, Risperdal.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 8 people are studied for taking Gabapentin in Agitation
Gabapentin effectiveness for Agitation (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Gabapentin for Agitation * :
Who find Gabapentin more effective for Agitation?
Age of people who find Gabapentin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Gabapentin, Agitation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Generalised anxiety relief for me
It's been almost a year on Viibryd. I have not had the brain fog/lack of personality I had with Zoloft, I feel like myself and not a zombie. It was a slightly rough start the first two weeks of it due to some increased agitation and insomnia but at a snap of a finger that was gone. I'm on a mild dos ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Gralise-visual hallucinations
1st dose started while sleeping. Accompanied by disorientation and balance problems. Woke from sleep crying.
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Gabapentin, Agitation
Recent studies of taking Gabapentin in Agitation on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Gabapentin, Agitation
Recent Agitation related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atarax, Bi-sifrol for a 68-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Donepezil, Gabapentin for a 59-year old man who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Abilify (Otsuka) - 2MG, Pindolol (Mylan) - 5MG for a 41-year old woman who has Agitation
- Comparions of Mirapex, Requip for a 76-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Mirapex (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 0.5MG, Xanax (Pharmacia And Upjohn) - 0.25MG for a 83-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Requip (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 0.25MG BASE, Acetaminophen, Caffeine, And Dihydrocodeine Bitartrate for a 57-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Requip, Lamictal (Glaxosmithkline) - 200MG for a 63-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Haldol (Ortho Mcneil) - 5MG, SOMA for a 15-year old girl who has Agitation
- Comparions of Mirapex (Boehringer Ingelheim) - 1.5MG, Oxycontin (Purdue Pharma Lp) - 10MG for a 63-year old man who has Restlessness
More related comparison studies for: Gabapentin, Agitation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (10 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (52 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Dreams Bad
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Biliary Cirrhosis Secondary