Home > Allergic reaction > Benadryl > Benadryl for Allergic reaction
How effective is Benadryl for Allergic reaction (Allergies)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is for Allergic reaction. The study is based on 422 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What is Benadryl
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,335 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Allergic reaction (latest reports from 7,001 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra, Loratadine, Singulair.
On Sep, 22, 2014: 422 people are studied for taking Benadryl in Allergic reaction
Benadryl effectiveness for Allergic reaction (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||73.93%||26.07% |
Age of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||0.47%||5.21%||6.40%||21.80%||23.22%||20.62%||14.45%||7.82% |
Who find Benadryl more effective for Allergic reaction?
Gender of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||76.40%||23.60% |
Age of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||0.00%||5.06%||5.62%||22.47%||21.91%||21.35%||14.04%||9.55% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction >>>
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have had rls for about 7 years. the first time I remember having it was after I had taken some pain reliever with a pm additive benedryl I think after that I began to have rls without taking the same above medication
From this study (6 months ago):
Been I'll for 9 months. Just recently found pneumonia. Can't afford dermatologist and do for doesn't know what the hives are. You can write with your finger on my skin and it will show up.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night.
I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent studies of taking Benadryl in Allergic Reaction on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Caffeine, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Allergies, Sleepy, Adhd. The patient has Anxious Parent
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Fluconazole, Benadryl, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Benzonatate, Prednisone, Levaquin for a patient with Asthma, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Allergies, Asthmatic Crisis, Cough, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Fatigue, Weakness, Diarrhea, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Benadryl, Suboxone, Elavil, Prilosec, Doxycycline, Neurontin, Lipitor, Zestril for a patient with Pneumonia Mycoplasmal, Allergies, Pain - Back, Headache, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hives, Neck Pain, Neck Swelling, Headache, Chest Pressure Sensation, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Celexa, Keppra Xr for a patient with Allergies, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Leg Cramping (Leg pain)
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Allergy. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss
More related studies for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent Allergic Reaction related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Allergic reaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.