Home > Allergic reaction > Benadryl > Benadryl for Allergic reaction
How effective is Benadryl for Allergic reaction (Allergies)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is for Allergic reaction. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 424 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction >>>
What is Benadryl
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Allergic reaction (latest reports from 7,047 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, Singulair, Allegra, Loratadine.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 424 people are studied for taking Benadryl in Allergic reaction
Benadryl effectiveness for Allergic reaction (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||73.82%||26.18% |
Age of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||0.47%||5.19%||6.37%||21.93%||23.11%||20.52%||14.39%||8.02% |
Who find Benadryl more effective for Allergic reaction?
Gender of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||76.40%||23.60% |
Age of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||0.00%||5.06%||5.62%||22.47%||21.91%||21.35%||14.04%||9.55% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 days ago):
CHILLS, NIGHT SWEATS, CANNOT SLEEP X 1 WEEK
From this study (5 months ago):
I have had rls for about 7 years. the first time I remember having it was after I had taken some pain reliever with a pm additive benedryl I think after that I began to have rls without taking the same above medication
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
More reviews for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent studies of taking Benadryl in Allergic Reaction on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Caffeine, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Allergies, Sleepy, Adhd. The patient has Anxious Parent
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Fluconazole, Benadryl, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Benzonatate, Prednisone, Levaquin for a patient with Asthma, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Allergies, Asthmatic Crisis, Cough, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Fatigue, Weakness, Diarrhea, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Benadryl, Suboxone, Elavil, Prilosec, Doxycycline, Neurontin, Lipitor, Zestril for a patient with Pneumonia Mycoplasmal, Allergies, Pain - Back, Headache, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hives, Neck Pain, Neck Swelling, Headache, Chest Pressure Sensation, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Celexa, Keppra Xr for a patient with Allergies, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Leg Cramping (Leg pain)
More related studies for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent Allergic Reaction related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.