Home > Allergic reaction > Benadryl > Benadryl for Allergic reaction
How effective is Benadryl for Allergic reaction (Allergies)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is for Allergic reaction. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 424 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction >>>
What is Benadryl
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Allergic reaction (latest reports from 7,047 patients) can be treated by Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, Singulair, Allegra, Loratadine.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 424 people are studied for taking Benadryl in Allergic reaction
Benadryl effectiveness for Allergic reaction (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||73.82%||26.18% |
Age of people who take Benadryl for Allergic reaction * :
|Allergic reaction||0.47%||5.19%||6.37%||21.93%||23.11%||20.52%||14.39%||8.02% |
Who find Benadryl more effective for Allergic reaction?
Gender of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||76.40%||23.60% |
Age of people who find Benadryl more effective * :
|Allergic reaction||0.00%||5.06%||5.62%||22.47%||21.91%||21.35%||14.04%||9.55% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Can eczema of scalp cause headaches
I had had headaches for some weeks with burning sensation of hairline and scalp which has now been diagmpsed as eczema of the scalp. Inflamation markers are up in blood count
- Is there allergy medicines that you should not take with vwd
I am wondering what can be taken for allergies or medication I should avoid for people with von willebrands?
- Have benadryl users ever experienced sudden onset hearing loss in one ear? does i hearing return?
I've been taking Benadryl tablets to control intense itching for the past two months or so. My last tablet was 2 days ago. Today, over the course of 2 hours, I've lost a significant amount of hearing in one ear. Has anyone else experienced this? Was your hearing restored, and if so, with treatmen ...
- How do you know for sure benadryl caused the hair loss
I'm 36 years old and have been taking Benadryl to help sleep for 6-8 months, 4-5 nights a week. The past couple months I've noticed a ton of shedding especially around my crown towards the mid to back of my part and now see my scalp through the hair that is still there. I'm starting to panic and ha ...
- Can i take saphris with sudafed and benadryl
Is it ok to take sudafed and Benadryl cold and flu tablets with saphris bipolar tablets?
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- Hallucination reaction
In July I had a horrible hallucination reaction due to the medication I take, I take the Risperdal, Zoloft, and Xanax at night due to my anxiety and depression and the lidocaine Benadryl and there was one more drug. those three were combined for a special mouthwash called magic mouth wash. Do you t ...
- I am in recovery and can't have alcohol in any form. flonase says that it contains phenylethyl alcohol. i have to take the medication for allergies but i am allergic to alcohol is this real alcohol it
I just want to know if it is safe for an alcoholic to take Flonase or will it be considered or lead to a relapse.
More questions for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Lansoprazole and vitamin c drug interactions
Whenever I use a gastric ulcer or gastric acid treatment drug and eat any food that contains vitamine C, like lemon, orange, etc. I get a strong skin allergy with swollen insecbyte type itching redness, that lasts about two days for each one.
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night.
I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent studies of taking Benadryl in Allergic Reaction on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Caffeine, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with Allergies, Sleepy, Adhd. The patient has Anxious Parent
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Fluconazole, Benadryl, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Benzonatate, Prednisone, Levaquin for a patient with Asthma, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Allergies, Asthmatic Crisis, Cough, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Fatigue, Weakness, Diarrhea, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting)
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Benadryl, Suboxone, Elavil, Prilosec, Doxycycline, Neurontin, Lipitor, Zestril for a patient with Pneumonia Mycoplasmal, Allergies, Pain - Back, Headache, Hiatal Hernia, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hives, Neck Pain, Neck Swelling, Headache, Chest Pressure Sensation, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Celexa, Keppra Xr for a patient with Allergies, Depression, Epilepsy. The patient has Leg Cramping (Leg pain)
More related studies for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
Recent Allergic Reaction related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Singulair for a 24-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Allegra, Zyrtec, Claritin for a 70-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Dramamine, Allegra D 24 Hour for a 23-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Astepro, Nasacort Allergy 24 Hour for a 83-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Allegra D 24 Hour for a 69-year old man who has Allergy
- Comparions of Hycodan, Singulair for a 68-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Benadryl for a 9-year old girl who has Allergies
- Comparions of Nasacort, Omnaris for a 57-year old woman who has Allergy
- Comparions of Plant Estrogen, Prednisone for a 49-year old woman who has Allergies
- Comparions of Allegra, Sulfasalazine for a 46-year old woman who has Allergy
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Allergic reaction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (15 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (52 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored