Home > Ankylosing spondylitis > Remicade > Remicade for Ankylosing spondylitis
How effective is Remicade for Ankylosing spondylitis?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Remicade (infliximab) is for Ankylosing spondylitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 55 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Remicade for Ankylosing spondylitis >>>
What is Remicade
Remicade (latest outcomes from 85,483 users) has active ingredients of infliximab. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Ankylosing spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine) (latest reports from 30,811 patients) can be treated by Humira, Enbrel, Remicade, Sulfasalazine, Celebrex, Methotrexate.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 55 people are studied for taking Remicade in Ankylosing spondylitis
Remicade effectiveness for Ankylosing spondylitis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Remicade for Ankylosing spondylitis * :
|Ankylosing spondylitis||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who take Remicade for Ankylosing spondylitis * :
|Ankylosing spondylitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.73%||23.64%||29.09%||27.27%||7.27% |
Who find Remicade more effective for Ankylosing spondylitis?
Gender of people who find Remicade more effective * :
|Ankylosing spondylitis||57.14%||42.86% |
Age of people who find Remicade more effective * :
|Ankylosing spondylitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||28.57%||28.57%||14.29% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anybody had multi lobar pneumonia from reaction to methotrexate?
Bilateral multilobar pneumonia - rheumatologist considers it was caused by a reaction to methotrexate I was taking for ankylosing spondylitis and I was lucky to survive. Anyone have this and later shown to have scarring of the lungs?
- Has anyone had problems with blood work eg. elevated levels of lymphocytes?
Had further blood work done and nothing showed up? tested for viral infections mono hiv cmv toxoplasmosis all neg. surface immunophenotyping by flow cytometry done nothing there any answers here?
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Accutane could cause alteration of chromosone 6 resulting in hla b27 antigen
Start taking Accutane 1982 first experimental group
Note of symptoms start of early menopause age 42
Herpes simplex blisters due to heat
Daughter started Accutane at 16 when I was experiencing my menopause ...
- I had decompression surgery in 2001; finding i have worsening of neuropathy, " jolting sensations in legs especially" increases with biologics. joint pain vs. headaches and neuropathy...anyone else?
Joint pain is helped with certain meds, biologics, plaquenil, but headaches, irritibility, and jolting sensations in legs and spine become unbearable. Is it from chiari? Anyone else with similiar stories?
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
- Can swollen lymph nodes in pelvic region be due to ankylosing spondylitis?
I have several swollen lymph nodes in my pelvic region that have been there approximately 4 months. I am also nauseated and in moderately severe pain in lower back and pelvic . Can spondylitis be the cause?
- I am experiencing myelodysplastic syndrome symptoms but it is said that it doesn't typically get diagnosed for people my age. although everything is spot on and i need to know whats wrong.
I have been doing remicade treatments for about four years now. Lately I have gotten a UTI, an I get random bruises every single day, I also get super tired, my body aches, and I get fevers for hours on end without them breaking. I have no idea whats wrong because this has never happened before but ...
- Does anyone know how to treat a swollen foot?
I have been on Remicade for 6 months and I am now i am thinking i am having side effects from this drug! My left foot swollen and very painful. Has anyone experienced any side effects like this?
- What can cause a negative result when taking clonopin
I take clonazepam and it has not shown up on a urine test. What can cause this?
More questions for: Remicade, Ankylosing spondylitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Humira: my experience
I have had some form of arthritis probably since birth. My father and maternal grandfather had some form of arthritis. I began to realize pain in both ankles if I stood or walked too long.
I began taking many NSAIDs when I was around 22. I've done gold, prednisone (twice), plaquenil, butazoidin, ...
More reviews for: Remicade, Ankylosing spondylitis
Recent studies of taking Remicade in Ankylosing Spondylitis on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Remicade for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Memory Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Topamax, Gabapentin, Remicade for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Migraine, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Migraine, Sacral Pain, Hip Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Remicade, Remicade, Prednisone, Prednisone for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Hyperhidrosis, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Remicade for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Elevated Potassium (Hyperkalemia)
More related studies for: Remicade, Ankylosing spondylitis
Recent Ankylosing Spondylitis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 23-year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Humira, Enbrel, Simponi, Cimzia, Remicade for a 35-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Percocet, Morphine Sulfate for a 54-year old woman who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Comparions of Ginseng, American, Enbrel for a 54-year old man who has Spondylitis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Remicade, Sulfasalazine for a 48-year old man who has Ankylosing Spondylitis
More related comparison studies for: Remicade, Ankylosing spondylitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (59 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning
- Heart Rate Increased
- Postictal State
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Indocin Sr