Review: how effective is Buspar for Anxiety?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
Long term ratings: 3.2/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Buspar (buspirone hydrochloride) is for Anxiety. The study is based on 425 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What is Buspar
Buspar (latest outcomes from 10,963 users) has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. Common side effects of Buspar include nausea, nausea aggravated, depression, stress and anxiety, anxiety aggravated.
Anxiety (latest reports from 1,276,098 patients) is typically treated by Xanax, Klonopin, Clonazepam, Lexapro, Ativan, Lorazepam.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 425 people are studied for taking Buspar in Anxiety
Buspar effectiveness for Anxiety (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Buspar for Anxiety * :
Age of people who take Buspar for Anxiety * :
Who find Buspar more effective for Anxiety?
Gender of people who find Buspar more effective * :
Age of people who find Buspar more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Related topic: Buspar, Anxiety
See which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
depression, anxiety, adhd, L4-5 black disc with impingement
From this study (7 days ago):
underwent surgery for spinal stenosis of cervical region
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Had been taking Metoprolol Succinate with no problems since March 2010. Since starting to take Effient and Crestor in october 2013 severe Diarrhea occurred which caused pain and cramping, and excess gas.
its also noted that any sore, cut, bruise take a lot longer to heal.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Buspar, Anxiety
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ocd / anxiety sufferer
I have the following 'fake' symptoms because of my OCD/anxiety:
- neck stiffness
- scalp pain
- memory problems
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Insomnia from warfarin sodium?
Knee replacement two months ago and taking coumadin (warfarin, 6 mg daily). Had problems sleeping at night I initially attributed to some discomfort with knee replacement. At rehab location for three weeks then came home. Hard time sleeping at night. Watch TV most of night. Some anxiety and would ...
More reviews for: Buspar, Anxiety
Recent studies of taking Buspar in Anxiety on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic (Hemolytic anemia), Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence (Bowel incontinence), Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain (Joint pain), Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Vistaril, Buspar, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Sexual Dysfunction Nos (Erection problems)
- A study of side effects of Buspar for a patient with Anxiety. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen)
More related studies for: Buspar, Anxiety
Recent Anxiety related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.