Home > Atrial fibrillation > Toprol-xl > Toprol-xl for Atrial fibrillation
How effective is Toprol-xl for Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Overall ratings: 3.5/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate) is for Atrial fibrillation. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 46 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Toprol-xl for Atrial fibrillation >>>
What is Toprol-xl
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,719 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 389,490 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 46 people are studied for taking Toprol-xl in Atrial fibrillation
Toprol-xl effectiveness for Atrial fibrillation (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Toprol-xl for Atrial fibrillation * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||8.70%||28.26%||54.35% |
Who find Toprol-xl more effective for Atrial fibrillation?
Age of people who find Toprol-xl more effective * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||13.04%||34.78%||43.48% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
each of the three drugs are used per instructions: one every 12 hrs.
atrial fibrillation was diagnosed 5 years ago
Pacemaker was installed one month ago.
From this study (7 months ago):
on 3L 02 by nasal cannula for severe aortic stenosis and severe mitral stenosis
From this study (7 months ago):
Can daily intake of 25mg metoprolol succinate cause a higher PSA or PSA free reading?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Toprol-xl, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
More reviews for: Toprol-xl, Atrial fibrillation
Recent studies of taking Toprol-xl in Atrial Fibrillation on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Eliquis, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Very Fast Hart Rate In Morning; Long Pauses In Afternoon
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Ventolin Hfa, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Coumadin, Demadex, Synthroid, Glimepiride, Singulair, Tylenol, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Digitalis, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypercholesterolaemia, Dyspnea, Nutrition - Inadequate, Vitamin D Decreased, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Nasal Allergies, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Atrial Fibrillation And Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy (Drowsiness), Obtunded (Consciousness - decreased), Insomnia, Daydreaming, Delirium
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Simvastatin, Digoxin, Cardizem, Magnesium Oxide, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Klor-con, Furosemide for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycet, Metformin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Nerve Pain, Diabetes, Depression, Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Alvesco, Omnaris, Metoprolol Succinate, Ranexa for a patient with Asthma, Atrial Flutter, Chest Pain. The patient has Edema (Swelling), Rales
More related studies for: Toprol-xl, Atrial fibrillation
Recent Atrial Fibrillation related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Toprol-xl, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.