Home > Atrial flutter > Cardizem > Cardizem for Atrial flutter
How effective is Cardizem for Atrial flutter (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cardizem (diltiazem hydrochloride) is for Atrial flutter. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 21 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cardizem for Atrial flutter >>>
What is Cardizem
Cardizem (latest outcomes from 16,418 users) has active ingredients of diltiazem hydrochloride. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Atrial flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) can be treated by Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin, Flecainide Acetate, Digoxin, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Pradaxa.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 21 people are studied for taking Cardizem in Atrial flutter
Cardizem effectiveness for Atrial flutter (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Cardizem for Atrial flutter * :
|Atrial flutter||42.86%||57.14% |
Age of people who take Cardizem for Atrial flutter * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||14.29%||9.52%||71.43% |
Who find Cardizem more effective for Atrial flutter?
Gender of people who find Cardizem more effective * :
|Atrial flutter||22.22%||77.78% |
Age of people who find Cardizem more effective * :
|Atrial flutter||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||0.00%||88.89% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a-fib after taking benadryl. i've been off it for a few days, but flutters remain. how long does it last?
I took 6 pills a day for a week, have been off medication for several days, but A-Fib symptoms continue.
- Dabigatran,rivaroxaban, apixaban (eliquis) or aspirin - which is most suitable for a patient with af (atrial fibrilation), left subdural hematoma, right ischemic stroke with hemorehagic transformation
My grandmother have Atrial Fibrillation (AF) and suffered a ischemic CVA stroke with hemorrhagic transformation on right brain this week. She also had left sudural hematoma for some time now, due to which Asprin (ecospirin-75) that she was taking because of her AF was stopped and I believe that stop ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Will marijuana trigger my afib
When I smoke pot will this aggravate my afib? This occurred last night after smoking a one hitter a couple of times and lasted 4-5 hours.
- Are atrial fibrillation and erectile dysfunction related?
I want to know whether those who have atrial fibrillation also suffer from erectile dysfunction, or vice-versa.
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- How do xarelto and potassium interact?
I have to take Xarelto for my atrial filrillation, but I also have leg cramps at night. Do the 2 drugs (Xarelto and piotassium) have any bad effect on each other?
- Is morphine used for painless atria fibrillatin
entered hospital without any pain had cough which caused some shortness of breath otherwise felt well advised by PCP to drive to hospital to get checked out was admitted to hospital -received morphine -two days later nurse advised me my blood pressure was way to low- later same day had ischemic str ...
More questions for: Cardizem, Atrial flutter
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Turmeric and atrial fabrillation
I am a "health nut" who has always avoided any and all tobacco and alcohol, am on no medication, am on a reasonably purer diet (organic foods etc.,) and daily take and assortment of vitamins, minerals and a few herbs like garlic and saw palmetto. I had recently began taking therapeutic doses of Tur ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Hydrocodone and a-fib
After having two strokes and was given pain and burning on my right side but still had full use of limbs and speech, memory etc. That was in 2003 and I still have the pain and burning in my larger muscle groups every day, every hour of the day. I have tried the many different pain management progr ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Nausea with felodipine
I am incapacitated by nausea and headaches until mid afternoon. I take 5 mg felodipine each night about 11 pm. What can I do to manage it.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Levitra affect on atrail fibrulation
On Levitra 4 days 20mg for prostate issues AF flated up after the fourth day. Urine flow was back to normal after a month on antibiotic, enlarged Protate.
No affect on increasing ER.
- My near-death experience with disopyramide phosphate
I experienced extreme toxicity requiring Emergency Room treatment and intensive care (6 days). I was not expected to live, with liver and kidney failure and hypoglycemia (Glucose level was 27 before entering hospital). A Billings, Montana cardiologist prescribed Disopyramide Phosphate in August 2011 ...
More reviews for: Cardizem, Atrial flutter
Recent studies of taking Cardizem in Atrial Flutter on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Wellbutrin Sr, Tenormin, Cardizem Cd for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depression - Elderly, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of drug interactions between Naturetin-5, Gliclazide, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Xarelto for a patient with Oedema, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation, Stroke Prevention. The patient has Nausea, Gutsache
- A study of drug interactions between Eliquis, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Very Fast Hart Rate In Morning; Long Pauses In Afternoon
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Fluticasone Propionate, Livalo, Hydrochlorothiazide, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sinusitis, Hypertension, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Anxiety
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Ventolin Hfa, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Coumadin, Demadex, Synthroid, Glimepiride, Singulair, Tylenol, Metoprolol Succinate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Digitalis, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Hypercholesterolaemia, Dyspnea, Nutrition - Inadequate, Vitamin D Decreased, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Nasal Allergies, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Atrial Fibrillation And Chf, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy, Obtunded, Insomnia, Daydreaming, Delirium
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Lisinopril
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Dha, Centrum Silver, Cardizem Cd for a patient with Memory Impairment, Memory Aids, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Depression, Confusion, Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Simvastatin, Digoxin, Cardizem, Magnesium Oxide, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Klor-con, Furosemide for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Cough
More related studies for: Cardizem, Atrial flutter
Recent Atrial Flutter related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Cardizem, Atrial flutter
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (9 minutes ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (33 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (46 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
- Burning Sensation and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (5 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (8 hours ago)
- Completed Suicide
- Peritoneal Cloudy Effluent
- Biopsy Artery Abnormal
- Isoproterenol Hydrochloride
- Eosinophilic Pneumonia