Home > Barrett's esophagus > Aciphex > Aciphex for Barrett's esophagus
How effective is Aciphex for Barrett's esophagus?
Summary: 12 Aciphex users have rated its effectiveness for Barrett's esophagus.
Overall ratings: 4.1/5
Long term ratings: 4.0/5
This is a review of how effective Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium) is for Barrett's esophagus and for what kind of people. The study is created by eHealthMe and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aciphex for Barrett's esophagus >>>
What is Aciphex
Aciphex (latest outcomes from 12,007 users) has active ingredients of rabeprazole sodium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Barrett's esophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach) can be treated by Nexium, Omeprazole, Aciphex, Dexilant, Protonix, Prilosec. (view latest reports from 220 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 12 people are studied for taking Aciphex in Barrett's esophagus
Aciphex effectiveness for Barrett's esophagus (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Aciphex for Barrett's esophagus * :
|Barrett's esophagus||58.33%||41.67% |
Age of people who take Aciphex for Barrett's esophagus * :
|Barrett's esophagus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||8.33%||66.67% |
Who find Aciphex more effective for Barrett's esophagus?
Gender of people who find Aciphex more effective * :
|Barrett's esophagus||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who find Aciphex more effective * :
|Barrett's esophagus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||60.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus, and takes Omeprazole)
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
- Is their anyway of reliefing the urge of move pain, in my legs?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Burning Sensation In Legs, Urge To Move My Legs, Can't Contentration , Tiredness, and takes Rabeprazole, Phenergan W/ Codeine)
I am a 18 year old girl, that recently started having trouble sleeping. I have the urge to move every minute. When i stop moving i get a burning senseation that won't leave till i move my legs again. I experienced it when i was younger around 10 years old and than stopped, and now it has come back i ...
- Is clomid safe to take while on seroquel, valium, achiphex, & methadone 35mg?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Infertility Female, Liver Disease, Hemochromotosis, Hypertention, Chronic Hepatitis, and takes Clomiphene Citrate, Methadone Hydrochloride, Aciphex, Valium, Atenolol)
i am worried about taking clomid w any of this meds., especially seroquel. Though, I do not take on regular basis.
More questions for: Aciphex, Barrett's esophagus
More reviews for: Aciphex, Barrett's esophagus
Recent studies of taking Aciphex in Barrett's Esophagus (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Enalapril Maleate, Atenolol for a patient with Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Preventive Surgery, Hypertension, Palpitations. The patient has Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Have To Think To Breathe, Lightheadedness, Bradycardia
Comments: I am menopausal. Some night sweats, emotional issues, occasional depression. I am usually at a HR of 80 and sometimes I have pvcs and pacs (tested benign). I have occasional tachycardia. Recently I have begun having spells where I feel light-headed, kind of like I need to think to breathe,(like when ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec Otc, Lorazepam for a patient with Barrett's Esophagus, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper
Comments: Had upper GI endoscopy and found Barrett's and an ulcer in lower stomach and take 1-2 Prilosec a day but still have upper abdominal pain. I had blood test and sonogram but came back normal and dr doesn't know what it is. When I lay on my back it hurts but goes away when I turn on my side.
- A study of side effects of Nexium for a patient with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: One year ago I took Nexium for Barrett's esophagus for six weeks. I still have the side effects of severe shortness of breath, dizziness, and fatigue. Because of this, I cannot go anyplace or do very much. Because of the dizziness, I had to stop driving.
- A study of side effects of Dexilant for a patient with Barrett's Esophagus. The patient has Itching
Comments: dry itching skin... arms legs face hands feet back. took dexilant for 5weeks when i was first diagnosed with barrets esohpagus. Went of the medicine due to insurance and took pantoprazole... severe itching went off this medicine for 30 days. just started with the dexilant again. i did not have it ...
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
Comments: I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
More related studies for: Aciphex, Barrett's esophagus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (11 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (20 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)