Home > Bipolar 1 > Neurontin > Neurontin for Bipolar 1
How effective is Neurontin for Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 2.9/5
Long term ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Neurontin (gabapentin) is for Bipolar 1. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 >>>
What is Neurontin
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,750 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
Bipolar 1 (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 17,743 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Neurontin in Bipolar 1
Neurontin effectiveness for Bipolar 1 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||9.09%||36.36%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27% |
Who find Neurontin more effective for Bipolar 1?
Gender of people who find Neurontin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Neurontin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Did anyone stop losing hair after being off gabapentin?
I had been taking gabapentin for interstitial cystitis. I had only been on it for 5 months and a couple of months in I noticed everytime I took a shower tons of hair was coming out and when ever I ran my fingers through my hair I always had a lot of hair come out then too. It has become very dry an ...
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Does neurontin cause arthritis. after taking it for 3 months, i started ints.
After having sciatic pain for almost a year, a doctor prescribed Neurontin. I took it for 3 months until I started getting severe joint pain. I weened myself off of it a month ago and am still having severe joint pain. There has not been any other changes in my life except Neurontin. Does this go ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- What are effects of gabapentin when taking stress test?
I am seeing a neurologist, and have been referred to a cardiologist before final diagnosis. My initial test was good, but the cardiologist recommended I have a stress test to complete his evaluation.
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
More questions for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Prescribed drugs side effect
I have been on these 2 drugs (Gabapentin and Baclofen) prescribed by my gp for osteoarthritis and nerve damage in my full back.Now also suffering from the grief of losing my beloved companion Harvey (dog),I was diagnosed with deep depression. I was given fluoxetine and have been taking this for alm ...
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Gralise-visual hallucinations
1st dose started while sleeping. Accompanied by disorientation and balance problems. Woke from sleep crying.
- Good medication no side effects
Best ever no side effects I love latuda it works for my bipolar disorder depression and viagra works with it
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Off label use of drugs for peripheral neuropathy causing memory loss
I have peripheral neuropathy with standard symptoms of burning, tingling, stabbing pain on the tops of my feet. I have had this condition for over 15 years getting worse over time. The last 5 years I have seen a couple of doctors and through trial and error we settled on a combination of Savella and ...
More reviews for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
Recent studies of taking Neurontin in Bipolar 1 on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirapex, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Meloxicam, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Lansoprazole, Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin Hfa, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Baclofen, Glipizide, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Asthma Nos, Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Fluid Retention, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Muscle Spams, Allergy Prophylaxis, Bipolar 1. The patient has Frequent Headaches
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Neurontin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 1. The patient has Short Bones
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Liothyronine Sodium, Adderall Xr 30, Folic Acid, Niacin And Niacinamide, Inositol, Emsam, Lorazepam, Victoza for a patient with Bipolar 1. The patient has Emsam And Prozac And Adderall And Lorazepam
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Zyprexa, Depakote Er, Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 1, Paranoia, Epileptic Psychosis, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional
More related studies for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
Recent Bipolar 1 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperdal, Geodon, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Abilify for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Seroquel, Geodon for a 30-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Haldol, Celexa, Seroquel Xr, Saphris for a 36-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Geodon, Risperdal, Abilify for a 20-year old man who has Bipolar 1
- Comparions of Latuda, Abilify for a 44-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of L-carnitine Propionyl, L-Taurine, Lithium Carbonate for a 35-year old woman who has Bipolar 1
- Comparions of Insulin, Actos, Depakote Er for a 51-year old man who has Bipolar I Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Tegretol, Depakote, Topamax for a 46-year old woman who has Bipolar I Disorder
More related comparison studies for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.