How effective is Neurontin for Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 2.9/5
Long term ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Neurontin (gabapentin) is for Bipolar 1. The study is based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 >>>
What is Neurontin
Neurontin (latest outcomes from 57,743 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain.
Bipolar 1 (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 17,820 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Neurontin in Bipolar 1
Neurontin effectiveness for Bipolar 1 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||63.64%||36.36% |
Age of people who take Neurontin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||9.09%||36.36%||0.00%||9.09%||27.27% |
Who find Neurontin more effective for Bipolar 1?
Gender of people who find Neurontin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Neurontin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
muscle twitching, pain, jimmy legs,
From this study (1 year ago):
I believe the Gabapentin is causing headaches.
From this study (2 years ago):
it seems to be getting worse, im on neurontin for bipolar off label use
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Neurotin and venous insufficiency
I have been on neurotin/gabapentin for 8 years with in the last 3 years I have developed venous insufficiency with reoccurring ulcers near my ankle bones both on the medial and lateral sides of the ankles.I have endured 2 ablations. The first in the left leg for the lesser saphenous vein and one on ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Gralise-visual hallucinations
1st dose started while sleeping. Accompanied by disorientation and balance problems. Woke from sleep crying.
More reviews for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
Recent studies of taking Neurontin in Bipolar 1 on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Mirapex, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Meloxicam, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Lansoprazole, Montelukast Sodium, Symbicort, Ventolin Hfa, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Baclofen, Glipizide, Gabapentin for a patient with Pain, Asthma Nos, Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Fluid Retention, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus, Muscle Spams, Allergy Prophylaxis, Bipolar 1. The patient has Frequent Headaches (Headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Neurontin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 1. The patient has Short Bones
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Liothyronine Sodium, Adderall Xr 30, Folic Acid, Niacin And Niacinamide, Inositol, Emsam, Lorazepam, Victoza for a patient with Bipolar 1. The patient has Emsam And Prozac And Adderall And Lorazepam
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Zyprexa, Depakote Er, Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 1, Paranoia, Epileptic Psychosis, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional
More related studies for: Neurontin, Bipolar 1
Recent Bipolar 1 related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.