Home > Bipolar 1 > Wellbutrin > Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1
How effective is Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.7/5
Long term ratings: 4.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is for Bipolar 1. The study is based on 21 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What is Wellbutrin
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,842 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Bipolar 1 (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 17,820 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 21 people are studied for taking Wellbutrin in Bipolar 1
Wellbutrin effectiveness for Bipolar 1 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||14.29%||28.57%||19.05%||28.57%||4.76% |
Who find Wellbutrin more effective for Bipolar 1?
Age of people who find Wellbutrin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||15.38%||23.08%||38.46%||7.69% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 >>>
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Left kidney pain for several days with a marked inability to urinate & a significant amount of blood in my urine
From this study (10 months ago):
Increase in breast size since taking yaz.
From this study (11 months ago):
Was taking all three. Can there be any interactions with taking these three medications together
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Is dramamine ok to take with afib
I want to take Dramamine for dizziness....is it ok with all these other meds. I have afib
- Exercise intolerance
I've been running for 2 years and recently it has become harder to run and I've lost 45 seconds off my pace. It's harder becuase my hips/.thighs hurt and not because of reduced lung capacity. It isn't temperature related. I've been taking 40 mg Prozac, 450 mg Wellbutrin, and .5 mg Xanax XR for 4 y ...
More questions for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Wellbutrin buproprion two suicide attempts
Started taking Buproprion and almost immediately had suicide ideation but didn't connect it to the med. Did not want to be here anymore and one week later tried to OD but woke up in the morning. Two weeks later wrote a suicide note to my therapist and again tried to OD. She called the police and t ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
Recent studies of taking Wellbutrin in Bipolar 1 on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Ativan, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Trileptal, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Adhd, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Kidney Stones
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Wellbutrin Xl, Diazepam, Seroquel Xr, Yaz for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar 1, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Stuffy Nose (Nasal congestion), Abdominal Bloating, Social Avoidant Behaviour, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Nausea And Vomiting, Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Effexor, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Bipolar 1. The patient has Skin Rash (Rashes)
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Abilify, Equetro, Wellbutrin Xl, Escitalopram, Lorazepam, Avonex, Baclofen, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Percocet, Lortab, Nexium, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Ondansetron, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Multiple Sclerosis, Wrist Surgery, Endometriosis, Gerd, Ibs, Nausea And Vomiting, Allergic Sinusitis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Insipidus, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Bipolar 1. The patient has Vyvanse, Celexa
More related studies for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
Recent Bipolar 1 related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.