How effective is Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 (Bipolar I Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.7/5
Long term ratings: 4.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is for Bipolar 1. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 21 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 >>>
What is Wellbutrin
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,897 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Bipolar 1 (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode) (latest reports from 17,743 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Abilify, Depakote.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 21 people are studied for taking Wellbutrin in Bipolar 1
Wellbutrin effectiveness for Bipolar 1 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Wellbutrin for Bipolar 1 * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||4.76%||14.29%||28.57%||19.05%||28.57%||4.76% |
Who find Wellbutrin more effective for Bipolar 1?
Age of people who find Wellbutrin more effective * :
|Bipolar 1||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||15.38%||23.08%||38.46%||7.69% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wellbutrin caused my trigeminal neurlagia
So I'm writing this to hopefully shed light to other users in the same position I was in. I had taken Wellbutrin for about 4 years. The pain experienced in my face was excruciatingly painful. It was just on one side of my face between my temple and upper lip. All the symptoms reflected Trigeminal Ne ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
More reviews for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
Recent studies of taking Wellbutrin in Bipolar 1 on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Ativan, Adderall 20, Wellbutrin Xl, Trileptal, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Adhd, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Kidney Stones
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Wellbutrin Xl, Diazepam, Seroquel Xr, Yaz for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar 1, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Stuffy Nose, Abdominal Bloating, Social Avoidant Behaviour, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Nausea And Vomiting, Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Effexor, Wellbutrin Sr for a patient with Birth Control And Family Planning, Bipolar 1. The patient has Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote Er, Abilify, Equetro, Wellbutrin Xl, Escitalopram, Lorazepam, Avonex, Baclofen, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Percocet, Lortab, Nexium, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Diphenoxylate Hydrochloride And Atropine Sulfate, Ondansetron, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Fluticasone Propionate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder, Multiple Sclerosis, Wrist Surgery, Endometriosis, Gerd, Ibs, Nausea And Vomiting, Allergic Sinusitis, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Insipidus, Deficiency - Folic Acid, Folic Acid Deficiency, Calcium Deficiency. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Bipolar 1. The patient has Vyvanse, Celexa
More related studies for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
Recent Bipolar 1 related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Wellbutrin, Bipolar 1
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.