Home > Bipolar 2 > Cymbalta > Cymbalta for Bipolar 2
How effective is Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 (Bipolar Ii Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is for Bipolar 2. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 27 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
What is Cymbalta
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,176 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Bipolar 2 (characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression) (latest reports from 3,977 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Abilify, Seroquel Xr.
On Sep, 23, 2014: 27 people are studied for taking Cymbalta in Bipolar 2
Cymbalta effectiveness for Bipolar 2 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 * :
|Bipolar 2||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.81%||14.81%||29.63%||29.63%||11.11% |
Who find Cymbalta more effective for Bipolar 2?
Age of people who find Cymbalta more effective * :
|Bipolar 2||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||37.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 >>>
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Rapid loss of vision in left eye,blurred vision
From this study (4 months ago):
I've gained about 25 lbs since starting Cymbalta. I've never gained this much weight before. Though it did help my depression, it also seemed to affect appetite.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
Recent studies of taking Cymbalta in Bipolar 2 on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Chloropsia (a visual defect in which all objects appear green)
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lamictal, Folate, Wellbutrin Xl, Wellbutrin Xl, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Fish Oil for a patient with Bipolar 2, High Density Lipoprotein, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Cymbalta, Seroquel Xr, Clonazepam for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Nausea, Headaches (Headache), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Lithium Carbonate, Cymbalta, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Levothroid, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar 2, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (Tinnitus)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
Recent Bipolar 2 related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bipolar 2
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.