Home > Bipolar 2 > Cymbalta > Cymbalta for Bipolar 2
How effective is Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 (Bipolar Ii Disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) is for Bipolar 2. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 27 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 >>>
What is Cymbalta
Cymbalta (latest outcomes from 49,215 users) has active ingredients of duloxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
Bipolar 2 (characterized by at least one episode of hypomania and at least one episode of major depression) (latest reports from 4,009 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Abilify, Seroquel Xr.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 27 people are studied for taking Cymbalta in Bipolar 2
Cymbalta effectiveness for Bipolar 2 (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Cymbalta for Bipolar 2 * :
|Bipolar 2||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.81%||14.81%||29.63%||29.63%||11.11% |
Who find Cymbalta more effective for Bipolar 2?
Age of people who find Cymbalta more effective * :
|Bipolar 2||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||37.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- Cymbalta side effects
This summer I was put on Cymbalta 65mg because of anxiety. Boy what a mistake (at least for me). I went from a fairly normal life to a life of depression, suicidal thoughts, vertigo, nausea, pain the the back and neck, no energy, no appetite, fatigue, withdrawal from life, fear of dying etc, etc, ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Which issue has caused my periodontitis, my fibromyalgia or spinal stenosis?
At the age of 38 yrs old, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Spinal Stenosis. Obviously I had both of the disease for some years, and was struggling with the pain and symptoms for some time before I finally got checked, went through years being told they didn't find anything, told I had Herniated ...
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
- Hit and miss sleep with dextroamphetamine
Started drug 2 months ago and have seen an improvement in my focus. Ziprosidone for my depression causes me to get dead tired by 7 pm. Once I started taking Dextroamphetamine I started having insomnia 2 times a week. I think I would rather sleep early than stay up all night and then try and stay a ...
More reviews for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
Recent studies of taking Cymbalta in Bipolar 2 on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Chloropsia (a visual defect in which all objects appear green)
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lamictal, Folate, Wellbutrin Xl, Wellbutrin Xl, Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Fish Oil for a patient with Bipolar 2, High Density Lipoprotein, Gerd, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Cymbalta, Seroquel Xr, Clonazepam for a patient with Bipolar 2. The patient has Nausea, Headaches (Headache), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Lack Of Concentration (Poor Concentration), Irritability
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Lithium Carbonate, Cymbalta, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Levothroid, Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar 2, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (Tinnitus)
More related studies for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
Recent Bipolar 2 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Marijuana, Adderall 30, Lithium Carbonate for a 35-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Depakote for a 31-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Depakote, Topamax, Bladderwrack, Risperdal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Risperidone, Invega Sustenna, Lithium Carbonate for a 20-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Lyrica, Lamictal for a 31-year old woman who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 51-year old woman who has Bipolar 2
- Comparions of Clonidine, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Diazepam, Tegretol, Cymbalta for a 52-year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
More related comparison studies for: Cymbalta, Bipolar 2
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome