Home > Bipolar > Tenex > Tenex for Bipolar
How effective is Tenex for Bipolar (Bipolar disorder)?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Tenex (guanfacine hydrochloride) is for Bipolar. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tenex for Bipolar >>>
What is Tenex
Tenex (latest outcomes from 1,113 users) has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Bipolar (mood disorder) (latest reports from 79,816 patients) can be treated by Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate, Seroquel, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Depakote.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 4 people are studied for taking Tenex in Bipolar
Tenex effectiveness for Bipolar (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Tenex for Bipolar * :
Age of people who take Tenex for Bipolar * :
Who find Tenex more effective for Bipolar?
Gender of people who find Tenex more effective * :
Age of people who find Tenex more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Tenex, Bipolar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Restless leg syndrome exasporation while on lovastatim.
I have been taking Lovastatin for 4 months and have had an increase in my Restless Leg Syndrome. It usually acts up in the afternoon when I'm relaxing. The symptoms seem to go away with rhythmic movement of the affected leg. Usually it is in only one leg at a time. I have also noted a fine tremo ...
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Lexapro and memory loss
I actually have no idea what other medicine I was on the week I took Lexapro, it was back at the end of February 2014 right before I checked myself into the psych hospital. I formed no memory for a whole week just because of one drug! My friends and family tell me what happened that week and I have ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- My t.d. and my living hell
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as fa ...
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 h ...
More reviews for: Tenex, Bipolar
Recent studies of taking Tenex in Bipolar on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Lithium Carbonate, Perphenazine, Tenex, Ritalin for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Sleepiness - During The Day, Mood Swings, Aggression, Fear, Focus, Social Fear, Reduced Appetite, Nausea In The Morning - Females, Poor Concentration, Oppositional Defiant Disorder
More related studies for: Tenex, Bipolar
Recent Bipolar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a 32-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Depakote, Seroquel XR for a 48-year old man who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Lamictal, Lithium Carbonate for a 50-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Thyroid, Zoloft, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Xanax for a 61-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Latuda, Risperdal for a 30-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Ranitidine, Prozac, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Abilify, Latuda for a 45-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Lamotrigine for a 52-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
More related comparison studies for: Tenex, Bipolar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (41 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Multiple Myeloma
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Joint Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis