Home > Blood clots > Aggrenox > Aggrenox for Blood clots
How effective is Aggrenox for Blood clots?
Overall ratings: 3.4/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Aggrenox (aspirin; dipyridamole) is for Blood clots. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 11 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aggrenox for Blood clots >>>
What is Aggrenox
Aggrenox (latest outcomes from 4,359 users) has active ingredients of aspirin; dipyridamole. It is often used in stroke.
Blood clots (latest reports from 2,568 patients) can be treated by Aspirin, Coumadin, Warfarin Sodium, Plavix, Pradaxa, Xarelto.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 11 people are studied for taking Aggrenox in Blood clots
Aggrenox effectiveness for Blood clots (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Aggrenox for Blood clots * :
|Blood clots||54.55%||45.45% |
Age of people who take Aggrenox for Blood clots * :
|Blood clots||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||0.00%||18.18%||72.73% |
Who find Aggrenox more effective for Blood clots?
Gender of people who find Aggrenox more effective * :
|Blood clots||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who find Aggrenox more effective * :
|Blood clots||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is aggrenox and xarelto the same?
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Aggrenox)
I suffered an acute stroke 7 months ago. I was put on Aggrenox and Coumadin. 2 moths ago I was taken off Coumadin and put on Xarelto 20mg. After now taking it and doing well, my cardiologist suggested that I stop taking Aggrenox and just take Xarelto and a baby aspirin. My stroke was caused by A-fib ...
- Can i take evista while i am on xarelto? i was treated for blood clots a month ago.
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Blood Clots, and takes Evista, Nexium, Synthroid, Hyzaar, Fenofibrate, Prozac)
Had blood clots in left leg & both lungs in late Jan 2014. Currently on 20mg Xarelto. I had been taking Evista for over 5 years, but did have a period of inactivity in Dec -Jan. Can I resume taking Evista? Breast cancer runs in my family. My Dr said he sees no problem resuming Evista, but I am ...
- Can aggrenox cause low blood pressure?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who takes Aggrenox)
She is taking for 4 days the head ache are extreme, also Nausea and low blood pressure.
- Can i take warfarin sodium 2.5mg, clopidogrel 75 mg, and asparin 81 mg at the same time?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Catheterisation Cardiac, Blood Clots, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Clopidogrel, Aspirin)
My blood pressure is 135/80. Cholestrol total is 127. HDL is 54. LDL is 60. My body weight is 160 lbs. My age is 68. In June 2013, I had a coated stent installed in my right coronary artery and doctor prescribed I take Clopidogrel 75 mg and 81 mg aspirin. On August 2013, I had a cardiogram which sh ...
- Is blurred vision related to clopidogrel, micardis and omeprazole?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Heart Fibrillation, Hypertension, Blood Clots, Low Potassium, Stomach Acid Test, High Choresterol, and takes Micardis, Clopidogrel, Omeprazole)
Vision gets blurred in bright light.
Glare on road driving car.
Looking at computer screen.
When the activity is not stopped I will get dizzy, lose balance and must lay down.
Condition disappears after rest and closing eyes.
More questions for: Aggrenox, Blood clots
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Aggrenox, Blood clots
Recent studies of taking Aggrenox in Blood Clots (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Aspirin, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Depression. The patient has Hypothermia
Comments: Body temp ranges between 34.1 to 35.7C
sessions of shivering
- A study of drug interactions between Paracetamol, Aspirin, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Blood Thinner, Depression. The patient has Intermiitent Cold Shivers, Hypothermia
Comments: Body temp ranges between 34.1 to 35.7 C
intermittent cold shivering
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
More related studies for: Aggrenox, Blood clots
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.