Home > Bph > Avodart > Avodart for Bph
How effective is Avodart for Bph (Enlarged Prostate)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Avodart (dutasteride) is for Bph. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 284 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Avodart for Bph >>>
What is Avodart
Avodart (latest outcomes from 8,555 users) has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Bph (latest reports from 41,940 patients) can be treated by Flomax, Avodart, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 284 people are studied for taking Avodart in Bph
Avodart effectiveness for Bph (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Avodart for Bph * :
Who find Avodart more effective for Bph?
Age of people who find Avodart more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- Is there a link between zyprexa and prostate cancer
Can Zyprexa have caused my Prostate Cancer? Can it be reversed or slowed by stopping Zyprexa?
- Does generic cialis effect kidneys, prostate, or persons with cholesterol
I worry that I may be further damaging my health. Taking generic cialis helps me retain interest, and it adds size to my flacid penis when at nudist beach, and therefore gives me more self confidence.
I also read bad stuff about atarax.
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
- Can a hrdyocele effect the prostate
I have had difficultly urinating so had a quick check up with my GP,After a examination,she said "your prostate is huge and hard" and stated that she thought I had prostate cancer,I have had a PSA test at 4.96 and went for a scan and will know more in a couple of weeks.I have a hernia operation 2 ye ...
- What is a safe cold medicine for someone with bph and open angle glaucoma
What is a safe cold medicine to use for someone with BPH and open angle glaucoma? I don't want to make either condition worse by taking the wrong
medcine or drug.
- The platelet count and avodark
after taking 5 months avodart (July 13 2009-Dec 13 2009), platelet has started drop down. the platelet is only 13x10e9/L right now.
Is the reason of platelet decrease due to avodart?
How can stop the platelet keep decrease if the reason caused by avodart?
- I started taking avodart and some time later i had a rash on my back and arms and later a had a tickling (paresthesia i think it´s called) all over my body. is this process logical? i stopped taking
I took Avodart several years ago, and I stopped after a while, because my doctor said it served no purpose. I don't remember correctly but I think I had then a sensation of itching. Several months ago I started again taking Avodart and some time later, I had a skin rash on my back and also the sens ...
More questions for: Avodart, Bph
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Avodart and thrombocytopenia
I have taken Avodart at a very low dose of 0.5 mg avery 4th day for the past 8 years. The Platelet count has dropped slowly during that time. But did not get below the normal range until 2 years ago. Stopping Avodart for 6 months allowed the Platelet count to increase 10%. But restarting Avodart for ...
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Enlarged prostate psa dropped from 4.0 to 3.0
My PSA dropped from 4.0 to 3.0 after 1) reducing my intake of bread and bread products. 2) taking ginger root in the form of crystalized ginger 3) making my own bread. The flour i used was from fresh ground wheat berries.
- Effects of eliminating folic acid
After my doctor recommended I be treated for an enlarged prostate I began to cut out all bread & cereal and replace it with home made bread made with a bread machine. I purchased a wheat grinder and wheat berries and grind my own flour. The result is not only my prostate problems are much be ...
- Did you recover from bph?
For unknown reasons my BPH symptoms have gradually disappeared. I was taking Doxazosin for 2-3 years but it never seemed to really help. I stated taking Saw Palmetto about a year ago.
Gradually over this summer my BPH symptoms faded to almost zero.
I'm not ready to claim that the Saw Palmetto di ...
More reviews for: Avodart, Bph
Recent studies of taking Avodart in Bph on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Avodart, Hydrochlorothiazide, Felodipine, Ramipril for a patient with BPH, Hypertension. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Uroxatral, Avodart for a patient with Hypertension, Bph. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Buspirone Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Diovan, Atenolol, Flomax, Avodart for a patient with Anxiety, Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Blood Sodium
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Pain - Penis
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Avodart, Bph
Recent Bph related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Saw Palmetto for a 60-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of AVODART, FLOMAX for a 80-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Rapaflo for a 69-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Doxazosin Mesylate, Flomax for a 67-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Rapaflo, Alfuzosin Hydrochloride for a 83-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Avodart for a 49-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Flomax, Rapaflo for a 65-year old man who has Benign Enlargement Of The Prostate
More related comparison studies for: Avodart, Bph
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.