Home > Bph > Avodart > Avodart for Bph
How effective is Avodart for Bph (Enlarged Prostate)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Avodart (dutasteride) is for Bph. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 283 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Avodart for Bph >>>
What is Avodart
Avodart (latest outcomes from 8,554 users) has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Bph (latest reports from 41,777 patients) can be treated by Flomax, Avodart, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 23, 2014: 283 people are studied for taking Avodart in Bph
Avodart effectiveness for Bph (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Avodart for Bph * :
Who find Avodart more effective for Bph?
Age of people who find Avodart more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Rapid onset of rheumatoid arthritis in both hands
From this study (5 months ago):
on 3 instances, got a skin itching and rash after swimming in a pool, all saltwater, in two occasion used sun screen and moderate exposure to the sun.
The rash started after showering and almost 2 to 3 hours after getting out of the water. Started on the chest area and slowly spread to shoulders back and stomach area.
The rash went away after a couple of days. used antihistamine and in 1 case used Kenalog 80 mg/ Lubriderm 240 mg.
From this study (5 months ago):
blood tests found sodium level to be 125
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
More questions for: Avodart, Bph
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Avodart and thrombocytopenia
I have taken Avodart at a very low dose of 0.5 mg avery 4th day for the past 8 years. The Platelet count has dropped slowly during that time. But did not get below the normal range until 2 years ago. Stopping Avodart for 6 months allowed the Platelet count to increase 10%. But restarting Avodart for ...
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Enlarged prostate psa dropped from 4.0 to 3.0
My PSA dropped from 4.0 to 3.0 after 1) reducing my intake of bread and bread products. 2) taking ginger root in the form of crystalized ginger 3) making my own bread. The flour i used was from fresh ground wheat berries.
More reviews for: Avodart, Bph
Recent studies of taking Avodart in Bph on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Uroxatral, Avodart for a patient with Hypertension, Bph. The patient has Rash Generalised (Rashes)
- A study of drug interactions between Buspirone Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Diovan, Atenolol, Flomax, Avodart for a patient with Anxiety, Low Thyroid, High Blood Pressure, Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Blood Sodium
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has Pain - Penis
- A study of side effects of Avodart for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Avodart, Ibuprofen, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tamsulosin for a patient with BPH, Pain, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Metastases To Mouth
More related studies for: Avodart, Bph
Recent Bph related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Avodart, Bph
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (10 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (58 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (11 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (59 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Juniper Berry Oil
- Ortho Novum 1 35 21
- Thyroid Carcinoma Nos