Home > Cellulitis > Keflex > Keflex for Cellulitis
How effective is Keflex for Cellulitis?
Overall ratings: 2.9/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Keflex (cephalexin) is for Cellulitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 14 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Keflex for Cellulitis >>>
What is Keflex
Keflex (latest outcomes from 5,986 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Cellulitis (infection under the skin) (latest reports from 194,063 patients) can be treated by Cephalexin, Keflex, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 14 people are studied for taking Keflex in Cellulitis
Keflex effectiveness for Cellulitis (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Keflex for Cellulitis * :
Age of people who take Keflex for Cellulitis * :
Who find Keflex more effective for Cellulitis?
Gender of people who find Keflex more effective * :
Age of people who find Keflex more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- Was on flucloxicillan for cellulitis large toe now have tingling sensation and occasional throb also still a bit swollen do i need more anti-biotics?
Recently had Cellulitis otherwise normally healhy 50 year old Woman. Taken in bottom of left toe. Was on Flucloxicillan and redness reduced. However left with a tingling sensation,still the occassional throb and a little swollen. Do I need more Anti biotics?
- Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters
Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters?
- Can cephalexin cause chronic muscle twitching?
On April 26, 2013 I was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection in my nose. Towards the end of the 7 day prescription I noticed that I had muscle twitching in my eyes, hands, stomach and legs. By the 7th day, I was cramping badly in my calves, feet and hands. After stopping the medication, the con ...
- I am taking cephalexin for uti . after 7 days everything is negative except wbc's on dip strip. why?
uti is gone after cehalexin course , but only wbc's still show on test strip
- Can cephalexin cause jellyfish? if so where in the body? can a person swallow jellyfish polyps and become infested? can jellyfish live in people? what symptoms do they.cause?
Passed jellyfish with tentacles in urine
- I had a series of skin grafts on my rt toe,and over the course of a week my right leg has been cramping, so much that i cannot sleep w/o taking something for pain. could this be a side effect?
I was dx with cellulitis in March of this year. I received tx from my foot Dr. for several weeks prior to receiving the skin graft. I got three grafts which healed the sore. Unfortunately it is still painful. Recently my right side of my leg feels likes it's cramping, aching so much I can barely sle ...
More questions for: Keflex, Cellulitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Keflex, Cellulitis
Recent studies of taking Keflex in Cellulitis on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Keflex, Cellulitis
Recent Cellulitis related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aleve, Amoxicillin for a 73-year old man who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Septra Ds, Avelox for a 55-year old woman who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Ancef, Invanz for a 80-year old woman who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Avelox (Bayer Pharms) - 400MG, Cipro (Bayer Hlthcare) - 500MG/5ML for a 31-year old man who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Augmentin '500', Vicodin Es (Abbott) - 750MG;7.5MG for a 49-year old woman who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Bactrim, Prednisone, Flagyl for a 61-year old man who has Skin Infection - Bacterial
- Comparions of Tetracycline Hydrochloride (Abbott) - 250MG, Plavix (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 75MG BASE for a 67-year old man who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Mupirocin (Teva) - 2%, Hydrocortisone (Alpharma Us Pharms) - 2.5% for a 1-year old girl who has Skin Infection - Bacterial
- Comparions of Cefazolin (Orchid Hlthcare) - EQ 1GM BASE/VIAL, Prednisone (Am Therap) - 20MG for a 41-year old man who has Cellulitis
- Comparions of Plavix (Sanofi Aventis Us) - EQ 300MG BASE, Augmentin '875' (Glaxosmithkline) - 875MG;EQ 125MG BASE for a 54-year old woman who has Cellulitis
More related comparison studies for: Keflex, Cellulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.