Home > Cholesterol > Pravastatin sodium > Pravastatin sodium for Cholesterol
How effective is Pravastatin sodium for Cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Pravastatin sodium (pravastatin sodium) is for Cholesterol. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 811 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Pravastatin sodium for Cholesterol >>>
What is Pravastatin sodium
Pravastatin sodium (latest outcomes from 9,271 users) has active ingredients of pravastatin sodium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Cholesterol (latest reports from 454,617 patients) can be treated by Simvastatin, Lipitor, Crestor, Pravastatin Sodium, Zocor, Atorvastatin Calcium.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 811 people are studied for taking Pravastatin sodium in Cholesterol
Pravastatin sodium effectiveness for Cholesterol (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Pravastatin sodium for Cholesterol * :
Age of people who take Pravastatin sodium for Cholesterol * :
Who find Pravastatin sodium more effective for Cholesterol?
Gender of people who find Pravastatin sodium more effective * :
Age of people who find Pravastatin sodium more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect la ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Has anyone had side affects and/or drug interactions from xarelto and prevastatin?
I currently take xarelto after a bout of multiple blood clots in both lungs...I have just been diagnosed with high cholesterol and dr wants me to take prevastatin and I'm concerned about side affects and/or drug interactions
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or t ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- What is the drug interaction between lamprene and anti hypertensive medication telmesartan, ditiazem?
I would like to know if there are adverse interactions and how to sequence taking the meds. I also take an aspirin and wonder if it will cause more intestinal bleeding and perforation.
- Can stopping coumadin cause the heart rate to increase?
After stoppage of coumadin, the patient was started on Eliquis and after administration of one dose, the heart rate increased from the 70's to 120 plus. Could the increased heart rate be caused by the stoppage of coumadin?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
More questions for: Pravastatin sodium, Cholesterol
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Pravistatin -- rapid and irregular heart beat
PCP prescribed 20mg Pravastatin daily to lower overall cholesteral from 232. I was 65 years of age at the time. It worked, but then I stopped exercising for a period of about 4 months and the cholesteral rose, so he increased the Pravistatin to 40mg. In about a week I experienced sudden rapid and ...
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond ...
- Diarrhea for 4 years on ezetimibe
Had diarrhea for four years which stopped within 8 weeks of stopping the medication.
- Personal review of pravastatin with respect to erectile dysfunction
I took pravastatin and experienced ED. After gettiny off pravastatin and taking magnesiam, zinc and cialis, I was able to restore some functionality of an erection. Additional, I dieted and drank green tea. At this point, I have lost ten pounds and project to lose 20-30 more.
- Pravastatin and bad dreams
Just resumed taking pravastatin alternate nights after gap of 6 weeks. Alternate nights and 6 week gap make more obvious that waking with headache, nausea and bad dream is caused by night before pravastatin pill. Only 10mg too!
I think headache causes bad dream. Bad dreams unusually persistent in m ...
- Statins mess with brain function
I was prescribed 20 mg Lipitor once per day because my cholesterol hit 217 mg/l. Three weeks later I couldn't get out of bed due to lethargy. My doctor insisted it was likely my blood pressure meds (100 mg Losartin and 25 mg HCTZ) and not the Lipitor. He swore there were no reports of lethargy wit ...
More reviews for: Pravastatin sodium, Cholesterol
Recent studies of taking Pravastatin Sodium in Cholesterol on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Doxazosin Mesylate, Folic Acid, Pravastatin Sodium, Allopurinol, Calcitriol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Kidney - Polycystic, High Blood Cholesterol, Urine Uric Acid Abnormal, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Creatinine Renal Clearance Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Metformin, Januvia, Metoprolol Succinate, Diovan, Pravastatin Sodium, Synthroid, Vistaril, Klonopin, Neurontin for a patient with GERD, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, Nerve Damage - Diabetic. The patient has Red Itchy Bumps That Just Appear And Burn
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Losartan, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin for a patient with Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, Total Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Hypersensitivity
- A study of side effects of Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Subconjunctival Hemorrhage (bright red patch appearing in the white of the eye)
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Flaxseed Oil, Dulcolax, Centrum Silver, Synthroid, Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Eye Redness, Constipation, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Renal Scan Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Calcium, Synthroid, Pravachol, Nasonex, Ultram, Vicodin, Flexeril for a patient with Vitamin D Toxicity, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Same, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Eye Floaters
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Pravachol, Doxycycline, Advair Diskus 100/50, Prednisone, Promethazine, Sulindac, Lopressor for a patient with Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Knee Joint Replacement, Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Gastroparesis, Arthritis, Svt. The patient has Butterfly Rash, Eosinophilic Pneumonia, Fatigue, Fever, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Losartan Potassium, Celexa, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Allergy To Animal, Hypertension, Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Pravachol, Dyazide, Losartan Potassium, Effexor Xr, Coreg for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Fiorinal, Ultram, Omeprazole, Acyclovir, Dyazide, Singulair, Celexa for a patient with Hypercholesterolemia, Headache, Ge Reflux, Oral Herpes, Hypertension, Allergies, Depression. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
More related studies for: Pravastatin sodium, Cholesterol
Recent Cholesterol related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zocor, Lipitor for a 68-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Lipitor, Vytorin for a 61-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Itraconazole for a 5-year old boy who has Hyperlipidemia
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Crestor, Simvastatin for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Lovastatin for a 54-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Livalo, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 77-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Fenofibrate for a 69-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Crestor, Livalo for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
More related comparison studies for: Pravastatin sodium, Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Dizziness and Megestrol Acetate
- Svt and Prednisolone
- Lamictal and Meningioma Benign
- Adderall and Neuropathy Peripheral
Recent user comments
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (16 minutes ago)
- "The depression has been so severe I didn't know what ... " (2 hours ago)
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (7 hours ago)
- Goji Berry
- Minocycline Hydrochloride