Home > Common cold > Mucinex d > Mucinex d for Common cold
How effective is Mucinex d for Common cold?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Mucinex d (guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride) is for Common cold. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 7 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex d for Common cold >>>
What is Mucinex d
Mucinex d (latest outcomes from 456 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin; pseudoephedrine hydrochloride. It is often used in sinus congestion.
Common cold (latest reports from 290 patients) can be treated by Sudafed 12 Hour, Nyquil, Mucinex, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Acetaminophen, Dayquil.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7 people are studied for taking Mucinex d in Common cold
Mucinex d effectiveness for Common cold (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Mucinex d for Common cold * :
|Common cold||57.14%||42.86% |
Age of people who take Mucinex d for Common cold * :
|Common cold||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||42.86%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Who find Mucinex d more effective for Common cold?
Gender of people who find Mucinex d more effective * :
|Common cold||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who find Mucinex d more effective * :
|Common cold||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What kind of medicines advisable to a g6pd patient with cods aged 5 months old baby boy?
My son has a g6pd defeciency, he is 5 mos. old, I'm asking for a medication or any antibiotic that can cure his colds, for he is suffering it for almost 1 week right now..Hoping for your eager response. Thank you...
- Zinc content
How many mg of Zinc Gluconate were in the 4oz spray bottle???
It always worked for me and have come down with colds since the great product is off the market. Other manufacturers must be happier selling relief medicines.
More questions for: Mucinex d, Common cold
More reviews for: Mucinex d, Common cold
Related drug studies for: Mucinex d, Common cold,
Recent Common Cold related drug comparison:
- Comparions of MethylPrednisolone, Advil for a 29-year old man who has Common Cold
- Comparions of NyQuil, Cellcept for a 51-year old woman who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Zyrtec for a 21-year old woman who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 25-year old man who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Doxylamine Succinate (Perrigo) - 25MG, Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Roxane) - 4MG for a 28-year old woman who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Zithromax, Imitrex for a 23-year old woman who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Advil, Actifed W/ Codeine for a 60-year old woman who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Zocor (Merck) - 5MG, Lescol (Novartis) - EQ 20MG BASE for a 2-year old boy who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Bayer Extra Strength Aspirin For Migraine Pain, Sudafed 12 Hour for a 24-year old man who has Common Cold
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide, Mucinex Dm for a 47-year old man who has Common Cold
More related comparison studies for: Mucinex d, Common cold
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (9 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (11 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Rebound Effect
- Gallbladder Non Functioning
- Swelling In The Abdomen
- Upper Limb Deformity