Home > Congestive heart failure > Diovan > Diovan for Congestive heart failure
How effective is Diovan for Congestive heart failure (Heart failure)?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.7/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Diovan (valsartan) is for Congestive heart failure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 6 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Diovan for Congestive heart failure >>>
What is Diovan
Diovan (latest outcomes from 56,515 users) has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Congestive heart failure
Congestive heart failure (heart is unable to provide sufficient pumping) (latest reports from 867 patients) can be treated by Furosemide, Lasix, Carvedilol, Coreg, Digoxin, Spironolactone.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 6 people are studied for taking Diovan in Congestive heart failure
Diovan effectiveness for Congestive heart failure (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Diovan for Congestive heart failure * :
|Congestive heart failure||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who take Diovan for Congestive heart failure * :
|Congestive heart failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Who find Diovan more effective for Congestive heart failure?
Gender of people who find Diovan more effective * :
|Congestive heart failure||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who find Diovan more effective * :
|Congestive heart failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- May iuuse viagra after a hemorrhagic stroke ?
I had a hemmorhagic stroke in March 2014 and wonder if I may safely use Viagra
- Timing of taking wellbutrin xl 300 with diovan 80
I take levoxyl when waking up. After eating breakfast usually I take wellbutrin, diovan, and vitamin d together. If taking adderall, I would take at this time. Sometimes red yeast rice in morning, sometimes later in the day. Estradiol is taken before bed. Is it OK to take wellbutrin and diovan toget ...
- Is bell's palsy related to polymyalgia?
I had Bell's Palsy a year ago and now have symptoms of Polymyalgia -- stiff shoulders and hips and occasional back spasms.
- Females on diovan developing gout?
I recently suffered a gout attack for the first time in my life. I am 55, female and have no history of this condition in my family.
About a year ago my husband and I moved and my new doctor put me on this medication for pre-hypertension.
I have read mounting evidence that one major side effec ...
- I have ibs, diabetes, dizziness and balance problems and sciatica. my doctor has just prescribed medrol for me for my sciatica and spinal stenosis. is this going to be ok for me?
I have been suffering from IBS since July 15. I am not on anything for it now because I tried taking Bentyl and it made me SO DIZZY I couldn't take it. I went on line and found "helpforibs.com" and it has helped me a lot. Anyway, I now have some sciatica and some problems with some neuropathy and ...
- Why is it taking so long for my inr to return to 2.5-3.0?
I had my aortic valve (bicuspid) replaced in 1975, apparently had 2 silent heart attacks and was diagnosed with CHF in 2005 and had an ascending aortic aneurysm repair and aortic valve replaced in 2008.
A few weeks ago, I went off the coumadin and on Pradaxa prior to having a cervical epidural in ...
- Can glimepiride cause rapid weight gain
Recently my doctor prescribed Glimepiride to help control my diabetes. After being on the medicine for only about 14 days I had gained 6 pounds and am already overweight by about 20 pounds. The weight is not good for my diabetes and I gained it all in my stomach so now have a bigger spare tire arou ...
- Complications while taking lisinopril before wrist surgery
Having wrist surgery in a week, I've stopped taking lisinopril is this good or bad. Are there any complications that can occur
- Can i take valsartan and cialis at the same time?
I have had ED for the last few years and have occasionally taken Viagra or Cialis but a year ago I was put on High Blood Pressure medication with Valsartan 80 mg a tablet a day. Do you think I can still take cialis or Viagra if I feel like having sex?
- Tried everything including tens and mirror therapy. can you help?
has artificial heart valve,on Coumadin. Will memantine, lyrica bupivicaine, amlopidine, ketamine help?
More questions for: Diovan, Congestive heart failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- I.c.d. and marijuana use
I suffered a massive myocardial infarction. 2 weeks after went into cardiac arrest, I had an I.C.D.implanted. I currently am on 6 different medications. My anxiety level and depression was ridiculous. Unable to sleep, and function socially, I self medicated myself with Marijuana. For about an 8 week ...
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Diovan nasal constriction
46 year old male. Took Diovan HCT 160/12.5 once per day for 12 years for high blood pressure with very few issues. In 2012 dosage increased to 320/25. Immediately had stomach-related issues and severe nasal constriction right after taking the pill. Doctor changed prescription to take 160/12.5 twice ...
More reviews for: Diovan, Congestive heart failure
Recent studies of taking Diovan in Congestive Heart Failure on eHealthMe:
More related studies for: Diovan, Congestive heart failure
Recent Congestive Heart Failure related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Aldactone, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 75-year old man who has CHF
- Comparions of Furosemide, Torsemide for a 70-year old man who has CHF
- Comparions of Furosemide, Torsemide for a 85-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Atacand Hct (Astrazeneca) - 16MG;12.5MG, Enalapril Maleate (Sandoz) - 2.5MG for a 11-year old girl who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate (Teva) - EQ 5MG BASE, Lisinopril (Par Pharm) - 20MG, Spironolactone (Actavis Elizabeth) - 25MG, Carvedilol (Teva) - 6.25MG for a 42-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Coreg (Smithkline Beecham) - 6.25MG, Phentermine Hydrochloride (Actavis Totowa) - 37.5MG for a 58-year old woman who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 250/50 (Glaxosmithkline) - 0.25MG/INH;EQ 0.05MG BASE/INH, Carvedilol (Teva) - 3.125MG, Omeprazole (Sandoz) - 20MG, Furosemide (Watson Labs) - 20MG, Lisinopril (Par Pharm) - 5MG for a 65-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Hydrochlorothiazide (Vintage Pharms) - 25MG, Furosemide (Watson Labs) - 20MG for a 83-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Coreg (Smithkline Beecham) - 3.125MG, Diovan Hct (Novartis) - 12.5MG;80MG for a 31-year old woman who has Congestive Heart Failure
More related comparison studies for: Diovan, Congestive heart failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
- Ringing In The Ears and Ribavirin
- Gerd and Stomach Discomfort
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Athrombin K
- Walnut Hull
- Bone Pain