Home > Copd > Singulair > Singulair for Copd
How effective is Singulair for Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Singulair (montelukast sodium) is for Copd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 23 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Singulair for Copd >>>
What is Singulair
Singulair (latest outcomes from 42,852 users) has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma.
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) (latest reports from 206,488 patients) can be treated by Spiriva, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Prednisone, Advair Diskus 500/50.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 23 people are studied for taking Singulair in Copd
Singulair effectiveness for Copd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Singulair for Copd * :
Age of people who take Singulair for Copd * :
Who find Singulair more effective for Copd?
Gender of people who find Singulair more effective * :
Age of people who find Singulair more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- What is the generic name for perforomist?
Taken with pulmicort for COPD.
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- My mom was on propofol, after awakening she acts very different, not herself. was this caused from the medicine
Mom was admitted with a lung infection, and given some antibiotics, but a few days later she contracted Hospital Pnemonia and went into respiratory failure. So she was intubated and put in the icu on a ventilater, and put on Propofol. During her breathing trials to get off the vent she was very an ...
- My tongue has swollen while on singular. will it go away when i stop my meds?
Should I worry? Once I stop taking this, which was yesterday, will my tongue return to normal??
- Is it possible for me to stop taking advair without getting short of breath
I take these meds everyday the singulair I take one a day and the Advair I take twice a day. I take vitamin C on occasions. I do not feel bad but there are times when I have bad indegestion. Also my face is getting very round and I would like to know why? Is there any way I can maybe stop taking the ...
- If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day.
I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day)
I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs.
I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters.
I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
- My ige in november was 1712, i have been diagnosed with late onset asthma, i get breathless at the slightest exertion e.g. waking to bathroom and back into bed; my iron levels are low
I have late onset asthma, told two weeks ago that my iron levels are low, IgE of 1712 (Nov 2013), get breathless with little exertion (e.g. going to toilet and back into bed), I lose concentration easily. In August 2013 I lost my sense of smell, but I have been checked by ENT - no blockages. So what ...
- What's good to use with singulair as an inhaler for asthma dual relief
I am on singular in the morning& also take a reliever spray-Oxis but want to change to advair or serevent-any suggestion -thanks
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
More questions for: Singulair, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Nasalcrom caused potential anxiety attacks
I have a sinus infection that did not go away with a ten day course of Cefuroxime. I went back to the doctor and was subscribed a two week course of Cefuroxime, plus Montelukast for allergy, and NasalCrom for inflamed sinuses. Since I began the NasalCrom, I have been experiencing anxiety attacks. ...
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Singulair, Copd
Recent studies of taking Singulair in Copd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 500/50, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with COPD. The patient has Not Breathing
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Copd, Insomnia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Singulair for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes, Copd. The patient has Enlarged Prostate
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Singulair for a patient with Blood Thinner, Copd. The patient has Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Advair Diskus 250/50, Levothyroxine Sodium, Albuterol Sulfate for a patient with Copd, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tiredness, Dry Skin, Acne, Cough, Short-term Memory Loss, Long-term Memory Loss
More related studies for: Singulair, Copd
Recent Copd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Nasacort for a 81-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Breo Ellipta, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 60-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Xopenex Hfa, Proair Hfa for a 71-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 250/50, Breo Ellipta for a 46-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Qvar 40, Atrovent Hfa, Spiriva for a 54-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 23-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Digoxin, Dulera for a 51-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 100/50, Symbicort for a 72-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
More related comparison studies for: Singulair, Copd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (2 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- (3 Carboxy2 Hydroxypropyl) Trimethylammonium Hydroxide Inner Salt
- Vaginal Burning Sensation
- Ortho Novum 1/50 28