Home > Copd > Spiriva > Spiriva for Copd
How effective is Spiriva for Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Spiriva (tiotropium bromide monohydrate) is for Copd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 389 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Spiriva for Copd >>>
What is Spiriva
Spiriva (latest outcomes from 50,457 users) has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) (latest reports from 206,488 patients) can be treated by Spiriva, Symbicort, Advair Diskus 250/50, Albuterol Sulfate, Prednisone, Advair Diskus 500/50.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 389 people are studied for taking Spiriva in Copd
Spiriva effectiveness for Copd (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Spiriva for Copd * :
Age of people who take Spiriva for Copd * :
Who find Spiriva more effective for Copd?
Gender of people who find Spiriva more effective * :
Age of people who find Spiriva more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Zit er in spiriva gluten?
My question is : Does Spiriva contains gluten? I would like to know that
- Can you loss large amounts of hair daily while taking spirit
I ALSO TAKE. COLONAPIN .CYMBALTA.TRAZADONE . NORCO .NEXIUM . HAD A VERY SERIOUS ULCER OPERATION 3MONTHS AGO.
- What is the generic name for perforomist?
Taken with pulmicort for COPD.
- Has anyone got a cataract from spiriva?
i had perfect vision and i used spiriva and now i have cataracts, had surgery on one eye now have to go back for my other eye ,
- My mom was on propofol, after awakening she acts very different, not herself. was this caused from the medicine
Mom was admitted with a lung infection, and given some antibiotics, but a few days later she contracted Hospital Pnemonia and went into respiratory failure. So she was intubated and put in the icu on a ventilater, and put on Propofol. During her breathing trials to get off the vent she was very an ...
- Dr. switched me from advair and spiriva to tudorza. shouldn't i still stay with advair
Doc said drop Spiriva AND Advair and start exclusively on Tudorza.
Wouldn't staying with Advair in addition to Tudorza be helpful?
(Or would it decrease Tudorza's effectiveness?)
I'm just finishing a 3-month bout with lung Pseudomonas infection. I'm regaining my strength, but still breath ...
- If i take garcinia cambogia will it interfere with my other meds?
I take 40 mg of Lisinopril, 20mg of Pravastatin, 5mg Amlodipine Besylate, once per day.
I take 100 mg of Sertraline Hcl Tabs. (one and one half per day)
I use Clobex as needed for Psoriasis on my legs.
I am on oxygen 24 hours a day @3 liters.
I do take nebs twice a day every 12 hours of Perf ...
- I am taking prednislone for polymyalgia rhuematica and symbicourt and ventolin for copd are there any known reactions for taking these medications
since taking these 3 drugs,I am getting cramp in my fingers and also my legs, are these all side effects, sometimes I feel a little dizzy
- Do you have nausea every day
I was diagnosed with COPD 3 years ago. I quit smoking for a short while but picked it back up. I use a c-pap machine at night and every morning I wake up nauseated and it usually last through out the day. I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.
More questions for: Spiriva, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Side effect of spiriva on diabetis control
I have been a diabetic for the past 30 years and could generally control my blood sugar by using Lantus and another fast effect insuine (ahich changed several time)Since I take Spiriva (started on february 15th 2014, I cannot control my blood sugar properly and get incoherent results (2,3 or even 4 ...
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- Treating copd and kidney disease
My biggest problem is trying to keep my blood pressure at 110 to 140 diastolic and controlling constipation.
More reviews for: Spiriva, Copd
Recent studies of taking Spiriva in Copd on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Fluticasone Propionate for a patient with COPD, Allergies. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Proair Hfa, Symbicort, Spiriva for a patient with COPD. The patient has Abdomen - Swollen
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Spiriva for a patient with COPD. The patient has Macular Degeneration
- A study of side effects of Spiriva for a patient with COPD. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Ms Contin, Proair Hfa, Symbicort, Spiriva for a patient with Pulse, Pain - Back, Copd. The patient has Macular Degeneration
More related studies for: Spiriva, Copd
Recent Copd related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fluticasone Propionate, Nasacort for a 81-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Breo Ellipta, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a 60-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Xopenex Hfa, Proair Hfa for a 71-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 250/50, Breo Ellipta for a 46-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Singulair, Spiriva, Qvar 40 for a 70-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Qvar 40, Atrovent Hfa, Spiriva for a 54-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 250/50, Spiriva for a 23-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Digoxin, Dulera for a 51-year old woman who has COPD
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 100/50, Symbicort for a 72-year old man who has COPD
- Comparions of Albuterol, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Qvar 80, Ipratropium Bromide for a 72-year old woman who has COPD
More related comparison studies for: Spiriva, Copd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (36 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (44 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Sy/premenstrual Syndrome
- L Glutathione