Home > Depression > Depakote er > Depakote er for Depression
How effective is Depakote er for Depression?
Overall ratings: 3.3/5
Long term ratings: 4.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Depakote er (divalproex sodium) is for Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 10 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote er for Depression >>>
What is Depakote er
Depakote er (latest outcomes from 3,673 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Depression (latest reports from 1,153,652 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Wellbutrin Xl.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 10 people are studied for taking Depakote er in Depression
Depakote er effectiveness for Depression (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Depakote er for Depression * :
Age of people who take Depakote er for Depression * :
Who find Depakote er more effective for Depression?
Gender of people who find Depakote er more effective * :
Age of people who find Depakote er more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (12 months ago):
Albuteral used but not effective. Prednisone used but not effective. Chest X-Ray was negative. Asthma Dr. heard no wheezing.
From this study (13 months ago):
I was on depakote from 2000 until 2003 for migraines and depression/anxiety due to bad divorce and custody sitution. I felt it was not helpful so I titrated off in late 2003-2004. I was diagnosed with pancreatitis in 2004. It has never resolved and no cause has been found.
From this study (1 year ago):
took first desmopressin last night
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Depakote er, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
More reviews for: Depakote er, Depression
Recent studies of taking Depakote Er in Depression on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Depakote Er for a patient with Sleeplessness, Depression. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Depakote for a patient with Depression. The patient has Chronic Pancreatitis (long lasting infection of pancreas)
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Simvastatin, Prilosec, Lamictal, Depakote, Estrace, Desmopressin Acetate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Heartburn - Chronic, Depression, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Bedwetting. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Depakote, Wellbutrin Sr, Vyvanse for a patient with Depression, Depression - Chronic, Early Morning Awakening. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue)
More related studies for: Depakote er, Depression
Recent Depression related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depakote er, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vimpat, Dexamethasone for a 62-year old woman who has Glioblastoma Multiforme (1 minute ago)
- Wellbutrin Xl, Bactrim, Prednisone, Prilosec for a 33-year old man who has Stop Smoking, Nocardia Infection, Asthma, Heartburn (4 minutes ago)
- Wellbutrin Xl, Bactrim, Prednisone, Prilosec for a 33-year old man who has Stop Smoking, Nocardia Infection, Asthma, Heartburn (8 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness and Victoza
- Low Platelet Count
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
Recent user comments
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ year ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Benadryl (mcneil Cons) 50mg
- Cup Plant
- Pineal Germinoma
- Bearded Darnel