How effective is Lamotrigine for Depression?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.4/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Lamotrigine (lamotrigine) is for Depression. The study is based on 128 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get a free personalized report of your drugs: we study for you 352 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. Start to use eHealthMe >>>
What is Lamotrigine
Lamotrigine (latest outcomes from 15,744 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Depression (latest reports from 1,148,155 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Wellbutrin Xl.
On Sep, 20, 2014: 128 people are studied for taking Lamotrigine in Depression
Lamotrigine effectiveness for Depression (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Lamotrigine for Depression * :
Age of people who take Lamotrigine for Depression * :
Who find Lamotrigine more effective for Depression?
Gender of people who find Lamotrigine more effective * :
Age of people who find Lamotrigine more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Lamotrigine for Depression >>>
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
meralgia paresthesica,cruralgy,sensitive neuropathy of thigh
philippe cervoni on Jul, 14, 2014:
meralgia paresthesica and cruralgy of leg after 1 year of lamictal and seroquel for depressiv symptoms
No response to morphine ,sterroids ,piroxicam,paracetamol,lamaline,amytriptylin,patch xylocaina,ostheopathy,
steroid infiltrations of dorsolombar and iliac zone...
severe pain impossible to work
no mecanic neuronal compression found irm
iwonder if these drugs exacerb this conditions or are in responsability
From this study (3 months ago):
Alpha Liponic Acid....kidney failure < month
Critical Liver Support...Kidney failure < month
Charcoal Activated... Absorb impurities < month
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Lamotrigine, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Severe night sweats and hot flashes with cymbalta?
I am 24 years old and I have been having severe night sweats for about the last 2 and a half years. I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 and a half years. These night sweats are so severe that I typically wake up 2-4 times a night drenched in sweat where I have to change the sheets, get a new blanket ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Lamotrigine, Depression
Recent studies of taking Lamotrigine in Depression on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Depression. The patient has Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Lamictal for a patient with Depressive Symptom, Depression. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Geodon, Klonopin, Ritalin, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety Disorder, Add, Depression. The patient has White Blood Cell Count
- A study of drug interactions between Oxybutynin Chloride, Spironolactone, Nefazodone Hydrochloride, Pristiq, Chlorzoxazone, Naproxen, Lamotrigine, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Overactive Bladder, Hair Loss, Depression, Muscle Cramps, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Breast Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lamictal, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Effexor Xr, Concerta for a patient with General Physical Condition, Hypothyroidism, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Dizziness
More related studies for: Lamotrigine, Depression
Recent Depression related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.