How effective is Xanax for Depression?
Overall ratings: 3.0/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Xanax (alprazolam) is for Depression. The study is based on 68 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Xanax for Depression >>>
What is Xanax
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,899 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Depression (latest reports from 1,148,155 patients) can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Wellbutrin Xl.
On Sep, 18, 2014: 68 people are studied for taking Xanax in Depression
Xanax effectiveness for Depression (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Xanax for Depression * :
Age of people who take Xanax for Depression * :
Who find Xanax more effective for Depression?
Gender of people who find Xanax more effective * :
Age of people who find Xanax more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Have anal cancer and atypical cervical cells
From this study (9 months ago):
I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
From this study (9 months ago):
i had a anxiety,panic attack 1/5/2013.have been seeing psychiatrist and therapist am on these meds today i have been diagnosed with bells palsy are they connected?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Xanax, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
More reviews for: Xanax, Depression
Recent studies of taking Xanax in Depression on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Zoloft for a patient with Depression. The patient has Urine Leukocyte Esterase Positive, Protein C Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Lamotrigine, Sertraline for a patient with Depression, P.t.s.d,maniac Depression,o.c.d,agoraphobia, P.t.s.d ,maniac Depression, O.c.d,agoraphobia. The patient has Major Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, Lexapro, Norco for a patient with Depression, Ovarian Cyst, Back Disorder. The patient has Depression, Low Back Pain (Back pain - low)
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Doxepin Hydrochloride for a patient with Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Tinnitus
More related studies for: Xanax, Depression
Recent Depression related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.