Home > Diarrhea > Cholestyramine > Cholestyramine for Diarrhea
How effective is Cholestyramine for Diarrhea?
Overall ratings: 3.7/5
Long term ratings: 4.1/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Cholestyramine (cholestyramine) is for Diarrhea. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 21 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cholestyramine for Diarrhea >>>
What is Cholestyramine
Cholestyramine (latest outcomes from 1,741 users) has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) can be treated by Loperamide Hydrochloride, Imodium, Lomotil, Imodium A-d, Cholestyramine, Flagyl.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 21 people are studied for taking Cholestyramine in Diarrhea
Cholestyramine effectiveness for Diarrhea (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Cholestyramine for Diarrhea * :
Age of people who take Cholestyramine for Diarrhea * :
Who find Cholestyramine more effective for Diarrhea?
Gender of people who find Cholestyramine more effective * :
Age of people who find Cholestyramine more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is taking imodium a few days after taking aloe vera gel safe?
I have diarrhea from taking aloe Vera gel and I really need to get rid of it, I bought the aloe Vera gel on about Monday of this week. I have been having diarrhea from this aloe Vera gel since a day after I took it. I was wondering if it was safe to take Imodium for my diarrhea four days after i dra ...
- Can someone on warfarin take imodium?
I have diarrhea and would like to know if imodium interferes with coumadin which I take every day.? Thank you
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- What stage is my melanoma?
I was originally diagnosed in 2010 with nodular melanoma, Clarke level IV, and summer 2013 a subcutaneous tumour was removed from near the site of the original melanoma. CT showed no evidence of disease to organs. Medical oncologist said I was cancer free, skin oncologist told me that 50/100 peopl ...
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
- Can insulin (lantil) increase frequency of bowel movements?
Since doctor increased dosage of Lantus I have been having more bowel movements which irritate my hemorrhoid.
- I have bile reflux. can i take questran the same day as i take gaviscon?
I have struggles with this since march,2013. I had my g.b. removed apr 30, 2013. A scope in June show my pyloric valve wide open allowing bile to reflux giving me much uncomfortable to say the least. The dr would like me to take questran twice daily for 1 month to give the valve a chance to heal. ...
- What is causing my symptoms.
I have pain in my back and down my leg, pain under my ribs, sharp groin pain occasionally and daily loose stools.
- Any idea what i had?
Within seconds, diarrhea and vomiting started until GI was completely empty. I became incoherent during and collapsed onto the bathroom floor. Was unable to move. Rapid, shallow breathing started. Ambulance was called, acute abdominal pain started when they arrived ~30 mins after episode started. ...
- Can imodium and tagamet cause insomnia ?
Have taken 2 OTC Tagamet per day for 2 days and up to 4 Imodium per day for diarrhea. Have not been able to sleep during the 2 nights I've taken these two drugs together. I feel quite exhausted, but cannot actually fall asleep. Even after taking 2 OTC Sominex ( the doxylamine type ), but
I may d ...
More questions for: Cholestyramine, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Cholestyramine, Diarrhea
Recent studies of taking Cholestyramine in Diarrhea on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Pentasa, Azathioprine, Cholestyramine, Benztropine Mesylate, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Diovan, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Alprazolam for a patient with Add, Crohn's Disease, Diarrhea, Hyperhidrosis, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Muscles, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Muscle Pain, Mood Swings, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Pain - Joints
More related studies for: Cholestyramine, Diarrhea
Recent Diarrhea related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Paracetamol for a 41-year old man who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Donepezil, Loperamide Hydrochloride And Simethicone for a 74-year old woman who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Lomotil, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Lomotil, Imodium A-D for a 66-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Colace, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 62-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride (Mylan) - EQ 500MG BASE, Loperamide Hydrochloride (Mylan) - 2MG for a 55-year old woman who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Welchol (Daiichi Sankyo) - 1.875GM/PACKET, Lomotil for a 65-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Imodium A-d (Mcneil Cons) - 2MG, Cipro (Bayer Hlthcare) - EQ 500MG BASE for a 61-year old man who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Lomotil, Imodium A-d Ez Chews for a 90-year old woman who has Diarrhea
- Comparions of Imodium, Lomotil for a 72-year old woman who has Diarrhea
More related comparison studies for: Cholestyramine, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (11 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (44 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)