How effective is Modafinil for Drowsiness?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Modafinil (modafinil) is for Drowsiness. The study is based on 32 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Modafinil for Drowsiness >>>
What is Modafinil
Modafinil (latest outcomes from 1,967 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Drowsiness (latest reports from 494,387 patients) can be treated by Ambien, Provigil, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Nuvigil, Modafinil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 32 people are studied for taking Modafinil in Drowsiness
Modafinil effectiveness for Drowsiness (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Modafinil for Drowsiness * :
Age of people who take Modafinil for Drowsiness * :
Who find Modafinil more effective for Drowsiness?
Gender of people who find Modafinil more effective * :
Age of people who find Modafinil more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I have a feeling of something in my throat and maybe some swelling
sheila james on Aug, 12, 2014:
Female ,age 50 I have had two thyroid surgeries and suffer from hypothyroidism.before each surgery I felt as if I had something in my throat
From this study (8 months ago):
Fluticasone nasal spray has helped the stuffiness moderately but I still feel the need for a nasal decongestant like Afrin.
From this study (9 months ago):
started when I took terazosin. 2 small accidents and one major accident within 4 days of starting this medicine
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- Does lasix cause sleepiness
sleeps all the time up for short time and then needs to sleep again
More questions for: Modafinil, Drowsiness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Gabapentin made me comatose
I took Neurontin, and then its generic, Neurontin, for about five years. It was prescribed for chronic pain. I found it ineffective, but kept being told it was a good drug, quite benign, and was probably benefiting me more than I realized. I did NOT realize that toward the end of the five-year pe ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Modafinil, Drowsiness
Recent studies of taking Modafinil in Drowsiness on eHealthMe:
- A study of side effects of Provigil for a patient with Sleepy. The patient has Throat Tightness
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Flexeril, Celebrex, Lamictal, Risperdal, Provigil for a patient with Stuffy Nose, Hot Flashes, Depressive Symptom, Muscle Tightness, Osteoarthritis, Bipolar 2, Sleepy. The patient has Stuffy Nose (Nasal congestion)
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Oxycontin, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Lamotrigine, Modafinil, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Zolpidem Tatrate, Pantoprazole, Cardizem Cd, Lyrica, Cardizem Cd for a patient with Back Pain, Chronic Pain, Urination - Excessive At Night, Depression, Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleep Disorder, Heartburn, Atrial Fibrillation, Nerve Pain, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Bedwetting
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Restoril, Colchicine, Alprazolam, Lipitor, Testosterone Cypionate, Cytomel, Synthroid, Provigil, Celebrex, Plaquenil, Symbicort, Flonase, Combivent, Metformin, Furosemide, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Oxycodone, Lovenox, Plavix, Coumadin, Humira for a patient with Hypovitaminosis, Middle Insomnia, Gout - Acute, Stress And Anxiety, Hypercholesterolemia, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Somnolence, Pain Management, Lupus-like Syndrome, Asthma, Nasal Decongestion Therapy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Kidney Disease, Essential Hypertension, Breakthrough Pain, Hypercoagulable States, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Arthritis - Psoriatic. The patient has Myelomalacia, Sensory Disturbance, Hyperacusis, Tinnitus, Vision Impairment (Vision problems), Speech Impairment (adult), Muscle Twitching, Depression, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Gait Abnormal, Tremor, Hyporeflexia, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Provigil, Lithium Carbonate, Marplan for a patient with Anxiety, Sleepiness - During The Day, Mood Swings, Dental Treatment. The patient has Hair Loss In Women (Female pattern baldness), Impaired Vision (Vision problems), Heart Palpitations, Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Neck Stiffness (Neck pain), Sensation Of Heaviness, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Weakness, Dizziness, Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)
More related studies for: Modafinil, Drowsiness
Recent Drowsiness related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Drowsiness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.