Home > Dysthymia > Provigil > Provigil for Dysthymia
How effective is Provigil for Dysthymia?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 4.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Provigil (modafinil) is for Dysthymia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 6 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Provigil for Dysthymia >>>
What is Provigil
Provigil (latest outcomes from 10,272 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Dysthymia (mild chronic depression) (latest reports from 10,126 patients) can be treated by Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac, Zoloft, Lexapro, Celexa.
On Nov, 23, 2014: 6 people are studied for taking Provigil in Dysthymia
Provigil effectiveness for Dysthymia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Provigil for Dysthymia * :
Age of people who take Provigil for Dysthymia * :
Who find Provigil more effective for Dysthymia?
Gender of people who find Provigil more effective * :
Age of people who find Provigil more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis, Bad Depression, Brain "fog" And "focusing", Short-Term Memory Loss)
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Stress And Anxiety, Muscular-Skeletal Pain, Mononucleosis, Rash Around Tic-bite, Circular Ring On Skin, Tick Bite, ADD, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Depression - Chronic, Lifelong Migraines, Lifelong Cognition Problems, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Imitrex, Paxil, Sinemet)
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Can generic lexapro and natural gaba be taken together?
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Lexapro)
Can Lexapro and Natural GABA be taken together? The Lexapro by itself is not doing the job. My husband just suddenly died and my cousin told me about GABA for anxiety and sleeplessness. Dr keeps wanting to change...I want something that really helps ME!!!!!
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Rhuematoid Arthritis, Kypher Lumbar Scoliosis, Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcolepsy, Neurofibromatosis-1, and takes Promethazine Hydrochloride And Destromethorphan Hydrobromide, Ditropan, Gabapentin, Hiprex, Oxazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Modafinil)
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Anxiety, Depression - Chronic, Psychosis, and takes Geodon, Clonazepam, Depakote)
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
More questions for: Provigil, Dysthymia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
(Posted by a 39 year old man who has Aggression, and takes Provigil)
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Prozac and palpitations
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Depression - Chronic, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Prozac)
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
(Posted by a 44 year old man who has Insomnolence, Narcolepsy, Iga Nephropathy, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Modafinil)
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
More reviews for: Provigil, Dysthymia
Recent studies of taking Provigil in Dysthymia (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Adderall, Xanax, Luvox, Effexor for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Dactylitis
Comments: Aches all over
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a patient with Chronic Depression. The patient has Anxiety
Comments: Chronic inherited depression for 30 years; no antidepressant has worked for 20 year.
- A study of drug interactions between Vistaril, Prozac, Xanax for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Medical Observation Abnormal, Medical Problems Caused From Hard Work All My Life, Major Depression
Comments: You can say I've give on everything. I stay in my bedroom all the time. I dont like to be around no one and don't like to do nothing no more. This has been going on for over two years now. I can't get no help or insurance to get my medical problems. I guess the government is just waiting for us sick ...
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Victoza, Relpax, Humalog Pen, Lantus Solostar, Etodolac, Hydrochlorothiazide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Metformin for a patient with Chronic Depression, Chronic Insomnia, Diabetes, Migraine, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Hypertension. The patient has Dementia, Burping, Yellow Stool, Nausea, Diarrhea, Chills, Vomiting
Comments: # 3 events over 21 days - chills, vomiting, diarrhea, sulfur smelling burps, reduced cognitive abilities approx. 7 days apart.
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression. The patient has Rash, Skin Sensitisation, Edema
Comments: Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimple-looking rash on face and inside throat. Hyper sensitive to light touch. Insomnia, manic-like desire to stay awake.
More related studies for: Provigil, Dysthymia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.