Home > Dysthymia > Provigil > Provigil for Dysthymia
How effective is Provigil for Dysthymia?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 4.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Provigil (modafinil) is for Dysthymia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 6 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Provigil for Dysthymia >>>
What is Provigil
Provigil (latest outcomes from 10,268 users) has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Dysthymia (mild chronic depression) (latest reports from 10,080 patients) can be treated by Cymbalta, Wellbutrin Xl, Zoloft, Prozac, Effexor Xr, Lexapro.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 6 people are studied for taking Provigil in Dysthymia
Provigil effectiveness for Dysthymia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Provigil for Dysthymia * :
Age of people who take Provigil for Dysthymia * :
Who find Provigil more effective for Dysthymia?
Gender of people who find Provigil more effective * :
Age of people who find Provigil more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does one ever get their memory back after discontinueing the tysabri?
vesicare 10mg x1 bupropion 150mg x1
lisinopril 5mg as needed bupropion 300mg x1
fluoxetine 20mg x1 alprazolam 0.5mg - bedtime
vigil 250mg x1 melatonin 3mg - bedtime
aubagio 14mg. x1 diphenhydramine 50mg - bedtime
carvedilol 6.25mg x1 ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Can generic lexapro and natural gaba be taken together?
Can Lexapro and Natural GABA be taken together? The Lexapro by itself is not doing the job. My husband just suddenly died and my cousin told me about GABA for anxiety and sleeplessness. Dr keeps wanting to change...I want something that really helps ME!!!!!
- Is there a connection between narcolepsy and neurofibromatosis
Hi ,My name is Pauline Newman I live in Adelaide,South Australia,I have NF1 & NF2,I am 5th generation carrier of the NF Gene,I have literally thousands of lumps,bumps & café au-lait marks all over my body.My question is are NF1 & 2,cause Narcolepsy or EDS, I have also recently had an MRI & ultra so ...
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Could paxil long use (more than 10 years) be causing parkinsonism
I have been taking Paxil during about 12 years s/o stopping prescribed for my chronic depression. 5 years ago I was diagnosed parkinson disease. I have always wondered if Paxil could have caused it.
- Can anything be done to prevent hair loss due to medication
Hi, I have lost about 50 per cent of hair volume and having checked, a number of the medications I take can cause hair loss - is there anything I can do to stop my hair thinning please? (I need to keep taking the medications so can't 'stop'them. I know that in the past my ferritin levels have been l ...
- Do you suddenly speak with a different accent after a headache, tia, stroke, or other head injury?
Does anyone else out there have a foreign accent that came on suddenly? I know Foreign Accent Syndrome is very rare, but I am trying to find others like myself so that we can learn together. I had a migraine often caused by weather fronts or strobe lights. Only this time it caused me to have a growi ...
- How long does the coughing last when starting provigil
I'm new on Provigil and it works for me, but I have a deep chest cough that won't go away. Apparently this gets better with time. Any one else experience something similar?
- I have been taking buspar, and citalopram for about two years now and have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. is it possible that this condition is secondary to the medications
I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and am concerned that it could be related to long term usage of buspirone and citalopram. The other medications are from a recent change.
More questions for: Provigil, Dysthymia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Aggression with law enforcement officers who use provigil
I'm a former police officer. I say former because on the second day of ever taking provigil, I flipped out and kicked a handcuffed arestee. After 10 years of being an award winning police officer I totally lost it after taking this drug. needless to say, I immediately quit taking the pill; however, ...
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
More reviews for: Provigil, Dysthymia
Related drug studies for: Provigil, Dysthymia,
Recent Dysthymia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Saphris, Effexor Xr for a 65-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Adderall, Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Wellbutrin for a 28-year old man who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Lexapro for a 32-year old man who has Dysthymia
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Cymbalta, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 35-year old man who has Dysthymia
- Comparions of Metformin, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 54-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Wellbutrin Xl, Fluoxetine for a 41-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
More related comparison studies for: Provigil, Dysthymia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
- Ringing In The Ears and Ribavirin
- Gerd and Stomach Discomfort
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Nerve Pain
- Allegra (sanofi Aventis Us) 60mg
- Erection Increased
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Hypo Hdl Cholesterolaemia