Home > Ear congestion > Mucinex > Mucinex for Ear congestion
How effective is Mucinex for Ear congestion?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 4.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Mucinex (guaifenesin) is for Ear congestion. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 40 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex for Ear congestion >>>
What is Mucinex
Mucinex (latest outcomes from 5,827 users) has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Ear congestion (latest reports from 6,076 patients) can be treated by Mucinex, Mucinex Dm, Sudafed 12 Hour, Mucinex D, Sudafed, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 40 people are studied for taking Mucinex in Ear congestion
Mucinex effectiveness for Ear congestion (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Mucinex for Ear congestion * :
|Ear congestion||65.00%||35.00% |
Age of people who take Mucinex for Ear congestion * :
|Ear congestion||0.00%||7.50%||7.50%||12.50%||10.00%||32.50%||17.50%||12.50% |
Who find Mucinex more effective for Ear congestion?
Gender of people who find Mucinex more effective * :
|Ear congestion||46.15%||53.85% |
Age of people who find Mucinex more effective * :
|Ear congestion||0.00%||0.00%||15.38%||15.38%||15.38%||23.08%||7.69%||23.08% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does mucinex guaifenesin help treat fibromyalgia?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Guaifenesin)
I have tried so many treatments for fibromyalgia. I am going to try guaifenesin next . Any advice would be appreciated.
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
More questions for: Mucinex, Ear congestion
More reviews for: Mucinex, Ear congestion
Recent studies of taking Mucinex in Ear Congestion (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Sinus Pain. The patient has Heartburn (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus)
Comments: just took tablets twice and burned stomach both times
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Bronchitis. The patient has Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I am two weeks into an upper respiratory infection with congestion in my lungs (probably bronchitis). Taking Mucinex Maximum Strength. Getting acid reflux not mitigated by omeprazole.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a patient with Flu. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I took mucinex for a couple of day as I had a very bad cold, now I have my period and woke up with an on and off womb pain.
- A study of side effects of Mucinex Dm for a patient with Ear Congestion. The patient has Eyelid Swelling
Comments: Noticed severe eyelid swelling after initial dose
More related studies for: Mucinex, Ear congestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.