Home > Enlarged prostate > Finasteride > Finasteride for Enlarged prostate
How effective is Finasteride for Enlarged prostate?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.3/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Finasteride (finasteride) is for Enlarged prostate. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 177 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Finasteride for Enlarged prostate >>>
What is Finasteride
Finasteride (latest outcomes from 5,706 users) has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Enlarged prostate (latest reports from 41,940 patients) can be treated by Flomax, Avodart, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 177 people are studied for taking Finasteride in Enlarged prostate
Finasteride effectiveness for Enlarged prostate (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Finasteride for Enlarged prostate * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.56%||3.39%||10.17%||85.88% |
Who find Finasteride more effective for Enlarged prostate?
Age of people who find Finasteride more effective * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||3.33%||90.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Comments for this study:
Tony8 (12 months ago):
Have taken finisteride for OVER 6yrs now.
No problems with sex drive,etc
Prostrate went from a 4...to less than 1
Reply the comment
dean j. (1 year ago):
I have been taking Finasteride for 9 months for enlarged (massive) prostate. I have had great relief from the pressure, pain, and frequent trips to the bathroom. My prostate was so large that it became very uncomfortable to sit. Finasteride has helped to reduce the tissue mass to a once again comfortable level. My PSA was a 4.2, 3 months ago. I will be 66 years old November 2013. I live on the coast of South Carolina. The biggest side effect that I have noticed is a lack of sex drive and I do believe that the Finasteride has something to do with it. I take 10mg Cialis to help out.
Reply the comment
john c. (4 years ago):
Taking finesteride for 3 months - no noticeable improvements a this time plus significant negative impact of sex drive. Still bathroom visits through the night. I will stick with it for one or two more months given effectiveness is said to take several weeks or months. There must be a better way.
Reply the comment
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Finasteride, Enlarged prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Singulair to the rescue
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Finasteride and knee swelling
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Finasteride, Enlarged prostate
Recent studies of taking Finasteride in Enlarged Prostate on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Iron Dextran, Aspirin, Magnesium, Lipitor, Prozac, Diovan Hct, Proscar, Allopurinol for a patient with Knee Pain, Ace Levels, Health, Calcium Level - Low - Infants, Arteriosclerosis, Depression, Blood Pressure, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Kidney Stones. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Finasteride for a patient with BPH. The patient has Drooling
- A study of side effects of Finasteride for a patient with benign Enlargement Of The Prostate. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Rivastigmine, Sulfasalazine, Sinemet, Tamsulosin, Finasteride for a patient with Lewy Body Dementia, Colitis, Parkinson's Disease, Bph. The patient has Frequent Or Urgent Urination
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin, Losartan, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with BPH, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Blood Urine, Constipation
More related studies for: Finasteride, Enlarged prostate
Recent Enlarged Prostate related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Finasteride, Enlarged prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Vertigo and Melatonin
- Omeprazole and Sacralisation
- Opiate Withdrawal
Recent user comments
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (22 minutes ago)
- "Recently increased dose to 60 mg/day. Pic started ab ... " (8 hours ago)
- "Milky white cloudy vertical line in left side of visu ... " (8 hours ago)
- Novolin 70 30
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica Aggravated
- Whipworm Infection
- Autoimmune Disorder