Home > Enlarged prostate > Tamsulosin > Tamsulosin for Enlarged prostate
How effective is Tamsulosin for Enlarged prostate?
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.2/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Tamsulosin (tamsulosin) is for Enlarged prostate. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 152 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Tamsulosin for Enlarged prostate >>>
What is Tamsulosin
Tamsulosin (latest outcomes from 7,749 users) has active ingredients of tamsulosin. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Enlarged prostate (latest reports from 15,844 patients) can be treated by Flomax, Avodart, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Terazosin Hydrochloride.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 152 people are studied for taking Tamsulosin in Enlarged prostate
Tamsulosin effectiveness for Enlarged prostate (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Age of people who take Tamsulosin for Enlarged prostate * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.61%||19.08%||76.32% |
Who find Tamsulosin more effective for Enlarged prostate?
Age of people who find Tamsulosin more effective * :
|Enlarged prostate||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.87%||15.22%||73.91% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Can hydrochlorizide cause bhp symptoms in 70 year old male
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Bph, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
After suffering with bph(getting up 3 0r 4 times a night to urinate) having undergone a prostrate biopsy, my doctor took me off hydrochlorizide.
Soon after, my bph symptoms went away.
I take a 325 mg aspirin every day and have hypertension.
- After how many hors of taking tamsulosin can sleepiness occur
(Asked by a 77 year old man who has Sleepiness But After A Delay Of 12 To 24 Hours, and takes Tamsulosin)
I found I do not need to take tamsulosin evry day and now take one every 3 or 4 days
- Could this drug cause periodontal bone loss, bone loss around teeth
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Periodontal Bone Loss, Bone Loss Around Teeth , and takes Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Turmeric, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Fluoxetine, Celexa, Gabapentin, Omeprazole, Pantoprazole, Pentoxifylline, Garcinia Cambogia, Carbamazepine, Tamsulosin, Lisinopril, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Flunisolide)
Do you suffer from periodontal bone loss or periodontal disease, or bone loss around teeth after taking this drug? Are your sodium levels low after taking this drug? I am a dentist and keep my teeth plaque free, but have had periodontal bone loss for which, I believe, must be drug related.
- Has anyone experienced transient global amnesia from taking avodart?
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Parkinson's Disease, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Avodart)
Began Avodart for enlarged prostate and having difficulty urinating....3 nights later had transient global amnesia, lasting about 4 hours. Doctor does not think Avodart triggered the amnesia Has anyone had similar experience?
I am hesitant about going back on the Avodart but need to address the p ...
More questions for: Tamsulosin, Enlarged prostate
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Singulair to the rescue
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, and takes Singulair)
Antihistamines , even in small amounts, cause my prostate to swell immensely. Several months ago my allergies reached the point I had to take something. I had a physician's sample of 10 mg Singulair, so I took one. To my amazement, I got quick relief from extreme allergies, but my prostate SHRUNK ...
- Ideopathic hypersomnia from mantle cell lymphoma
(Posted by a 65 year old man who has Mantle Cell Lymphoma, Ideopathic Hypersomnia, and takes Pravastatin Sodium, Prilosec, Tamsulosin, Acyclovir)
I have an unusual idiopathic hypersomnia surrounded by the circumstance of also having Mantle Cell Lymphoma. I awake each day at around 7:00 am without an alarm after 7-8 hrs sleep. By 8:00 am after a cup of coffee and breakfast, I feel fully awake and 100% normal.
Around Noon and 12:30, I begi ...
- Enlarged prostate psa dropped from 4.0 to 3.0
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate)
My PSA dropped from 4.0 to 3.0 after 1) reducing my intake of bread and bread products. 2) taking ginger root in the form of crystalized ginger 3) making my own bread. The flour i used was from fresh ground wheat berries.
- Effects of eliminating folic acid
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, Urination - Difficulty With Flow, and takes Naloxone Hydrochloride)
After my doctor recommended I be treated for an enlarged prostate I began to cut out all bread & cereal and replace it with home made bread made with a bread machine. I purchased a wheat grinder and wheat berries and grind my own flour. The result is not only my prostate problems are much be ...
More reviews for: Tamsulosin, Enlarged prostate
Recent studies of taking Tamsulosin in Enlarged Prostate (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Avodart, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Poor Quality Sleep, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Chronic Depression. The patient has Cloudy Verticle Line In Right Eye, A Visual Field Defect
Comments: Milky white cloudy vertical line in left side of visual field of the right eye only subsequent to cataract surgery and implantation of Crystallens IOL. This line appears to be capable of retracting white light into a vertical straight "rainbow" along the inner edge of the vertical blurry white line ...
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with BPH. The patient has Morning-after Pill, Morning-after Pill
Comments: Took FIRST pill. Got up (carefully because of warnings) to pee and 4:00AM. Sitting on toilet pondering that it takes 2 weeks to feel effects. No memory of trying to stand up. Total syncope, came to crumpled in bathtub with concussion and 3 inch gas in back of head. 6 weeks later could not walk becau ...
- A study of side effects of Tamsulosin for a patient with Kidney Stones. The patient has Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: Was given this drug to aid in passing kidney stones following a lithotripsy procedure. Everything was fine until the urine cleared and no stones or particles were present in the urine strainer. I haven't been able to leave the bathroom for about four hours because I can't stop peeing. Sometimes it i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Cialis, Proventil, Xanax, Cardizem Sr, Lanoxin, Xarelto, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Clonidine, Altace for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, Bph, Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Asthma, Panic Attacks, High Blood Pressure, Sleep Apnea, Atrail Fib, Kidney Stones, Prostatitis, Osteoma,p Adrenal Adenoma, Pancreatitis
Comments: I have had rat bite fever, 1957; pylo9inidal cyst; PVC's, Hypoglycemia,p Hyperglycemia; Esophagitis; Diverticulitis; Ulcerative colitis; heart attack; gall bladder removal; adrenal adenoma; osteoma of the ear canal; kidney stones; prostatitis; agent orange exposure
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Uroxatral, Avodart for a patient with Hypertension, Bph. The patient has Rash Generalised
Comments: on 3 instances, got a skin itching and rash after swimming in a pool, all saltwater, in two occasion used sun screen and moderate exposure to the sun.
The rash started after showering and almost 2 to 3 hours after getting out of the water. Started on the chest area and slowly spread to shoulders ba ...
More related studies for: Tamsulosin, Enlarged prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Silver and Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction
- Bad Breath
- Kidney Stones and Arrhythmia
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cough and Topamax
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured. ... (24 minutes ago)
- Is it safe to mastrubate while recovering from gbs gullian barre syndrome (gbs)
im currently on my recovery path its been 4 months and yet ... (54 minutes ago)
- Anyone have severe mouth blisters/ulcers from rituan lasting more than 8 months????
Answer: Mouth ulcers whenever I lower my abilify dosage. Went to d ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (12 hours ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (20 hours ago)
- Jakavi_side effects on weight gain
Gained 6 kgs after 3 months of using Jakafi 5mg (4 tabs)/d ... (1 day ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirapex, Pravachol, Cymbalta, Clonidine, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax for a 58-year old woman who has Thyroid Disorder, RLS, High Density Lipoprotein Abnormal, RSD, Hot Flashes, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Headache (36 minutes ago)
- Cephalexin, Aranesp for a 86-year old woman who has Discitis, Low Hemoglobin (40 minutes ago)
- Humira for a 29-year old woman who has Psoriasis (1 hour ago)