Review: how effective is Carisoprodol for Fibromyalgia?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 11, 2014)
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.6/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Carisoprodol (carisoprodol) is for Fibromyalgia. The study is based on 13 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What is Carisoprodol
Carisoprodol (latest outcomes from 1,762 users) has active ingredients of carisoprodol. It is often used in muscle spasms. Common side effects of Carisoprodol include completed suicide, cardio-respiratory arrest, cardiac arrest, breathing - slowed or stopped, overdose.
Fibromyalgia (latest reports from 89,394 patients) is typically treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Flexeril.
On Mar, 11, 2014: 13 people are studied for taking Carisoprodol in Fibromyalgia
Carisoprodol effectiveness for Fibromyalgia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Carisoprodol for Fibromyalgia * :
Age of people who take Carisoprodol for Fibromyalgia * :
Who find Carisoprodol more effective for Fibromyalgia?
Gender of people who find Carisoprodol more effective * :
Age of people who find Carisoprodol more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Related topic: Carisoprodol, Fibromyalgia
See which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
pain in upper abdomen and feeling very hunger and after eating I feel much more pain and extreme nausea
From this study (4 months ago):
Very low sperm count. Trying to raise back up
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro Myalgia, Wilsons Syndrome and Hashimoto's Disease for 22 years. I suffered an injury to the pelvic floor this last summer and am now experiencing spikes in blood pressure, anxiety that awakens me suddenly from sleep and sets in shortly after breakfast and general non-specific depression. I am wondering if one or more of these meds might be causing these three symptoms or contributing to any of them. Thank you.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- What has helped anyone with 7/24 migraine?
Since menopause, I have suffered with migraines every single day. Prior to menopause, I never even had a headache. I have allergic reactions to many classifications of drugs, and any med in the calcium channel blocker or beta blocker category creates substantial muscle weakness. I now take Gabapenti ...
- Has anyone ever had anxiety attacks while taking miralax?
I have been using Miralax for at least a year,with no problem.Now,I'm having anxiety attacks & my head itches all the time & I do not have dandruff...Is there anyone who has had anything like this while using Miralax (Polyethylene). HELP!!I'M MISERABLE!!!I have to take something for constipation,but ...
More questions for: Carisoprodol, Fibromyalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- It has to be pls; leg weakness 2010, using cane wheelchair by dec.2013
fibromyalgia in 2000; sarcoidosis 2006; left knee weakness 2010,add right foot drag in 2012...using cane January 2013...using walker outside of the home starting December 2013! fasciculation, in right calf, tongue and left wrist, foot and hand cramps...cramp/spasms in right calf and right buttock... ...
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Carisoprodol, Fibromyalgia
Recent studies of taking Carisoprodol in Fibromyalgia on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Soma, Lortab, Xanax, Benadryl, Phenergan for a patient with IBS, Fibromyalgia, Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Allergies, Nausea. The patient has Fatigue Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Skelaxin, Starlix, Ultram, Lyrica, Oxycontin, Lasix, Synthroid, Lisinopril, Primidone, Vitamin D for a patient with Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, Arthritis, Pain Management, Kidney Damage, Thyroid Function Tests, High Blood Pressure, Tremor - Essential, Vitamin D. The patient has Celebrex
More related studies for: Carisoprodol, Fibromyalgia
Recent Fibromyalgia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
eHealthMe is used by 100+ peer-reviewed journals, and featured on Washington Post, Fox!
Millions of healthcare professionals and patients use us each month. Recent studies:
- Colace, Cymbalta, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Potassium, ... (1 minute ago)
- Levora 0.15/30-28, Topamax for a 29-year old woman wh ... (21 minutes ago)
- Fosamax, Mestinon, Cellcept, Prednisone for a 36-year ... (24 minutes ago)
- Acupuncture and pain
- Back pain - low
- Muscle spasms
- Pain relief by acupuncture
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen
- Tramadol Hydrochloride
- Check symptoms
- Check drugs
- Compare drugs
- Ask a question
- Write a review
- Report a side effect
- Dicyclomine 20mg
- Clindamycin 300mg
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide