Home > Fibromyalgia > Topamax > Topamax for Fibromyalgia
How effective is Topamax for Fibromyalgia?
Overall ratings: 3.2/5
Long term ratings: 3.5/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Topamax (topiramate) is for Fibromyalgia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 13 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Topamax for Fibromyalgia >>>
What is Topamax
Topamax (latest outcomes from 24,533 users) has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine.
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 93,052 patients) can be treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride.
On Oct, 23, 2014: 13 people are studied for taking Topamax in Fibromyalgia
Topamax effectiveness for Fibromyalgia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Topamax for Fibromyalgia * :
Age of people who take Topamax for Fibromyalgia * :
Who find Topamax more effective for Fibromyalgia?
Gender of people who find Topamax more effective * :
Age of people who find Topamax more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
please tell me if topamax causes sarocidosis. when i started to take it,in about a week,my body hurt terribly bad and by the next week, i was in the emergency room because i couldn't stop coughing and then a few days later, i had these red painful lesions all over my legs and then they told me my lymph nodes were swolled in my chest and that i needed to biopsied for sarcoid. i had it.
From this study (2 years ago):
I would like to know if there are any adverse effects of taking these drugs together, as I am going to the gym & working with a personal trainer. I have an excess amount of body fat and would like to try to get rid of some of it with the help of this supplement if it is safe.
Wondering on Sep, 7, 2012:
I am a 27 year old female and I have been taking adderall for many years. It's my understanding that this could have future effects on you but I was concerned about mixing it with the raspberry ketones. My weight loss program says its absolutely ok to mix them but I'm reading online how it has caffeine which is not a good mixture with adderall for me. My raspberry ketones are doctor prescribed so all I have is a prescription bottle without any ingredients listed. How is using these combined working for you? How do you feel? And have you found out any effects this could have on you?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- Does topamax effect sexual desire and cause weight gain
I have taken topamax for 10 years and have been gaining weight steadily every year. My doctor says the medication is not the reason because Topamax causes people to loose weight. I have also voiced my concerns to him that since I started taking this medication I have no desire for sex. He says th ...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
More questions for: Topamax, Fibromyalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- So sleepy with savella
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
More reviews for: Topamax, Fibromyalgia
Recent studies of taking Topamax in Fibromyalgia on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Fentanyl-75, Vitamin D, Prozac, Mirapex, Topamax for a patient with Chemotherapy Neurotoxicity Attenuation, Vitamin D Decreased, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Tmj Disorders, Gastric Bypass, Gallstones, Weight Above Normal, Intestinal Anastomosis Complication, Skin Spots - Red (Bleeding into the skin), Collapsed Lung (Traumatic pneumothorax), Myofascial Pain Syndrome (Fibromyalgia), Neuropathy (Peripheral neuropathy), Achilles Tendinitis, Lymphoma - Mediastinal (Mediastinal tumor), Chondromalacia Patella, Plantar Fasciitis, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Pinpoint Red Spots On The Skin (Bleeding into the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Tranxene, Lexapro, Topamax for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Anticipatory Anxiety, Weight Gain (Weight increased)
More related studies for: Topamax, Fibromyalgia
Recent Fibromyalgia related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Lyrica, Vicodin, Effexor, Ultram for a 52-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Norco, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Lyrica, Ms Contin for a 39-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
More related comparison studies for: Topamax, Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.