Review: how effective is Vicodin for Fibromyalgia?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 9, 2014)
Overall ratings: 3.1/5
Long term ratings: 3.0/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Vicodin (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is for Fibromyalgia. The study is based on 29 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What is Vicodin
Vicodin (latest outcomes from 35,229 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. Common side effects of Vicodin include pain, pain exacerbated, nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety.
Fibromyalgia (latest reports from 89,443 patients) is typically treated by Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Neurontin.
On Mar, 9, 2014: 29 people are studied for taking Vicodin in Fibromyalgia
Vicodin effectiveness for Fibromyalgia (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Vicodin for Fibromyalgia * :
Age of people who take Vicodin for Fibromyalgia * :
Who find Vicodin more effective for Fibromyalgia?
Gender of people who find Vicodin more effective * :
Age of people who find Vicodin more effective * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Related topic: Vicodin, Fibromyalgia
See which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
pain in upper abdomen and feeling very hunger and after eating I feel much more pain and extreme nausea
From this study (2 months ago):
Ever since I started the Fentanyl and Diazepam I have had very vivid nightmares. I also seem angry a lot. Before taking these medicines I never remembered my dreams at all.
From this study (4 months ago):
Upper right abdominal pain varying in frequency and duration
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Vicodin, Fibromyalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- It has to be pls; leg weakness 2010, using cane wheelchair by dec.2013
fibromyalgia in 2000; sarcoidosis 2006; left knee weakness 2010,add right foot drag in 2012...using cane January 2013...using walker outside of the home starting December 2013! fasciculation, in right calf, tongue and left wrist, foot and hand cramps...cramp/spasms in right calf and right buttock... ...
- Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
More reviews for: Vicodin, Fibromyalgia
Recent studies of taking Vicodin in Fibromyalgia on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Lamotrigine, Metformin Hydrochloride, Enalapril Maleate, Glipizide, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Vicodin, Loratadine, Lantus for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Neuropathy, Bipolar 1, Insulin-requiring Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Sugar, Heartburn Prevention, Adhd, Fibromyalgia, Nasal Discomfort, Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Blood Lead Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal - 100MG, Synthroid, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Norco, Flexeril, Metformin Hydrochloride, Alprazolam, Alprazolam, Kariva, HCTZ, Toradol, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate, B12 for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Hypertension, Fibromyalgia, Pcos, Muscle Spasticity, Anxiety Disorder, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Spondyloarthropathy, Cfs. The patient has Lamictal, Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate
- A study of drug interactions between Advair Diskus 250/50, Lasix, Lisinopril, Spiriva, Motrin, Norco, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Proair Hfa for a patient with COPD, Hypertension, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety, Sleep Aid. The patient has Advair Diskus 250/50
More related studies for: Vicodin, Fibromyalgia
Recent Fibromyalgia related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fibromyalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.