Home > Foot, leg, and ankle swelling > Aldactone > Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
How effective is Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Aldactone (spironolactone) is for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
What is Aldactone
Aldactone (latest outcomes from 20,197 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (latest reports from 4,720 patients) can be treated by Furosemide, Lasix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Spironolactone, Hctz.
On Nov, 22, 2014: 4 people are studied for taking Aldactone in Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Aldactone effectiveness for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Who find Aldactone more effective for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Gender of people who find Aldactone more effective * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who find Aldactone more effective * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does aldactone work on blonde facial hair
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Facial Hair , and takes Aldactone )
Blonde vellus facial hair after taking a hair tonic tablet by fusion and also removel of hair caused it to Grow longer and more
- Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed i was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. i felt very out of it and spacey. i have had blood work drawn t
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Speech Disorder, Trance Like Behavior, Slurred Speech, Mouth Dropped Down.Swollen Feet, Ankles, And Legs., Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Lasix)
Woke up with swollen feet, legs and family member noticed I was slurring my speech and my mouth was drawn down in an abnormal position. I felt very out of it and spacey. I have had blood work drawn today, CT of head, EKG and the doctor said I have what is called a "hard heart". I will see him tomo ...
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Taking cialis 5 mg daily for about 40 days. started to get what i thought was pain down 1 leg and now have swelling of foot, ankle and lower leg
(Asked by a 81 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Tenoretic 100, Tricor, Norvasc)
Taking cialis 5 mg daily for about 40 days. started to get what I thought was pain down 1 leg and now have swelling of foot, ankle and lower leg
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has AVM - Cerebral, Hep C, and takes Extended Phenytoin Sodium, Keppra, Amlodipine Besylate, Lisinopril, Spironolactone)
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
More questions for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who has Hair Loss In Women, and takes Spironolactone)
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
(Posted by a 30 year old woman who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Skin Hyperpigmentation, Lips - Chapped And Dry, Muscle Fatigue - Muscle Weakness - Strength In Legs And Arms Weaker)
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
- Sphingomonas paucimobilis: the worrisome infection
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Sphingomonas Paucimobilis Infection, Inflammatory Pain (toebox On Same Side As Infected Leg Wound), Pain In Leg (area Of Infection), Bruise That Does Not Heal, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs)
This is part two of my patient journal. I feel more pain and what feels like more symptoms. I was taking Ciprofloxacin for the infection but treatment did not work and my doctor has had me stop taking it.
For the past 5 days I have not had any sort of medication and there seems to be worsening s ...
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
More reviews for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Recent studies of taking Aldactone in Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Aldactone for a patient with Potassium - Low. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Vomiting
Comments: very weak musles
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Crestor, Aldactone for a patient with Hypertension, High Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure
Comments: This regimine was instituted in August 2014 and I now have high blood calcium and the AGAP (Anion Gap) was high too.
- A study of drug interactions between Lunesta, Geodon, Viibryd, Trimethoprim, Spironolactone, Vytorin, Aspirin, Calcium, Exemestane for a patient with Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Bipolar Disorder, Urinary Tract Infection, Hirsutism, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: monthly urinary tract infections
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Cephalexin for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Injection Site Reaction. The patient has Corneal Ulcers And Infections
Comments: swollen hand, open and scabbed sores on legs. smaller red dots all over top and bottom of legs,pain,swollen legs and feet, itching.
More related studies for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Arrhythmia and Crestor
- Myalgia and Macrobid
- Loss Of Memory and Spironolactone
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (5 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (10 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (21 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)