Home > Foot, leg, and ankle swelling > Aldactone > Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
How effective is Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Overall ratings: 2.8/5
On a scale of 1 to 5: 1=not at all, 2=somewhat, 3=moderate, 4=high, 5=very high
This is a review of how effective Aldactone (spironolactone) is for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 4 reports from user community and is updated continuously.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling >>>
What is Aldactone
Aldactone (latest outcomes from 20,184 users) has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne.
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (latest reports from 4,552 patients) can be treated by Furosemide, Lasix, Hydrochlorothiazide, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Hctz, Spironolactone.
On Oct, 22, 2014: 4 people are studied for taking Aldactone in Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Aldactone effectiveness for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling (number of people):
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high |
Gender of people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||25.00%||75.00% |
Age of people who take Aldactone for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
Who find Aldactone more effective for Foot, leg, and ankle swelling?
Gender of people who find Aldactone more effective * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who find Aldactone more effective * :
|Foot, leg, and ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Find out which drug is more effective in real world to treat:
Latest outcomes in real world:
What do you think? Post a comment.
Want to personalize this study to your gender and age? Start now.
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
Sever cramps in calves, hands, feet, thighs that last up to 45 min. Once relaxes can start again within a minute. Sometimes recurring over an 8 hour period.
From this study (1 year ago):
Severe muscle cramps in hands, arms, legs and feet that last somethimes about 30 min over and over during the night, sometimes all night. Muscles in leg calves affected most often but often hand, feet and thighs. It feels a a knot that will not go away. Once it starts subsiding it quickly relaxes but can return a few seconds later for the same duration. Hands are usually affected in day time and precede the night time leg cramps. Fingers distort and cannot move them.
From this study (4 years ago):
bullous pemphigoid is terrible, but I have got it in remission by continuing to take 500mg of Niacinamide..
tommie on Jul, 23, 2010:
can you take niacin if you are on spironolactone for other reasons besides blood pressure.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Abnormal orgasm after likely caused by taking spironolactone
I was taking Spironolactone to assist with hairloss for approx 7 years. Although the drug did help to stop hair falling out it also caused abnormal orgasm and after 12 months of not taking the drug I am still unable to climax normally. My doctor cannot give me a full explanation for this.
- Muscle weakness while on accutane
I began taking Accutane end of 2013 and I'm just now finishing up my medication.
During the first month I noticed my hands swelling up, but I also noticed my knuckles lightened.
Where I considered my elbows to be ashy, the color lightened up and the skin became smooth. My body retained water and ...
More reviews for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Recent studies of taking Aldactone in Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling on eHealthMe:
- A study of drug interactions between Bifidobacterium Bifidum; Bifidobacterium Breve; Bifidobacterium Infantis; Bifidobacterium Lactis; Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Gabapentin, Spironolactone, Adenosine for a patient with Female Genital-digestive Tract Fistula, Liver Disorder, Adhd, Pain - Hip, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Cardiac Stress Test Abnormal. The patient has Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps)
- A study of drug interactions between Spironolactone, Lactulose, Gabapentin, Adderall 20 for a patient with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Liver Disorder, Pain - Hip, Adhd. The patient has Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps)
- A study of drug interactions between Aldactone, Simvastatin for a patient with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Cholesterol. The patient has Peripheral Edema (Oedema Peripheral)
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Niacin, Avapro, Spironolactone, Multivitamin for a patient with Hypertension - Essential, Bullous Pemphigoid, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Vitamins. The patient has Headache - Tension (Tension headache), High Blood Pressure, Irritability
More related studies for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
Recent Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Aldactone, Foot, leg, and ankle swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vimpat, Dexamethasone for a 62-year old woman who has Glioblastoma Multiforme (1 minute ago)
- Wellbutrin Xl, Bactrim, Prednisone, Prilosec for a 33-year old man who has Stop Smoking, Nocardia Infection, Asthma, Heartburn (4 minutes ago)
- Wellbutrin Xl, Bactrim, Prednisone, Prilosec for a 33-year old man who has Stop Smoking, Nocardia Infection, Asthma, Heartburn (8 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness and Victoza
- Low Platelet Count
- Diabetic Gastroparesis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
Recent user comments
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I have been taking Lisinopril with Lasix for 10+ year ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Should an individual who has been taking Risperdal, a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Hot Tub Folliculitis
- Bearded Darnel
- Benadryl (mcneil Cons) 50mg
- Amlodipine Besylate